IGNORED

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

adamantyr

2 hours ago, lerugray said:

Is one of those places including the moors where the hound hangs out? Also wondering about the plague town. I'll try it again later tonight once i finish dealing with bank stuff

Those should be fine to use it. Are you trying to use it in the inventory menu? You have to use it in travel mode.

2 hours ago, adamantyr said:

Those should be fine to use it. Are you trying to use it in the inventory menu? You have to use it in travel mode.

thats what it is then, thank you!

also one more thing, I apologize for all the questions! I've noticed this playthrough that my bard is constantly losing fatigue during combat if he moves or fires a ranged weapon, is this also intentional? This is not the case for the rogue in the party who has full fatigue regardless of his actions

As you can see in the picture, this bard started with full fatigue in combat, he hasn't used a single spell, but just by moving around and shooting a bow he is now out of fatigue while the rogue remains at full, if this is intentional I'm curious as to the mechanics, thanks!

EDIT: Just saw in the manual that characters take fatigue damage when using more APs than they have left (clever!) so I assume that must be it.

image.thumb.png.368078af6c4e678c7b6c349f50bb3227.png

Edited by lerugray

1 hour ago, lerugray said:

thats what it is then, thank you!

also one more thing, I apologize for all the questions! I've noticed this playthrough that my bard is constantly losing fatigue during combat if he moves or fires a ranged weapon, is this also intentional? This is not the case for the rogue in the party who has full fatigue regardless of his actions

As you can see in the picture, this bard started with full fatigue in combat, he hasn't used a single spell, but just by moving around and shooting a bow he is now out of fatigue while the rogue remains at full, if this is intentional I'm curious as to the mechanics, thanks!

EDIT: Just saw in the manual that characters take fatigue damage when using more APs than they have left (clever!) so I assume that must be it.

image.thumb.png.368078af6c4e678c7b6c349f50bb3227.png

Yep, that's exactly right. Since you have five AP's and most actions cost two AP's, it's pretty easy to go over every turn.

• Like 1

So I think I may have gotten myself stuck on Osthaven given I don't have enough money to get back and im generally not strong enough to kill enemy mobs here, wondering if there is a hint im missing to recruit the warlock easily? otherwise I think I may have to restart unfortunately lol

Edited by lerugray

2 minutes ago, lerugray said:

So I think I may have gotten myself stuck on Osthaven given I don't have enough money to get back and im generally not strong enough to kill enemy mobs here, wondering if there is a hint im missing to recruit the warlock easily? otherwise I think I may have to restart unfortunately lol

The warlock will require a major quest item to rescue from her cell.

If you truly have no means to get money, a cheat below...

Spoiler

At the menu screen, before selecting "continue adventure" press Control and the number 3.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, adamantyr said:

The warlock will require a major quest item to rescue from her cell.

If you truly have no means to get money, a cheat below...

Hide contents

At the menu screen, before selecting "continue adventure" press Control and the number 3.

Thank you so much! I appreciate this, yeah I have less than 30 GP right now lol

What's the mechanic for attempting to open locked doors after a failure? I failed to open this one door in the raiders' lair so I went and trained twice and equipped a thief trinket but still couldn't get it open... and after a few tries my pick broke. Is it like the old tabletop rule where you need to gain a level before trying again?

5 minutes ago, Brent Ellison said:

What's the mechanic for attempting to open locked doors after a failure? I failed to open this one door in the raiders' lair so I went and trained twice and equipped a thief trinket but still couldn't get it open... and after a few tries my pick broke. Is it like the old tabletop rule where you need to gain a level before trying again?

Yes, there's no randomness involved, you just have to have a high enough skill. Now checking on it, that door DOES have a rather inordinately high lock value, I think it got missed when I was refactoring them.

Try an unlock spell on it instead?

Quest related question, I'm assuming I maybe missed

Spoiler

something underneath the priory? Cleared out the dungeon exploring the whole thing I think, but when I check back at the town they still state that they are getting trouble from the bandits underneath the priory, was there something else that I was supposed to do there that I missed?

5 hours ago, Brent Ellison said:

Running around in the Saguaro Gulch area and I think there's a refresh issue on health damage while walking around in the overworld. Walking through the cacti I don't immediately see my health go down, but when I go into combat suddenly everyone's health is lower.

Hmm I checked code and tried walking through a cacti patch myself, it seems to be working as intended. When I went to combat everyone's health seemed to align with what I could view in travel mode.

1 hour ago, lerugray said:

Quest related question, I'm assuming I maybe missed

Hide contents

something underneath the priory? Cleared out the dungeon exploring the whole thing I think, but when I check back at the town they still state that they are getting trouble from the bandits underneath the priory, was there something else that I was supposed to do there that I missed?

Spoiler

The ruined priory has bandits, but in the catacombs underneath you can find a secret entrance to a dungeon. I don't think there's any trigger change for defeating the bandits, they're just a nuisance to clear out.

3 minutes ago, adamantyr said:
  Hide contents

The ruined priory has bandits, but in the catacombs underneath you can find a secret entrance to a dungeon. I don't think there's any trigger change for defeating the bandits, they're just a nuisance to clear out.

Spoiler

Ah okay cool, I did clear the dungeon as well and found a nice book, just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Edited by lerugray

7 hours ago, Brent Ellison said:

Did I just imagine that it was referred to as a pyramid somewhere? Or is there another pyramid??

There is no pyramid. I decided early on it was an overused trope of desert type kingdoms. I even thought about dropping a joke in the tavern about how stupid it is to build a tomb everyone can see.

1 minute ago, lerugray said:

I'm fairly sure I only change what was mentioned in the version notes, unless I either misread or mis-clicked something, which is definitely possible at 3AM in the morning

Well as long as you didn't overwrite the SAV file you should be fine. None of the files changes should directly impact a current game at all.