IGNORED

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

adamantyr

9 hours ago, xahmol said:

My biggest issue right now is that the first left column is not visible on my CRT. But that is a generic issue I have so not limited to RoA. If anybody has any solution for this on CRTs where the overscan is alas not adjustable I would be grateful to hear ?

What model is the Sony TV that you have?  Try searching for the service manual for that model.  I have a similar-looking Sony TV and it has a hidden menu that requires some unusual sequence of remote key presses to activate, but once in the menu, you can adjust EVERYTHING including the overscan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeteE said:

What model is the Sony TV that you have? 

Ok, good suggestion. Will investigate. Problem is I do not have the remote anymore of that TV (broke down due to battery leakage, but for what I now use it for the buttons at the TV itself suffice, only need the on off button and leave it at the SCART input anyway), but have two Harmony remotes here, so will try with those, see which model it is hopefully from a sticker at the back and then look the internet for that hidden menu now I know it should be there…..

6 hours ago, broettger said:

I am using the files from the Steam release.  I have reproduced the original issue if I start from scratch and use the dsk files and copy them to my tipi.  

if I copy the files from the steam data folder along with with using cartridge bin file on a FinalGROM everything works up to the point of loading the world map.  It keeps asking to insert into disk 1.  

If I use the data folder and try to load from extended basic, I get a white screeching screen instead of the intro at the end of the green loading screen.  

I believe I found the issue when trying to use the data folder.  I was copying files via the unc path using windows explorer.  That does not convert them to the tifiles format.   When I uploaded the files via the web interface, they get converted and everything works fine so far (no white screen).

When I copied the dsk files via windows explorer via the unc path, the tipi automatically extracted the files into folders and converted them to the tifiles format. I then copied them all into one folder on the tipi and mapped dsk1 to that combined folder.   I suspect the dsk images may not contain 100% identical files to what is in the data folder from the Steam release.  

Long story short, I am starting a new game on the real iron and will see what happens when I talk to the old hermit.   I expect  it will be just fine.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, broettger said:

I believe I found the issue when trying to use the data folder.  I was copying files via the unc path using windows explorer.  That does not convert them to the tifiles format.   When I uploaded the files via the web interface, they get converted and everything works fine so far (no white screen).

When I copied the dsk files via windows explorer via the unc path, the tipi automatically extracted the files into folders and converted them to the tifiles format. I then copied them all into one folder on the tipi and mapped dsk1 to that combined folder.   I suspect the dsk images may not contain 100% identical files to what is in the data folder from the Steam release.  

Long story short, I am starting a new game on the real iron and will see what happens when I talk to the old hermit.   I expect  it will be just fine.  

Update - this time everything is good!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I'm holding off on playing until all the bugs have been found ?

Since the updates are become less frequent, I think we are getting real close now!

Considering that we discovered (and fixed) an ancient ROS bug (I think we found it in every ROS version we had access to from about V4 on) while testing our updates for the HRD-4000B, you may be waiting a long time for perfection, @Vorticon :) :) :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, PeteE said:

What model is the Sony TV that you have?  Try searching for the service manual for that model.

Update for those interested (and than will stop hijacking this thread for this slightly but not really related topic): thanks to PeteEs suggestion and DM I found the hidden menu on my Sony to adjust for it. Now have all TI pixels nicely fitting in the screen. Many thanks, PeteE!

IMG_1396.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I have come across a bug with the 4.19.042 version.  
I have reproduced it on both real hardware and on the Steam version. 

Start a new game

Go to the General Store in Althorpe.

Select buy.

Press Q to examine any food item(hardtack, potatoes, etc)
Game screeches and locks up!

Examine works fine on other items and every where else I have tried it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, broettger said:

I think I have come across a bug with the 4.19.042 version.  
I have reproduced it on both real hardware and on the Steam version. 

Start a new game

Go to the General Store in Althorpe.

Select buy.

Press Q to examine any food item(hardtack, potatoes, etc)
Game screeches and locks up!

Examine works fine on other items and every where else I have tried it.  

Dang it! I'm still holding out on playing the game until all the bugs have been rooted out and squashed ? Perhaps it's a Quixotic quest?

The good news is that Adam is very quick at providing updates, so we should be getting a fix soon.

• Like 3

Adam sure has put a lot of updates out.. so many that gmail has decided it was spam... LOL... Amazing work! BITD, it would have just been bugged, and done. Support would have said, "start over, and now when you get to the ... go the other way... save... and don't do that..."

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, InfernalKeith said:

I've been waiting to really do a deep dive (not worried about bugs, just super busy) and I realized I waited long enough that the bug fix report became a spoiler ("there's a WHAT in this game??").  :D 

Time to get into it!

And who said procrastination doesn't pay off???

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down the most complete and appealing RPG/Adventure game I've ever played on the TI.  I had a big crush on Legends and Legends II... perhaps an even bigger one early on with Old Dark Caves.  This game is not only insanely immersive, but it pushes the limits of the system in so many ways that one marvels at the scope and texture of the game as a whole.  From the opening sequence, you know you're in for something magical.  And it doesn't disappoint at any stage of the journey.  If you've not played this one yet, I highly suggest you do it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

@Opry99er Welcome back, brother!

Thanks, friend.  :) I've been doing some live streams on YouTube trying to hit a deathless Alpiner run, and I was humbled by the insanely random nature of level generation.  Made me miss you all.  Thought I'd poke my head in and touch base.  😁

• Like 6

Just now, Opry99er said:

Thanks, friend.  :) I've been doing some live streams on YouTube trying to hit a deathless Alpiner run, and I was humbled by the insanely random nature of level generation.  Made me miss you all.  Thought I'd poke my head in and touch base.  😁

Well, hell.  Try to stay a while :D

• Like 1

Hi. I just discover this game and the popularity of it but before get it I have a question. I have a Tipi/32K, after reading I understand I need a SAM to be able to play it. What could be the best option for me? There is a SAM version that I can connect to my port? Like Speech-->TIPI-->SAM with out the need of an additional PI? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Rafael1138 said:

Hi. I just discover this game and the popularity of it but before get it I have a question. I have a Tipi/32K, after reading I understand I need a SAM to be able to play it. What could be the best option for me? There is a SAM version that I can connect to my port? Like Speech-->TIPI-->SAM with out the need of an additional PI? Thanks.

you will need to either

get a sidecar sams and sidecar tipi to attach to it

disable the 32k in your 32k/tipi combo and attach a sidecar sams after it providing enough power for both on the external power connector of tipi 

"   "                        "    "                                           expansion box with sams peb card 

• Like 4