IGNORED

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

adamantyr

Well I didn't quite make Christmas... But I did get it done in 2020!

roa-small.png.c3ba3186e41c2a4983c5d185d4ebbe99.png

Realms of Antiquity: The Shattered Crown is now released! Digital edition is available immediately, collector's editions are in pre-order and will ship late January/early February.

I've put together a website for it here, you'll find links to the store to purchase it on the product page:

http://quixotic.adamantyr.com/

If you have questions, check the FAQ on my website for answers, and post here if you can't find what you need. I'll update the FAQ accordingly!

Excelsior! Time to see how long before I have to release a new build...

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of the community share their experiences of the game.  It's huge! 

This will be an adventure a lot of us are on for quite some time to come. 

There are a tonne of sidequests and optional areas.  And playing the game with all available companions would take many playthroughs. 

So as much as beating the main quest is a long road, it's also kind of just the beginning. 

• Like 3

Sick.   This is awesome.  I have a sams card from when krsaul made them, I regular 90k 5.25" floppy drive, a 180k 3.5" drive and a TIPI (as of today), and a final grom 99, and a 384K horizon ramdisk hooked up.  I think these are the only relevant HW for this game?  I prefer to run as much off OG hardware as possible.  Recommendation to on what to buy?  Is there like an 'all in edition' where I can get all the floppies and the cart?  Also...what does the cart do if I have the floppies and/or vice versa?  Like can I just straight up run this off the cartridge?  I definitely want the physical edition, just want to make sure I can actually run the physical edition I order off my system ?  I just do want to buy all the cool stuff and then have to xfer it to tipi and run the digital edition if I can avoid it -- I need that disk drive grinding away to satiate myself!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, budz2355 said:

Sick.   This is awesome.  I have a sams card from when krsaul made them, I regular 90k 5.25" floppy drive, a 180k 3.5" drive and a TIPI (as of today), and a final grom 99, and a 384K horizon ramdisk hooked up.  I think these are the only relevant HW for this game?  I prefer to run as much off OG hardware as possible.  Recommendation to on what to buy?  Is there like an 'all in edition' where I can get all the floppies and the cart?  Also...what does the cart do if I have the floppies and/or vice versa?  Like can I just straight up run this off the cartridge?  I definitely want the physical edition, just want to make sure I can actually run the physical edition I order off my system ?  I just do want to buy all the cool stuff and then have to xfer it to tipi and run the digital edition if I can avoid it -- I need that disk drive grinding away to satiate myself!

The TIPI is the best way to play the game, honestly.

Adam

• Like 1

The last tester who completed the game took 191 hours.

If new versions are released due to bugs and updates, anyone who purchased the software will get the update, probably through notification via email. If the changes necessitate an alteration to the cartridge ROM that gets a bit trickier but it can be fixed.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

The last tester who completed the game took 191 hours.

If new versions are released due to bugs and updates, anyone who purchased the software will get the update, probably through notification via email. If the changes necessitate an alteration to the cartridge ROM that gets a bit trickier but it can be fixed.

HOLY SMOKE!! that's awesome.  Sounds like a lot of playtime.

Hey Adam,

Way to go on completing this  most ambitious project. This game looks fabulous. I’m especially impressed by the professional packaging and materials that come along with the collector’s edition — awesome!

I have an original TIPI with JediMatt 32k expansion RAM. Guessing I have a reason to order the SAMs sidecar now. 
   Happy New Year!

James

• Like 1

If Adam looks back in his email, I've been professional nagging since at least 2007 for this game! ?

My earliest email exchanges (that hotmail didn't decide to loose was 2005) - at that point it was about an Eastern Front Clone for the TI-99/4a. Now, that this little task is out of the way, maybe Eastern Front will make it back to the front burner! ?

Thanks Adam, you know, I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

• Like 3