adamantyr

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

9 hours ago, xahmol said:

My biggest issue right now is that the first left column is not visible on my CRT. But that is a generic issue I have so not limited to RoA. If anybody has any solution for this on CRTs where the overscan is alas not adjustable I would be grateful to hear 😉

What model is the Sony TV that you have?  Try searching for the service manual for that model.  I have a similar-looking Sony TV and it has a hidden menu that requires some unusual sequence of remote key presses to activate, but once in the menu, you can adjust EVERYTHING including the overscan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeteE said:

What model is the Sony TV that you have? 

Ok, good suggestion. Will investigate. Problem is I do not have the remote anymore of that TV (broke down due to battery leakage, but for what I now use it for the buttons at the TV itself suffice, only need the on off button and leave it at the SCART input anyway), but have two Harmony remotes here, so will try with those, see which model it is hopefully from a sticker at the back and then look the internet for that hidden menu now I know it should be there…..

6 hours ago, broettger said:

I am using the files from the Steam release.  I have reproduced the original issue if I start from scratch and use the dsk files and copy them to my tipi.  

if I copy the files from the steam data folder along with with using cartridge bin file on a FinalGROM everything works up to the point of loading the world map.  It keeps asking to insert into disk 1.  

If I use the data folder and try to load from extended basic, I get a white screeching screen instead of the intro at the end of the green loading screen.  

I believe I found the issue when trying to use the data folder.  I was copying files via the unc path using windows explorer.  That does not convert them to the tifiles format.   When I uploaded the files via the web interface, they get converted and everything works fine so far (no white screen).

When I copied the dsk files via windows explorer via the unc path, the tipi automatically extracted the files into folders and converted them to the tifiles format. I then copied them all into one folder on the tipi and mapped dsk1 to that combined folder.   I suspect the dsk images may not contain 100% identical files to what is in the data folder from the Steam release.  

Long story short, I am starting a new game on the real iron and will see what happens when I talk to the old hermit.   I expect  it will be just fine.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, broettger said:

I believe I found the issue when trying to use the data folder.  I was copying files via the unc path using windows explorer.  That does not convert them to the tifiles format.   When I uploaded the files via the web interface, they get converted and everything works fine so far (no white screen).

When I copied the dsk files via windows explorer via the unc path, the tipi automatically extracted the files into folders and converted them to the tifiles format. I then copied them all into one folder on the tipi and mapped dsk1 to that combined folder.   I suspect the dsk images may not contain 100% identical files to what is in the data folder from the Steam release.  

Long story short, I am starting a new game on the real iron and will see what happens when I talk to the old hermit.   I expect  it will be just fine.  

Update - this time everything is good!

• Like 3

I'm holding off on playing until all the bugs have been found 😁

Since the updates are become less frequent, I think we are getting real close now!

6 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I'm holding off on playing until all the bugs have been found 😁

Since the updates are become less frequent, I think we are getting real close now!

Considering that we discovered (and fixed) an ancient ROS bug (I think we found it in every ROS version we had access to from about V4 on) while testing our updates for the HRD-4000B, you may be waiting a long time for perfection, @Vorticon :) :) :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, PeteE said:

What model is the Sony TV that you have?  Try searching for the service manual for that model.

Update for those interested (and than will stop hijacking this thread for this slightly but not really related topic): thanks to PeteEs suggestion and DM I found the hidden menu on my Sony to adjust for it. Now have all TI pixels nicely fitting in the screen. Many thanks, PeteE!

IMG_1396.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Who did the splash screen for the game? 

Me :) Based upon Thomas Moran's "Grand Canyon in Yellowstone".

Grand Canyon in Yellowstone.jpg

• Like 9