IGNORED

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

adamantyr

1 minute ago, adamantyr said:

Ugh... well the SAV file contains your characters and their stuff and what quest items and stuff they have done. The SG# files are the map mob files so NPC states as well as monsters are in those. If you somehow overwrote them it unfortunately lost your game. 

Oh well! I'll have to be more careful next time, not the worst thing as I could try a different companion combo this time now that I know where more of them are.

Just now, adamantyr said:

I apologize for the fact I keep releasing new builds! I really don't want to disrupt people's fun.

Nothing to apologize for at all, I appreciate the fact that you are attentive and releasing them! It's a wonderful game, so I don't mind playing more of it again, I still have apparently barely scratched the surface :)

10 hours ago, dhe said:

My 10+ year wait is over!!!

Adam, feel free to take a week off, then is Eastern Front moved to the front burner! ;)

You're also working on a wargame Adam? Would love to hear more about it, I do board wargames as my dayjob and just released a series on barbarossa, so im happy to help with research or whatever else.

He's referring an early work of mine, converting Eastern Front 1941 from the Atari 8-bit line to the TI.

I was able to do so because I had a source code listing for the game in 6502 assembly. I got a good clip of the way through it but stalled when even translated the AI routine didn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure I will pick it back up again or not; translating someone else's code was not so much fun.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

He's referring an early work of mine, converting Eastern Front 1941 from the Atari 8-bit line to the TI.

I was able to do so because I had a source code listing for the game in 6502 assembly. I got a good clip of the way through it but stalled when even translated the AI routine didn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure I will pick it back up again or not; translating someone else's code was not so much fun.

Ah I see, that indeed sounds like a nightmare with assembly!

Still plugging along, but I've got a content question for ya:

Spoiler

The vizier of Ispahan told me that he believed the assassins that attacked me at the inn were in a castle along the western edge of the desert north of the pass. I've combed the entire mountains in the Amari Desert north and south of the pass with my thief and I've found no castle (I did find a very nasty dragon though). Am I barking up the wrong tree?

3 hours ago, Brent Ellison said:

Still plugging along, but I've got a content question for ya:

Hide contents

The vizier of Ispahan told me that he believed the assassins that attacked me at the inn were in a castle along the western edge of the desert north of the pass. I've combed the entire mountains in the Amari Desert north and south of the pass with my thief and I've found no castle (I did find a very nasty dragon though). Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Nope, there is a secret pass there. I made sure it works. :) Check the northwestern corner very thoroughly.

OK, another content question:

Spoiler

The prisoner in Osthaven tells me "to the northwest in the mountain pass is a monastery." But northwest is the ocean, the mountains are to the east. I've found some locations in those mountains, but nothing like a monastery. Is this correct, in which case I guess he means wayyyyy to the northwest in the Great Forest?

55 minutes ago, Brent Ellison said:

OK, another content question:

Hide contents

The prisoner in Osthaven tells me "to the northwest in the mountain pass is a monastery." But northwest is the ocean, the mountains are to the east. I've found some locations in those mountains, but nothing like a monastery. Is this correct, in which case I guess he means wayyyyy to the northwest in the Great Forest?

Spoiler

He means FAR to the northwest in another region entirely. The Whitecrown mountains area. I'll update his text to read like this for a future release:

"Far to the northwest in the Whitecrown mountains is a monastery. It's actually a Thieves Guild sanctuary.
One of our greatest relics is there, the skeleton key! It can unlock anything!
You can enter by finding a switch in the crypts that will open a door in a storeroom.
Be cautious. The Sanctuary was also a testing ground for thieves; It won't be easy to traverse."

More questions after a big quest:

Spoiler

Is it possible to get the lever if you give the firearms to Commander Herzog? He doesn't let you ask about it and the Voivode is now locked up with no dialog.
Also... is there more than one powder keg? I used magic eye to see past that second golem into a room full of treasure chests... wondering if it's either/or.

And a non-spoilery question - is there a counter to sleep? It seems like the only really nasty effect that has no reversal or protection.

2 minutes ago, Brent Ellison said:

More questions after a big quest:

Hide contents

Is it possible to get the lever if you give the firearms to Commander Herzog? He doesn't let you ask about it and the Voivode is now locked up with no dialog.
Also... is there more than one powder keg? I used magic eye to see past that second golem into a room full of treasure chests... wondering if it's either/or.

And a non-spoilery question - is there a counter to sleep? It seems like the only really nasty effect that has no reversal or protection.

Spoiler

You can get the lever independently of the firearms mission, all you need is the Skeleton key to open the case. In fact, the Voivode has no dialogue about it at all, only Perse mentions it.

There is only one powder keg and it can only be used in the armoury. The only means to open the Imperial Treasury is with the Skeleton Key.

Sleep wears off at any point that you take direct damage from an opponent. However, some of the enemies (like the plains dragon) seem to have hit upon the tactic of attacking THEN hitting you with sleep again. I didn't intend it that way but DAMN...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brent Ellison said:

Minor bug:

Hide contents

If you give the firearms to Herzog and talk to him in Osthaven, his greeting text is as follows:
image.thumb.png.1052a897a4467a8875f48d8cfd465387.png

Spoiler

Ah good one! I forgot to change his open greeting in that case.

Unfortunately it will require me to go to a major version to fix as moving text around can break saved games. I think I'll make a start of one, and include this fix in there.

6 hours ago, broettger said:

I just ordered the collector’s edition.  I can’t wait to check this out.  

I look forward to playing on my TI, but will need to find a sidecar SAMS card first.  Until then, I guess emulation will have to suffice. 

I have plenty of the SAMS PEB cards assembled, but the sidecar ones are made by someone else.

• Like 1