IGNORED

Source code of C99 compiler

retroclouds

The last contact I seem to have with Clint was back around 2003 from information I could find.  I found a note somewhere that indicated he retired in 2004.  That's 16 years ago, which would put him like in his late 70's or early 80's.

I called the one phone number I had for him and asked for Clint.  It wasn't a good number for him, and before I could complete  asking a second question, they hung up on me.  I could not find him on Linkedin nor Facebook.

I'll do a bit more digging, but it is likely the source has been lost.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Anyone knows where to get the source code to the C99 v4 compiler (or any other version) ?

So far I’ve come accross disks with the compiler package, but not its underlying source code.

Thanks

retroclouds

OK, here is everything I have from Clint.  It was on a MESS image from about 2003 I distributed.  I believe the code is the MDOS version, but I can not confirm. it is possible the 4A version could be part of it as a conditional compile.  If memory serves me correctly, c99 would compile itself.  Code for the libraries I think are also included.

Beery

C99-V400-SRC.zip

• Like 9

3 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

OK, here is everything I have from Clint.  It was on a MESS image from about 2003 I distributed.  I believe the code is the MDOS version, but I can not confirm. it is possible the 4A version could be part of it as a conditional compile.  If memory serves me correctly, c99 would compile itself.  Code for the libraries I think are also included.

Beery

C99-V400-SRC.zip 455.67 kB · 11 downloads

Thank you so much for releasing this. I wasn't aware, that the source code was not available in the wild.

• Like 1

It was available in the wild, just very few people probably even realized they had it.  Back in the 2003 timeframe, I made an effort to contact various authors of Geneve software to obtain source code to the programs I thought were very pertinent to the Geneve.  I knew I had conversed with Clint, but could not recall what he provided.  Fortunately, he provided the source code for everything.

I have no way to contact Clint, and since by now he would be in late 70's or early 80's, I really wonder if he is even around and still enjoying retirement, or not.

Beery

• Like 2

13 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Anyone knows where to get the source code to the C99 v4 compiler (or any other version) ?

So far I’ve come accross disks with the compiler package, but not its underlying source code.

Thanks     retroclouds

You should check with @F.G. Kaal. He uses C99 all the time and, I think, has extensively modified it or how he uses it or both. He has it on his website along with any of his changes.

...lee

• Thanks 1

Wow. (I'm just chiming in here, excuse me), Great to know.

I had started doing some C99 stuff years ago, ok, ions ago, but found forth readily available, and because of that I didn't pursue C-99. Next year or like 2022 I might take it up, unless I'm bogged down in forth by then.

Thx for that insight Lee ?

Now we just need that application setup somewhere for the public? Not sure how much he could/would allow. But something is better than nothing.

Edited by GDMike