IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey (1972) poster!

slydc

Hi folks,

After some great homebrews for the Magnavox Odyssey that was released this year during the pandemic, i had an idea to make a poster

for the Magnavox Odyssey since this console never had an official poster (just ads, flyers, etc), so i've made one which has all 28 "legacy"

released games.

XMASGIFT.PNG

You can download a copy here: http://odysim.blogspot.com/2020/12/merry-christmas-to-everyone.html

as the picture above is very small compared to the real file (39 Megs - 14400 x 9600).

Hope some of you will like it! ;)

P.S.: I call dibs on making the 50th anniversary poster for the Magnavox Odyssey (1972-2022) as i already started making one.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, stupus said:

Very cool!

There actually were a couple original posters included with the dealer display kit. But i dont think any ever the public could purchase. :)

Thanks! Dealer display kit ? Now i'm curious! Do you have picture(s) of the dealer display kit ?

1 hour ago, Mikebloke said:

Hopefully we can do some events in our respective countries in 2022! I would like to help out doing something in the UK if other people are interested. Might not have been huge here, but naturally all of us have been influenced in some way from the birth of the home video console. 

On that, i completely agree. We have the entire year (2021) to prepare and come up with all kind of events for the 50th anniversary of the Odyssey.

After all, this is the "Holy Grail" (the Big Bang) of all video game consoles. :)

6 hours ago, slydc said:

Thanks! Dealer display kit ? Now i'm curious! Do you have picture(s) of the dealer display kit ?

Yes, i own the only 1 left known to exist. I believe its because it was never used. Its still in the shipping carton to. Others were probably all discarded after being used for promotion.

I dont think i have pics handy but i can definitely get some when i get a chance :)

It came with a couple posters, a pennant banner string and a stack of flyers...possibly a couple other things.

• Like 2

Oh man! This is good stuffs and no one ever shown or talked about this (except you stupus!).

This should be photographed, scanned and cataloged for archival purposes. ;)

Does the banner looks like this ?

001.JPG

• Like 2

Wow, no never seen that 1! Where is that from?

I have some big ones like that which advertise magnavox from the time period but dont say odyssey.

The dealer kit stuff isnt as large as those and matches the colors and images more from the system.