IGNORED

Atari VCS exclusive titles.

litoskin

2 hours ago, litoskin said:

What are exclusive titles ONLY available for the new VCS system? What are already available in the store and what are expected to be released ? Could anyone here make a list ?

So far, as of 12/30/20:

Sir Lovelot

Thrustlander

Missile Command Recharged (VCS version supposedly now optimized for classic controller and features new artwork and modified gameplay)

That's it for originals thus far but apparently a few more are on the way. I believe Chaos Chasis (forthcoming) was also VCS exclusive but I may be wrong on that.

Edited by Atarick

Tony Barnes, an industry veteran, and Chaos Chassis developer, said it's specifically for the VCS.
I invited him to the game specific thread here, and he posted an update.

As to the list, Litoskin, perhaps you can add a table to your first post, and maintain that as a list?
- Guntech is a unqiue version for the VCS, supporting multi-player, using the classic controllers.
   That feature was added during development, and demonstrated with his kids, including spinner.
- I believe that the Atari Vault versions are meant to be VCS specific, tuned to the controllers.

• Like 1

The first two are timed exclusives, with Sir Lovelot available on Steam come March 3rd and Thrustlander available on July 31st, 2021

I had heard about Missile Command getting the "controller optimization" (aka button mapping), but not new art & gameplay. Any details on what changes/additions were made? Like a new title screen that mentions the VCS or something more significant than that?

Ah, looks like Chaos Chassis is. It would have been nice JC, if you would've mentioned the exclusivity in the original thread. That makes at least 1 game for the system, after it's been released. 

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 2

UPDATED with above info, thanks all:

So far, as of 12/31/20:

Sir Lovelot (exclusive to VCS until March 2021)

Thrustlander (exclusive to VCS until July 2021)

Chaos Chassis (coming in 2021)

Missile Command Recharged (VCS version supposedly now optimized for classic controller and features new artwork and modified gameplay)

The Sandbox (blockchain-based virtual world that has partnered with Atari with some limited character cameos and licensing, possibly to include a virtual hotel and bitcoin; likely not exclusive to VCS but sounds like a special edition of some kind; coming in 2021)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justclaws said:

- I believe that the Atari Vault versions are meant to be VCS specific, tuned to the controllers.

I'd argue it's a stretch to call Atari Vault an exclusive. Each deployment to a new platform of that collection had adjustments. Atari Flashback Classics on Nintendo Switch was uniquely altered to take best advantage of the Joy-Cons, has touch-screen trackballs, and a head-to-head mode for handheld mode. But Atari Flashback Classics also exists on PS4, Xbox One, and Vita, so I wouldn't call that a Switch-exclusive title. Would the Steam version also be called a Steam-exclusive because it has online multiplayer and the VCS version does not? The game isn't exclusive, but it does have platform-exclusive features, a subtle but important distinction IMHO.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2020 at 2:37 PM, Atarick said:

UPDATED with above info, thanks all:

So far, as of 12/31/20:

Sir Lovelot (exclusive to VCS until March 2021)

The Sandbox (blockchain-based virtual world that has partnered with Atari with some limited character cameos and licensing, possibly to include a virtual hotel and bitcoin; likely not exclusive to VCS but sounds like a special edition of some kind; coming in 2021)

Updated as of 1/7;

Sir Lovelot (exclusive to VCS until March 2021)

Boulder Dash Deluxe (New version of classic port optimized for VCS; expected Q2 of 2021)

Guntech (VCS version includes multiplayer option, additional levels, enhanced graphics, and gameplay options for VCS classic controller)

• 1 year later...