IGNORED

Play RED and win a unique LYNX cartridge

LordKraken

Hello everyone!

To celebrate the end of the year (and there are reasons to be happy this year in particular), we have decided not only to release a special edition of RED, but also to organize a small competition to give you a chance to win a unique edition of the alpha version of RED on a physical cartridge! 

zmjfHM.png

This alpha version will never be released elsewhere, not even digitally..

So how does this competition work?

Well it's fairly simple: Download RED - Green Edition from this devlog post or the main itch.io page and play it on your Lynx or in your favourite emulator. Finish the game: The goal is to finish with as least deaths as possible. This version has 24 levels only but you will die a lot eventually. Note that compared to the jam, this GREEN version features slightly modified graphics, bug fixes, and faster loading/transition between levels.

1tFkf4.png    knkXTm.png

Winner

Once you are satisfied with a run, report your final score along with the validation code to this thread on AtariAge. Note that you can update your entry if needed. The winner will be the player with the least amount of deaths. In case of identical scores, the first poster will be the winner. 

RWKq4s.png

End of the competition

The competition ends on Sunday, the 17th of January, Pacific Time. I will reach out to the winner and send him the latest version of RED, on a physical cartridge with a certificate of authenticity.

Enjoy and a Happy New Year!

Alex

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 9

I want to suggest two  possible changes to the final version of the game:

- add a hard mode with one or more tiles in every level that, if you walk on one of them, make the blades increase their speed for that level

- add a crazy mode where if you die after taking the key, you lose it

27 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

16... WHAT??? this is insane :)

Are you playing on emulator or the console?

I'm playing on the online emulator and on my Freeplay CM3 (but the best scores are with the online emulator).

My son can't play with the keyboard arrow keys so he is playing on my RPI3 with a PS3 joy. Using the joy the game isn't easier (I tried with bad results) but my son is a Playstation addicted and can control it very well.

My best score at the moment is: 

DEATHS 20

VALIDATION 3162

Very close to my son, but I can't make better than this for the moment.

Edited by Nop90

4 hours ago, unoclay said:

Damn i had this page bookmarked/open in a browser and hadnt seen all the updated scores.  Came in here thinking my 41 deaths (validation 4464) would be a good score but wow, forgetaboutit!!

Don't give up, when I made 41 I thought it was a great score, but it can be beated easily once you know the game.

If you scored 41 you should know all the safe points for most of the levels and most of the deaths should be in levels 22 and 23. Calm down before starting to play, try to reach level 22 with only 2 deaths and cross the fingers in that two crazy levels.

Competition is still open.