IGNORED

Montezuma's Revenge 2021 48k Atari version by original Designer / Programmer Robert Jaeger

abbotkinneydude

maxresdefault.jpg

Montezuma's Revenge 48k Atari version "Director's Cut" teaser (YouTube Teaser Video)

This just came out an hour ago.

Robert Jaeger is enhancing the original Montezuma's Revenge with a full 48Ko version.

In addition of the YouTube teaser video, there's also some information on the official Montezuma's Revenge facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/MontezumasRevengeGame/

Edited by abbotkinneydude
Screenshot
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

That's incredible news and while many of us are back to Atari for years (almost 2 decades for me), it's really cool the current popularity of retro-computing makes original authors coming back to Atari and other computers they worked on back in the day.

I can't wait to have the mystery of Montezuma's Revenge ending solved!

It would also be very interesting to compare upcoming 2021 version with the one from alternate reality, where Robert Jaeger finished it in his teenage years ;)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Great news!

But the post-its like that on bottom-left corner don't help here.

Can anyone talk to his beloved one to care about dog herself instead, as here's history just about to be made. Thanks. :D 

Edited by miker
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...
18 hours ago, mikesk8 said:

Are there maybe any news on the progress or release date? :)

This was posted in June on the Facebook page:

Retro Cartridge update:

Atari "Director's Cut": This will be the completion of the 48k 1983 version in my vision. I'm personally working on the Director's Cut Boss challenges along with other new features right now. These features will first be seen on the Atari 800 cartridge but will make it to the cross-platform version. We'd be interested in hearing from publishers who might be interested in this product too. I'll share some more media on this soon.
Please feel free to DM here or email support@normaldistribution.com -Thanks!
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Very cool!

Interesting “six degrees of separation”, I know of Robert from his game Chomper, which he was promoting / selling at our Atari User Group meetings (JACG).

Found out he lived very close to me too.  Virtual neighbors and about the same age, I was a little envious of him back in the day!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cx2k said:

Yes, look at this home page. I spoke with Rob and he said Atari version is next. You can even sign up for updates.

https://normaldistribution.com/retro-cartridges/

Indeed ;-) However, I have not received any email, from this newsletter, since I joined in the beginning of 2021. This was the reason of asking :)