IGNORED

Carrot Kingdom™ - Physical Production on Kickstarter

Jinroh

2 hours ago, AtariBrian said:

In comparison to all original and homebrew Atari 2600 carts the front label is upside down. Just an observation. ?

Good catch! It always drove me crazy when I put cartridges up so you could see the top label and the front and the front label was upside down so that was my personal aesthetic choice for displaying the carts. :D

So glad everyone is enjoying their games! It feels good for 5 years or long nights to come to fruition. I survived a serious stroke 9 days after the Kickstarter launched, and was hospitalized for a while. I was paralyzed for a while and lost one of my eyes. :( Relying on everyone else to do the physical work did not make things easier to get the games out, but it turned out great!

Corey at @8bitclassics manufactured the PCBs and has been a phenomenal help. Not to mention a great guy.

Thank you again everyone for your support. ❤️ Much love!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jinroh said:

Good catch! It always drove me crazy when I put cartridges up so you could see the top label and the front and the front label was upside down so that was my personal aesthetic choice for displaying the carts. :D

So glad everyone is enjoying their games! It feels good for 5 years or long nights to come to fruition. I survived a serious stroke 9 days after the Kickstarter launched, and was hospitalized for a while. I was paralyzed for a while and lost one of my eyes. :( Relying on everyone else to do the physical work did not make things easier to get the games out, but it turned out great!

Corey at @8bitclassics manufactured the PCBs and has been a phenomenal help. Not to mention a great guy.

Thank you again everyone for your support. ❤️ Much love!

Hah! It is apparently out in my mailbox. Arrived an hour ago!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mhodgeshvs said:

Is it too late to get a copy? 

Sorry my friend, they are all out at the moment, but later, there will be another batch from the remaining materials. ❤️

32 minutes ago, Swami said:

Hah! It is apparently out in my mailbox. Arrived an hour ago!

Awesome hope you have fun! :D

Edited by Jinroh

4 minutes ago, mhodgeshvs said:

You mentioned a ROM in the description, is one available besides the 2017 demo for sale or otherwise in the mean time?

Thanks again!

Sorry my friend, the 2017 ROM was the only digital binary version released.

The final version is much more polished than that old demo, things like, Music during levels, Jinny has an invincible flashing state when hit, ability to use Sega Genesis controllers, 3 boss battles, the fast paced lava surfing section, story bits told during different parts of the game, 2 difficulty modes, some really great animations especially for Chocolat and Jinny. I really crammed everything I could into 32K. ?

Glad you liked the original demo, this is a ton better than that. ?

Edited by Jinroh
Invincible not Invisible flashing state. x3

31 minutes ago, Jinroh said:

The final version is much more polished than that old demo, things like, Music during levels, Jinny has an invincible flashing state when hit, ability to use Sega Genesis controllers, 3 boss battles, the fast paced lava surfing section, story bits told during different parts of the game, 2 difficulty modes, some really great animations especially for Chocolat and Jinny. I really crammed everything I could into 32K. ?

Glad you liked the original demo, this is a ton better than that. ?

Well I can’t wait for the next batch to come out!  Thank you for taking the time to point all that out :) 

31 minutes ago, mhodgeshvs said:

Well I can’t wait for the next batch to come out!  Thank you for taking the time to point all that out :) 

No problem. :) Glad it is on your radar. ❤️

2 minutes ago, mhodgeshvs said:

Last question, promise; any idea roughly when you might have the next batch available? ?

I can't say 100% for sure, though maybe later this summer. The stroke really slowed me down, it's contingent on getting everyone who helped me coordinated, since I can't do the assembly myself.

1 minute ago, Jinroh said:

No problem. :) Glad it is on your radar. ❤️

I can't say 100% for sure, though maybe later this summer. The stroke really slowed me down, it's contingent on getting everyone who helped me coordinated, since I can't do the assembly myself.

I was just reading about that! I’m so sorry to hear, I hope you are recovering well. And you recover as fully as possible.

Thank you for all the info, I’ll stay tuned to this thread in hopes it comes soon. If you end up with a spare cart at any point do hit me up, I’ll buy it from you on the spot ?

All the best! 

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Jinroh said:

I survived a serious stroke 9 days after the Kickstarter launched, and was hospitalized for a while. I was paralyzed for a while and lost one of my eyes. :( Relying on everyone else to do the physical work did not make things easier to get the games out, but it turned out great!

I was curious about what happened with the development of this game. I just read through this whole thread in one sitting. Thanks for explaining and answering the questions queried about the production, etc. Some of us have been burned in the past, so can be skeptical but it appears that you have made good on your promises! ?

I wish you a speedy recovery/adjustment period. How is your eyesight now? Can you still write code, etc.?

I empathize with your situation as I lost 75% of my hearing in my left ear and a bit in my right ear as well, as a child. It can be a struggle on some days. ?

If you do a 2nd production of this game, I'm interested in getting a cart, etc. Good luck and best wishes! ?

Thank you for the well wishes. :) My vision will remain impaired unfortunately, by the time the doctors figured out what was going on the window to save what sight I lost, had passed. ?

Sorry to hear about your ear as well. That must have been very trying as a child. :(

There is an e-mail sign up on http://carrotkingdom.net to get notified of the next batch.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:58 PM, Gateway said:

I wish you a speedy recovery/adjustment period. How is your eyesight now? Can you still write code, etc.?

I empathize with your situation as I lost 75% of my hearing in my left ear and a bit in my right ear as well, as a child. It can be a struggle on some days. ?

I am also challenged when it comes to hearing. But I refuse to consider this a disability; it is what it is. My viewpoint is that there are others in far worse shape, and I'm lucky to have the capabilities I do. Soldier on!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing all the Carrot Kingdom on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

On 3/20/2023 at 11:16 PM, dwh said:

I subscribed for the email notice even though I have bought a numbered copy off of Evil bay...

I hope they did not fleecing you on eBay.

There will be 20 more I think, that will use up the last of the materials. Still in a good wrapped box, with nice manual, etc. just no the individual number. I can't physically put them together, so whenever helpers can do the time to finish them. That is when the rest can be available. 😅

59 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing all the Carrot Kingdom on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

1442588838_20230403-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.f366f1fe77125ae009454ab03651a19f.jpg

Very great, I hope you have fun. I will stay tune! 

• Like 1