IGNORED

TI-99/4A - Show your modded systems here

Schmitzi

6 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Tinkering for some more fresh air for the PFM Geneve.

IMG_4941.thumb.JPG.40eb61eadfa1cd6c50f437e0b7bd388d.JPG

IMG_4931.thumb.JPG.350c3fb5ab566543509739ad508150fd.JPG

IMG_4943.thumb.JPG.f8448c5301d344028a796ebb67dfd169.JPG

Schmitzi, do you have the 384k PFM+ mod? If so can you possibly get a sharper shot of the backside of the Geneve, it may help me to repair mine, as I'd had a wire or two, in the past break loose and when I tried to locate the positions that they were in, may have soldered them to the wrong points. my PFM Geneve just hangs at the initial screen. If any other fellow PFM+ owners could,maybe you would share your Geneve backside, may have been more than one way it wad done. thanks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Schmitzi, do you have the 384k PFM+ mod? If so can you possibly get a sharper shot of the backside of the Geneve, it may help me to repair mine, as I'd had a wire or two, in the past break loose and when I tried to locate the positions that they were in, may have soldered them to the wrong points. my PFM Geneve just hangs at the initial screen. If any other fellow PFM+ owners could,maybe you would share your Geneve backside, may have been more than one way it wad done. thanks.

Just FYI, @shift838 did a superb job fixing mine, it had numerous bad chips...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GDMike said:

Just FYI, @shift838 did a superb job fixing mine, it had numerous bad chips...

Understood, this is just misplaced wires and I do fix my stuff, as I can. Repairing a Corcomp Ramdisk and almost have my 2 Horizon 4000b's done. Just need wire routes.Not easy to find as there are no schematics out there for the PFM mods.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Well Schmitzi's card from his photos look the same as mine on the front, so is he has the same pfm on his Geneve, if I can get a closet look at his wires on the back, may help me to repair mine.

Mine is still in the recovery room, but I should have it next week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Hi,

yes, is the 384K one from Barry:

2014-12-22-Geneve-Specs-RMS.thumb.JPG.67314f4c7b3ad32262b9cd7044f2b6a9.JPG

Here some older pics, just let me know if you need more detailed:

Myarc-Geneve9640-STD-RMS-18.thumb.JPG.279b702de0ab4f3b442908152db93ca1.JPG

Myarc-Geneve9640-STD-RMS-19.thumb.JPG.e6b84da0d3eb32a1705169bcec858b30.JPG

Myarc-Geneve9640-STD-RMS-20.thumb.JPG.47699bc76073268254ccaece768619b3.JPG

Myarc-Geneve9640-STD-RMS-13.thumb.JPG.93a40e823d7c40117233bcca91313b56.JPG

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

Hi,

yes, is the 384K one from Barry:

2014-12-22-Geneve-Specs-RMS.thumb.JPG.67314f4c7b3ad32262b9cd7044f2b6a9.JPG

Here some older pics, just let me know if you need more detailed:

Just a good view of the back, of the card as it is shown in post #25. I just need a closer, sharper, more focused image of the backside to see where the wires are routed and soldered. Thanks for your help and time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Just a good view of the back, of the card as it is shown in post #25. I just need a closer, sharper, more focused image of the backside to see where the wires are routed and soldered. Thanks for your help and time.

uuuuh yes I confused the pictures of the PFM (frontside) and the standard (backside-pics) .... OMG

one moment, I´ll make new pics

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

@RickyDean  and on @fabrice montupet´s homepage you can find detailed informations about all mods:

http://www.ti99.com/geneve/index.php

Thanks Schmitzi. I guess the next question would be for the InsaneOne.  @InsaneMultitasker

Would the wiring for each specific mod 384k PFM, 512K PFM, have been performed the same way. All wires soldered for the 384k PFM, for example, the same. There would be no variation of connection points would there?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Thanks Schmitzi. I guess the next question would be for the InsaneOne.  @InsaneMultitasker

Would the wiring for each specific mod 384k PFM, 512K PFM, have been performed the same way. All wires soldered for the 384k PFM, for example, the same. There would be no variation of connection points would there?

No.  There are multiple variations of both the memory upgrade and PFM upgrade.  While the two were often installed together, the owner determined whether to do so.  Wire management wasn't considered all that important at the time; @fabrice montupet would have been a great influence back then.

There is the BOOT ROM upgrade (deprecated, rarely seen), the PFM, PFM+, and PFM512.  The 384K upgrade was performed using 3x128K chips and later the 512K chip that Fabrice documented. 

Throw some pictures front/back of your card and the flying wires over in the Myarc repair topic.

• Like 1

I find it very interesting to see your modifications, folks. However, I would find it even better if you would write a few lines about it.

What exactly do we see for hardware?

What is the purpose of the modification?

How does the system look in operation?

For example, I ask myself that right from the first post. Where is the keyboard left?

So a little more detailed reports gentlemen. ;-)

Cheers

Sid1968

Edited by Sid1968
  • Like 1