Sign in to follow this  
TeddyBear89

AC Adapter

Greetings all,

What is this adapter for?  The input on the left looks like it is meant for a 3.5 mm jack - but why?

I am going through a box of electronics junk and came across this plug.  It doesn't appear to be a homemade rigging but I am not that well-versed in Odyssey 2 stuff.

AC Adapter.jpg

To expand on my inquiry, I know that this is for powering an Odyssey 2 but the two I own have no place for what appears to be a 3.5 mm jack.  It can't be for The Voice either so I am a little confused on what it could be used for.

I just don't want to be made fun of.

Thank you for the response.  If I had performed my due diligence prior I would have discovered the Odyssey does indeed have two different power port designs.  I have been using a NES adapter for my O2.

My O2 (from ebay) came with one, my best guess is it was made as an universal replacement. 

i have one also .. there are two models of O2:  one with wired joysticks and one with detatchable controllers.  one uses one power plug and one uses the other plug.

My guess is that they decided to avoid disappointment with customers getting the wrong PS so they made it for both.