IGNORED

Jason Kelk Update

snicklin

He was an active member here and has produced demos and games for many platforms, predominantly the C64 as that was his original platform.

https://demozoo.org/sceners/16354/

Yes, his username here is TMR. I have met him at a couple of UK computer shows before I moved to Australia. He is a regular attender at many shows all across the UK.

All the best Jase, we are all rooting for you. 

• Like 2

@bfollowell

Jason coded and usually also created graphics for some demos, intros and games for Atari 8-bit, for example:

"Reaxion" game (2005):

"Callisto" game (2012):

"Battle Eagle" game (2013):

"15 Shades of Grey" demo (2014):

What's more important, he ran the homebrew column in "Retro Gamer" magazine, I think he was the only person there who wrote about modern homebrews for retro computers. Does this column still exists? It didn't exist in June for sure, as @Wrathchild wrote: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/307853-have-just-read-in-june-2020s-retro-gamer-magazine/

I keep my fingers crossed for you, Jason, all the best.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, +Adam+ said:

I keep my fingers crossed for you, Jason, all the best.

Yes, and for all those suffering with this, or any other illness. While this particular virus has a very high survival rate, those are just numbers and they mean absolutely nothing to those that are really suffering from it. Right in my own department of about of about fifty people, we've had at least ten that have come down with it. All but one has batted it off like King Kong with a biplane, but one was on a ventilator for weeks and suffered a stroke. He was within a couple of years of retirement and I don't think he'll ever return to work. My heartfelt best wishes go out to anyone suffering from this.

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 2

Prayers and thoughts are with him. God bless and heal him.

6 hours ago, bfollowell said:

but one was on a ventilator for weeks and suffered a stroke.

As I understand it, the ventilators are causing deaths. Autopsies weren't allowed at first but after some where done, cause of death was attributed to large blood clots in the lungs probably caused by the ventilator, iirc.

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 2

I wasn't aware of the article but knew the circumstances but was asked to not spread the story by another friend of Jason's, Jason although it does not mention it also suffered a cardiac arrest because he knocked the vent tube out..

As the story is now out it makes no odds to talk about it.

As some know me and Jason worked for the same company and as fellow C64ers and Atarians got on well, its awful to see me old pal like this but you were not allowed to visit and going all the way up to there was not possible. He is doing better now but because of the weight loss and muscle loss I can't imagine he will be home soon.

Get well me old mate..

Paul..

• Like 2

Such a sad story, I hope he makes some sort of recovery.

A nurse friend of mine that has climed the greasy pole of management has been volunteering on Covid wards over Xmas. She did 13 hours last night with no break, wards are full and its worse than the first wave by a long shot.

This is real, stay safe 

Sadly there's so many people making it worse, people like my idiot neighbours, she's a wannabe socialite and goes around to people's houses all the time and invites them here, no masks ever, her dumb husband is a food delivery bloke, no masks ever even when he's working and bringing the food about, it seems they both believe they are above it all. It's probably down to them how we caught it.

The KFC he delivers from don't care, as long as the food arrives he can do as they like....So many breaking all the rules without a care..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Sadly there's so many people making it worse, people like my idiot neighbours, she's a wannabe socialite and goes around to people's houses all the time and invites them here, no masks ever, her dumb husband is a food delivery bloke, no masks ever even when he's working and bringing the food about, it seems they both believe they are above it all. It's probably down to them how we caught it.

The KFC he delivers from don't care, as long as the food arrives he can do as they like....So many breaking all the rules without a care..

I thought Idiots are German specifics.... when looking around tje country...

35 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

No, I assure you that we have them too...They pop up when you least need them to.. :)

We have them here in 'Merica too. Plenty of them. "I'm 'Merican, you can't tell me what to do!" I'm all for the individual freedom, can do, don't take any B.S. attitude and all, but then there's just stupid. Wear your masks, wash your darned hands and use hand sanitizer, and stay home as much as you can. How hard is that?

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

My extended family has been lucky, thankfully, with no cases of Covid yet (as I knock on wood), but my mother has lost several of her friends. One of them went to the hospital for a totally unrelated and non-life threatening reason and caught Covid there and died. My sister knew a 30 something delivery driver in Texas that caught it last summer and died. But we also know people that caught it and had only minor symptoms and are fine now.

I see more and more people wearing masks in public now, but still plenty that don't, and some stores and gas stations, even though they have mask required signs and in some areas it's supposed to be mandatory, but they don't say anything if people walk in still without masks. Of course I live in the heart of red-neck country, with a lot of poor and ignorant people.

Edited by Gunstar

3 hours ago, bfollowell said:

We have them here in 'Merica too. Plenty of them. "I'm 'Merican, you can't tell me what to do!" I'm all for the individual freedom, can do, don't take any B.S. attitude and all, but then there's just stupid. Wear your masks, wash your darned hands and use hand sanitizer, and stay home as much as you can. How hard is that?

Exactly, if we really want every one to wear a mask and get vaccinated here in the US, then there needs to be government restrictions limiting who can and who can't wear a mask or get vaccinated.  Then watch how quickly all those same "rebellious" idiots insist on exercising their right to wear a mask and start demanding their vaccine! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Have to agree, I was lucky, my COVID was almost like I didn't have it but its left a mark on me where it comes to doing any sort of exercise...

I just almost weep as I wander down the road watching all these people with no maks, not social distancing in the slightest, its like a game, maybe people will see poor jason's story and wake the hell up and see its no joke!

You have arseholes all over the globe. Yesterday afternoon a Dutch rapper called Boef ("Crook") did a sneaky open-air gig. He mannaged to do it, because it was reported beforehand to the authorities as a protest against the lockdown. There were so many people that the police decided it was riskier to break it up than to let it continue. No social distancing at all.

Last night, 2500 people from all over France and several foreigners gathered in an abandoned warehouse in Lieuron. Population: 784. Police force? Almost non-existing, obviously. The crowd was hostile against the few gendarmes that were there. At 5am they were still partying.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

maybe people will see poor jason's story and wake the hell up and see its no joke!

I hope so. I know of a 70+ couple that were very lax until just a few days ago. But now the whole family of the sister of one of them is infected. One daughter (the other is spared by pure luck), both husbands in law and both grandchildren. That sister and her husband (i.e. the grandpa and grandma) are waiting for the results of a COVID test. They had all celebrated christmas together. But it's exemplary that after they took the test, they went to the supermarket. Both. Together. *shakes head*

But at least it awoke the aformentioned 70+ couple. They are more careful from now on.

Edited by ivop

ok.... so in Netherland's same as in France as in... let's face it... EU and other western countries... except maybe Asian countries but that's maybe their mentality... (social distancing in general excep Karaoke bars...)

I read about the french rave party but haven't about the rapper... I bet it's because we are in it now for 1 year and it sux as its against our social human nature... but it is no hoax and simple fact... if we all would keep the rules as much as we all can... maybe we would be faster through all that shit til everybody has got the vaccine... but if you don't believe in the virus and because it's kind of gates chip 5g implemnted deep state fuckery story bla bla... you don't even take the vaccine... hard times... and not to forget Big D's "it will go away" bullsh!t... what does 'merica facing today? highest infection and death toll numbers? I yeah. forgot. it's a hoax.

Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 2