IGNORED

Jason Kelk Update

snicklin

Yeah I know, do these people even bother thinking about what they are doing to see if it makes sense. The folk who protest about privacy, I bet they drive, have a doctor, have been to hospital, applied for loans, been arrested etc etc etc...There is no privacy in the way you demand, in most cases you happily handed over the information possibly to get money or help which you were happy to do, irony.....

But back moving away from a political chat breaking out, I believe the R number is .7 but the cases are rising almost exponentially, when will the 20 somethings listen, when it starts actually killing them instead of them just being carriers and passers on?

And if that happens you watch the uproar about not being treated properly...I wish I could post Jason's case all over social media just in the hope that they would care but its only if it attacks them that they will care..Shocking..

Get well me old mate Jase, you don't deserve this nor does your family...Still, even when utterly at the mercy of this thing you still tried to smile in the photo..A true fighter...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heaven/TQA said:

but haven't about the rapper...

I was wrong, it was rapper Jebroer ("Yourbrother"), not Boef. Here's a clip: https://www.nu.nl/285213/video/dansende-menigte-bij-concert-van-jebroer-in-duindorp.html

Edit: The French rave has been terminated this morning. Really, this(!) morning, at 7am.

Edited by ivop

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Yeah I know, do these people even bother thinking about what they are doing to see if it makes sense. The folk who protest about privacy, I bet they drive, have a doctor, have been to hospital, applied for loans, been arrested etc etc etc...There is no privacy in the way you demand, in most cases you happily handed over the information possibly to get money or help which you were happy to do, irony.....

But back moving away from a political chat breaking out, I believe the R number is .7 but the cases are rising almost exponentially, when will the 20 somethings listen, when it starts actually killing them instead of them just being carriers and passers on?

And if that happens you watch the uproar about not being treated properly...I wish I could post Jason's case all over social media just in the hope that they would care but its only if it attacks them that they will care..Shocking..

Get well me old mate Jase, you don't deserve this nor does your family...Still, even when utterly at the mercy of this thing you still tried to smile in the photo..A true fighter...

My last 2 cents regarding vaccines.. people won’t do that but let their pets get one... i really don’t get this illogical “red is blue” fact lovers.

15 minutes ago, Heaven/TQA said:

My last 2 cents regarding vaccines.. people won’t do that but let their pets get one... i really don’t get this illogical “red is blue” fact lovers.

Sadly true...In the end I'm not a medical expert so I rely on them to give me the right advice, let's imagine I made all my decisions based on what a particular group thinks who have no medical proof or what I find on the internet, I'd be very ill and probably dead quite quickly. If I believed every utterance from people like David Icke etc I'd never leave the house. I use common sense, is there a disease killing people off, yes, is it affecting people of my age and older, yes, has the vaccine been classed a magic heal, no, its been classed as 95 97% effective in helping. Am I being sold a dud by our government, unlikely but I'd rather listen to medical people and hedge my bets with their advice.

I have a choice as do the anti vac people, I know what my choice will be...And the sooner the better...But even more important, the sooner that Jason can get this unless there's a reason not to get it, the better..

4 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

But even more important, the sooner that Jason can get this unless there's a reason not to get it, the better..

I don't think you can be vaccinated if you are already ill. Nevertheless, let's hope he recovers without too many lasting effects! After that, he could get vaccinated. It appears that immunity by disease is shorter than immunity by vaccin. Not 100% validated yet, though. Indeed, if Jason reads this forum, I don't know him, but wish him all the best!

Edited by ivop

21 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

On the off chance Jason / TMR is still checking these forums now and then, I hope you can recover as well as possible soon and get to go home, TMR!  I appreciated reading your homebrew articles and reviews over the years. 

I don't think he is as there's no blog update but hopefully he is but isn't up to all that at the moment. I know his wife has done a crowd funding to get a big TV for him which seems to suggest he's not coming out anytime soon, she also did a similar thing to get a proper supply of phones for all on the ward he's on.

• Like 1

Just now, ivop said:

I don't think you can be vaccinated if you are already ill. Nevertheless, let's hope he recovers without too many lasting effects! After that, he could get vaccinated. It appears that immunity by dicease is shorter than immunity by vaccin. Not 100% validated yet, though. Indeed, if Jason reads this forum, I don't know him, but wish him all the best!

I wasn't sure if you could be vaccinated while ill hence the unless part, I hope he gets to the point where he can be asap, I suspect he's wanting to climb the walls in there and who could blame him...Back in your own bed is the best recuperation he could get but only when its safe for him. The NHS heroes will look after him....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

hence the unless part

Sorry, I misinterpretted that.

Update on the aforementioned family that got together at christmas, grandpa and grandma are possitive, too. So that's 7 out of 8. The 8th one was actually the first to be tested, because she had a cold. Tested negative twice (with five days in between). She was lucky.

@Heaven/TQA yeah, 9 months is incomprehensible...

The Daily Mail article was written based on an article in a local paper.  The original Yorkshire Evening Post interview with a bit more detail...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/health/coronavirus/leeds-man-one-uks-longest-covid-patients-intensive-care-after-being-admitted-around-same-time-kate-garraways-husband-derek-draper-3069420

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

I posted in the off-topic thread a couple of minutes ago, but I suppose it is worth repeating here:

Update: Jason might be able to come home soon. There is a crowdfunding campaign for those who have the means to help a fellow retro games developer and more.

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2021-04-15/covid-uks-longest-covid-patient-speaks-to-itv-news-from-hospital-bed

Crowdfunding: https://www.gofundme.com/f/h4hs8t-help-jason-get-home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Geezus...

I've got type 2 diabetes and I'm about the same age. Thank Gawd my state Government went into full lockdown for about two months while all the Karen's of the region whined something about our state politician being a dictator and disregarding their basic human rights due to the fact they're the 'healthy people'...

I wish anyone affected by an outbreak of the likes I never thought I'd never see in my lifetime a speedy, non damaging recovery, and I praise any politician listening to their inner conscience and prioritizing human lives over money.

I believe anyone throwing around the term 'dictator' really needs to grasp the concept that if the individual in question was a dictator, they'd be in front of a firing squad simply for mentioning the term in it's context. An individual doing their best to save human lives is the polar opposite to a dictator.

• Like 4

It just shows how little people value life, they would rather party and get drunk / high than actually care about living...Sadly the "we do what we like" attitude is rife in the world. As for dictators, totally agree, again words used without the understanding of them but then again anyone in power is going to get it either way, if they do a lockdown then the human rights people start screaming and the people missing out on the pub etc start going nuts but if the person in charge lets people have an easier time then the deaths rise and the very same people start screaming that the system isn't caring for them and putting them at risk.

Can't win...

Common sense has gone out the window...

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

It just shows how little people value life, they would rather party and get drunk / high than actually care about living...Sadly the "we do what we like" attitude is rife in the world. As for dictators, totally agree, again words used without the understanding of them but then again anyone in power is going to get it either way, if they do a lockdown then the human rights people start screaming and the people missing out on the pub etc start going nuts but if the person in charge lets people have an easier time then the deaths rise and the very same people start screaming that the system isn't caring for them and putting them at risk.

Can't win...

Common sense has gone out the window...

Sometimes I really do wonder whether part of my love for retro computing is an unwavering desire to go back to that time, a time when the world seemed normal and just. This society we live in now, I admit, I don't really like it. I look around and all I see is greed and out of control consumerism.

I dunno...Perhaps I'm just a glass half empty sorta person. I like to think that I'm a realist.

Yes, I've had the same thought as I suspect a lot of us have, was it really better back then, it feels so but I'm sure its rose tinted too.

What I do know is that my old mate Jason would have rather it turned out very different than it has....Life changing.....

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

they would rather party and get drunk / high than actually care about living.

Yep, these same people that will happily snort a load of white powder with God knows what in it won't have a vaccine because it's "untested"

• Like 1