IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2021

Pixelboy

Hello.

I have 2 questions regarding the homebrew and SGM compatible game list :

- Since, if I understood well, there is a lack of cartridge shell that limits the number of actual titles that can be sold, would it be possible to sell titles as dematerialized software (in other words sell the .ROM and provide a link to PDF to get user manual and overlays) ?

- I thought (or was misinformed) there is a SGM version of Donkey Kong, is it true or not (or maybe announced but never release) ?

42 minutes ago, JihemB said:

- Since, if I understood well, there is a lack of cartridge shell that limits the number of actual titles that can be sold, would it be possible to sell titles as dematerialized software (in other words sell the .ROM and provide a link to PDF to get user manual and overlays) ?

From your post count, it seems you're kinda new here, so a belated welcome. Most of my released titles are already available in ROM format. Just do a search on the forums using the keywords "Team Pixelboy News Bulletin" and look for bulletins dated December 25th, from 2013 to 2020. As far as manuals are concerned, I think it would be a flagrant turnaround on the main announcement made in first post of this thread if I started releasing PDFs of my manuals.

42 minutes ago, JihemB said:

I thought (or was misinformed) there is a SGM version of Donkey Kong, is it true or not (or maybe announced but never release)

Team Pixelboy should not to be confused with Opcode Games. They are completely distinct entities.

Edited by Pixelboy

HI Pixelboy.

From your post count, it seems you're kinda new here, so a belated welcome.

You actually gave me a link to this thread in a email after I requested how to order some times from your website :-). Thanks.

I indeed have an AtariAge account for a while but do not post regulary...

Most of my released titles are already available in ROM format. Just do a search on the forums using the keywords "Team Pixelboy News Bulletin" 

I already did and downloaded some titles... for free. So I think I could pay for a title or two (or make a donation ?) since other customers paid for their cartridge.

Team Pixelboy should not to be confused with Opcode Games. They are completely distinct entities.

It seems there is a hidden message here that says me to look at another place :-). Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for your beautilfull releases.

BTW : I live in France so I have a Colecovision console with a scart video cable (most certainly RGB) so I can better enjoy those beautifull games, SGM compliant or not ?

JihemB

Edited by JihemB
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dominic Giordano Jr said:

Still interested in the asteroids game and Controller and star castle how can I order and do you have a direct link I always seem to miss your products and do you have a picture or link that I can see the controller thanks

I'm sorry to say that the pre-order period for the Asteroids Controller is long past. Also, I've reached my limit of pre-orders for the Asteroids game. But anyhow, you can see pictures of the controller here:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dominic Giordano Jr said:

Ok thanks definitely want star castle please let me know how and when I can get it so I don’t miss it and should you come across any xtra asteroids controller or games I be very interested  thanks

Star Castle will likely be released on Christmas Day 2021. That's the plan for now anyhow.

To pre-order a copy, just send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com.

Small update for those who are interested: After giving it some thought, I've decided to drop the Armor Attack project. I think I have enough on my plate for the remainder of the year without adding a new last-minute project to it.

If anyone out there wants to make his own version of Armor Attack, you'll get no objections from me.  :) 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/31/2020 at 11:44 PM, Pixelboy said:

AtariAge Store:

• The Black Onyx
  • Boxxle
  • Arcomage (SGM)
  • Jewel Panic

It should also be noted that, out of respect for the new "owners" of these games, I will not be releasing the ROMs next Christmas for Arcomage and Jewel Panic.

A necro-bump!!!

Seeing as AtariAge will probably never do anything with these games, even for purchase as a rom image download, is there any hope that these can be switched to another CV publisher or the roms for Acromage and Jewel Panic made available?

6 hours ago, NIAD said:

Seeing as AtariAge will probably never do anything with these games, even for purchase as a rom image download, is there any hope that these can be switched to another CV publisher or the roms for Acromage and Jewel Panic made available?

That's going to be difficult, because Albert is the only guy (as far as I know) who can produce new Activision PCBs, or rather, an alternate version of that PCB which is compatible with regular Coleco cartridge shells.

At this point, I think Albert should chime in...  :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

That's going to be difficult…

All the more reason to release the Kraken… err rom image for a small sum or free. Both games aren’t the types of games that are highly sought after so a physical cart/CIB offering just isn’t worth it and a rom purchase wouldn’t generate much unless priced right for those that like to have everything.