Pixelboy

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2021

Hello.

I have 2 questions regarding the homebrew and SGM compatible game list :

- Since, if I understood well, there is a lack of cartridge shell that limits the number of actual titles that can be sold, would it be possible to sell titles as dematerialized software (in other words sell the .ROM and provide a link to PDF to get user manual and overlays) ?

- I thought (or was misinformed) there is a SGM version of Donkey Kong, is it true or not (or maybe announced but never release) ?

42 minutes ago, JihemB said:

- Since, if I understood well, there is a lack of cartridge shell that limits the number of actual titles that can be sold, would it be possible to sell titles as dematerialized software (in other words sell the .ROM and provide a link to PDF to get user manual and overlays) ?

From your post count, it seems you're kinda new here, so a belated welcome. Most of my released titles are already available in ROM format. Just do a search on the forums using the keywords "Team Pixelboy News Bulletin" and look for bulletins dated December 25th, from 2013 to 2020. As far as manuals are concerned, I think it would be a flagrant turnaround on the main announcement made in first post of this thread if I started releasing PDFs of my manuals.

42 minutes ago, JihemB said:

I thought (or was misinformed) there is a SGM version of Donkey Kong, is it true or not (or maybe announced but never release)

Team Pixelboy should not to be confused with Opcode Games. They are completely distinct entities.

Edited by Pixelboy

HI Pixelboy.

From your post count, it seems you're kinda new here, so a belated welcome.

You actually gave me a link to this thread in a email after I requested how to order some times from your website :-). Thanks.

I indeed have an AtariAge account for a while but do not post regulary...

Most of my released titles are already available in ROM format. Just do a search on the forums using the keywords "Team Pixelboy News Bulletin" 

I already did and downloaded some titles... for free. So I think I could pay for a title or two (or make a donation ?) since other customers paid for their cartridge.

Team Pixelboy should not to be confused with Opcode Games. They are completely distinct entities.

It seems there is a hidden message here that says me to look at another place :-). Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for your beautilfull releases.

BTW : I live in France so I have a Colecovision console with a scart video cable (most certainly RGB) so I can better enjoy those beautifull games, SGM compliant or not 🙂

JihemB

Edited by JihemB
  • Like 1

I look forward to the Mystery Man  series.  I too am waiting for shipments from Germany, waiting a long time. 

Hi, A BIG thank you for everything you've done for the CV community!!! Psyched to hear you're doing Star Castle!!! Anyway I can still order/pre-order a Asteroids controller to use with it???

1 hour ago, Retrok7 said:

Can you still order the Mystery Man series?

Nope, but I can recommend monitoring eBay and also Good Deal Games.

Still interested in the asteroids game and Controller and star castle how can I order and do you have a direct link I always seem to miss your products and do you have a picture or link that I can see the controller thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dominic Giordano Jr said:

Still interested in the asteroids game and Controller and star castle how can I order and do you have a direct link I always seem to miss your products and do you have a picture or link that I can see the controller thanks

I'm sorry to say that the pre-order period for the Asteroids Controller is long past. Also, I've reached my limit of pre-orders for the Asteroids game. But anyhow, you can see pictures of the controller here:

• Like 1

Ok thanks definitely want star castle please let me know how and when I can get it so I don’t miss it and should you come across any xtra asteroids controller or games I be very interested  thanks

37 minutes ago, Dominic Giordano Jr said:

Ok thanks definitely want star castle please let me know how and when I can get it so I don’t miss it and should you come across any xtra asteroids controller or games I be very interested  thanks

Star Castle will likely be released on Christmas Day 2021. That's the plan for now anyhow.

To pre-order a copy, just send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com.

What's the status of BasicVision?   I try to keep a list of BASIC or BASIC-like compilers for consoles.  Thought I should ask as it has been awhile.

UPDATE:  Answered.  Thank you for the scoop! :)

Small update for those who are interested: After giving it some thought, I've decided to drop the Armor Attack project. I think I have enough on my plate for the remainder of the year without adding a new last-minute project to it.

If anyone out there wants to make his own version of Armor Attack, you'll get no objections from me.  :) 

• Like 1