IGNORED

2020/2021 HSC Rd. 6 Pac Man 40th Anniversary

toiletunes

Pac Man Collection and Pac Man 40th Anniversary edition!

Mode- Pac Man Plus, random mazes, normal speed, cola start.

Play one, or both. They will be scored separately.

Round ends January 20th.

Pac Man Collection scores:

68,880 oyamafamily (10+2)

67,020 Dauber (9)

46,030 toiletunes (8)

23,110 NamcoPlayer (7)

7,040 BydoEmpire (6)

Pac Man 40th Anniversary Scores:

73,490 Dauber (10+2)

52,900 oyamafamily (9)

47,310 toiletunes (8)

41,300 NamcoPlayer (7)

31,900 roadrunner (6)

30,610 Deteacher (5)

18,260 NIKON (4)

9,020 BydoEmpire (3)

7,210 jblenkle (2)

5,510 Rick Dangerous (1)

HSC points as of round 5:

40 - oyamafamily

38 - NIKON

35 - Dr Moocowz
35 - jeremiahjt

32 - roadrunner

30 - BydoEmpire

29 - toiletunes

10 - Cousin Vinnie

9 - slx

8 - Rick Dangerous

7 - Namco Player

7 - jblenkle

20201231_205602.jpg

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

So the only way to play this one is through an emulator?

Well, I looked and there is a custom 7800 cartridge at the AtariAge store, but only supports up to 32KB and less, and looking at the file sizes, Pac-Man 40th Anniversary Collection is 129KB, meaning that the game doesn't fit in with the custom 7800 cartridge. In case you were wondering, all you do is send a binary to AtariAge of what game you want to put on the cartridge, so nope. I think a cart is coming out soon, or not. Usually, all of the works made by Pac-ManPlus are usually can be bought via cart, like Pac-Man Collection, Super Pac-Man, Scramble, yada yada yada, so nope again. Plus, homebrews and hacks are not allowed without the creator's consent.

Edited by NamcoPlayer

Since I just pulled the trigger on getting a Concerto, I figure I'd try my hand at the 7800 HSC.  I hope to be able to get some real hardware scores in soon, but for now, here's my paltry submission for PMC 40th:

This version is very hard!  Took me several tries to get this score!  Looks like the emulator saves screenshots as .bmp files.  I'll convert it and post it shortly.

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jblenkle said:

Any trick to getting the rom to run? I am using the ProSystem emulator and when I load it, it just goes to a black screen.

The rom I posted below is an .a78 file format. I suggest you using MESS or MAME with the bios name "a7800.zip". Atari 7800 emulation on MAME/MESS pretty much works on everything (except Defender and Battlezone). 

Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition (20200528).a78

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dauber said:

Is there a version of this with sound that will run on the Concerto? The version linked here and the one from Trebor's pack both are silent for me.

8894F8A8-8092-4C10-BC31-E8C7DF49997F.jpeg

I have the same problem. I guess it thinks the concerto is xm and tries to use yamaha instead of tia. 

16 hours ago, toiletunes said:

I have the same problem. I guess it thinks the concerto is xm and tries to use yamaha instead of tia. 

That looks like what is indeed happening, as the 'XM ENHANCED' logo wouldn't be there if it didn't 'detect' the XM/YAMAHA.

Try this one, it's 'forced' to use the TIA sounds.

PMC_XM.A78 PMC_XM.BIN

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:01 AM, NamcoPlayer said:

The rom I posted below is an .a78 file format. I suggest you using MESS or MAME with the bios name "a7800.zip". Atari 7800 emulation on MAME/MESS pretty much works on everything (except Defender and Battlezone). 

Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition (20200528).a78 128.13 kB · 4 downloads

I got it running on MESS. Works great there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

So this version scores differently than Pac Man on the Bob D. Pac Man Collection for 7800?

I'd like to know as well. I'm assuming we have to play the 40th anniversary version, but if the games are the same it'd be cool to play regular Pac Man Collection, since I actually have that cart.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:55 AM, PacManPlus said:

That looks like what is indeed happening, as the 'XM ENHANCED' logo wouldn't be there if it didn't 'detect' the XM/YAMAHA.

Try this one, it's 'forced' to use the TIA sounds.

Uhhh...Bob...no offense, and this is meant with all the love in Atariland...but...either you're lying, or you're THAT EFFING GOOD a programmer! You'll NEVER get me to believe that's TIA sound I'm hearing and not the onboard POKEY on my Concerto! Holy CRAP!!!!