IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

Week 05

Top games

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - 1862 min. (#2)
2. Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360) - 1440 min.
3. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 884 min. (#5)
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 698 min. (#1)
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 420 min.
6. Hades (PC) - 404 min.
7. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 385 min. (#4)
8. Dead Tomb (Collectorvision Phoenix) - 316 min.
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 308 min. (#8)
10. Among Us (PC) - 275 min. (#10)

Top systems

1. Switch - 2858 min. (#1)
2. Xbox 360 - 1440 min.
3. Browser based - 884 min. (#5)
4. PC - 805 min. (#4)
5. Xbox One - 786 min. (#2)
6. PS4 - 698 min. (#3)
7. Collectorvision Phoenix - 316 min.
8. Oculus Quest - 308 min. (#6)
9. GBA - 113 min. (#8)
10. iOS - 21 min. (#7)

Total 8229 minutes and 22 different games on 10 different systems.

By a margin of just over 7 hours, Fire Emblem: Three Houses defeats Dead Space 2 for the title of most played this week. Also all the top 8 systems have at least one game each in the overall top 10, including the newcomer Collectorvision Phoenix which thus became featured on the tracker before the PlayStation 5 (and before the Atari VCS). Only on AtariAge, ladies and gentlemen, only on AtariAge!

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week(February 8th through 14th) on modern systems:

Browser Based:

Forge of empires - 557 minutes in 21 sessions

It's been another week of mainly playing Forge of Empires, but I've tried to shorten my sessions because they ate up too much time, so I'm down from about 15 to 9 hours this week. I strive for about 30 minutes of gaming per day which would be the optimum thing for me. It's also that not so much is happening anymore in this game and you have to invest more time to get further in the game, so I'm somewhat losing interest in it as well. I'm now through the iron age and have started the early middle age.

• Like 3

Not really any major stories for my gaming this week.  I did pick up Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury since I didn't play it the first time; it's a fantastic game.

Switch:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 2114 minutes
Stardew Valley - 560 minutes
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 376 minutes

XBox One:

Borderlands 3 - 493 minutes

• Like 3

I started off this week intending to play through Dead Space 3, since I just played the second game in the series last week and enjoyed it very much, but quickly found that I was feeling a little burnt out on horror games and wanted to play a different genre of game that would be more relaxing. With that in mind I decided to check out Lunar: The Silver Star on the Sega CD for the first time (via the Mega SD flash cart), since gaming doesn't get more relaxing and low stress than a JRPG.

I'm not usually much of an RPG guy, but to my great surprise this one totally hooked me and I think it's the most I've enjoyed an RPG since Chrono Trigger on the SNES! At this point I'm pretty sure that I'm really close to the final boss battle and should be finishing up the game within the next day or two, and wow what a game it's been! The difficulty level feels just right (challenging but still relatively forgiving), I love the characters and story, the writing is great with the localization team at Working Designs managing to sneak in some hilarious modern day references, and the anime style cutscenes are really impressive for a 1993 game. I can definitely see why Lunar: The Silver Star was the second best selling Sega CD game in Japan—second only to Sonic CD—and why western audiences loved it too. I'd absolutely recommend it to any fan of the 16-bit era of gaming in need of a truly exceptional RPG to play. 

Wrapping up the week, the new season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club has started! By the I realized it was underway I didn't have long to play, but I still managed to get in a fairly respectable score of 21,100 in Venture and a not-so-respectable 6,000 and some in Berzerk :lol: It was still fun though and I'm really looking forward to taking a crack at Millipede next week! Until then though, back to Lunar!

Et1nu_YWYAAhKOB.thumb.jpeg.5a349638b003b43d8bbf88220d645c47.jpeg

Ineligible

Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 24 minutes

Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD) - 1,973 minutes

Venture (Atari 2600) - 50 minutes

Xbox 360

Dead Space 3 - 134 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

2,181 minutes (36 hours 21 minutes) [134 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega CD: 1,973 minutes

Xbox 360: 134 minutes

Atari 2600: 74 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 3

PC

RimWorld (1141 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (365 min)

Not a lot of variety this week. I got a hankerin' to play some RimWorld, and the game sunk its claws into me. I do enjoy my colony sim games. Things are going a little dicey at the moment, as a sickness has stricken two of the four colonists. Hopefully they get better and don't infect everyone and die. That would be a sad end, lol.

• Like 2

Week 06

Top games

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - 2114 min. (#1)
2. RimWorld (PC) - 1141 min.
3. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 560 min.
4. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 557 min. (#3)
5. Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) - 493 min.
6. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 487 min. (#7)
7. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch) - 376 min.
8. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 365 min. (#9)
9. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The (TESIV) (PC) - 272 min.
10. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 238 min. (#4)

Top systems

1. Switch - 3050 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1413 min. (#4)
3. Xbox One - 980 min. (#5)
4. Browser based - 557 min. (#3)
5. Oculus Quest - 365 min. (#8)
6. PS4 - 238 min. (#6)
7. Xbox 360 - 134 min. (#2)
8. iOS - 63 min. (#10)

Total 6800 minutes and 13 different games on 8 different systems.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses continues its streak 1-2-1-1 and is 973 min (16.2 hours) ahead of RimWorld in second place. Further down the list the margins are closer, 3 min between #3 and #4, 6 min between #5 and #6, 11 min betweeen #7 and #8, 34 min between #9 and #10. On the systems list, the Switch keeps its top position on a list where all eight systems were present last week as well.

(insert more interesting commentary here)

If anyone was late to post, go ahead and I'll add your times for next week!

• Like 2

Yay, more than one game this time~

Switch
Corpse Party Blood covered: …Repeated fear. - 23

Yay, Corpse Party is back but on a different system! I only play this game really late at night since it's a horror game and I've been focusing on sleeping more lately, so not much time went into this.
Project Triangle Strategy Debut Demo (demo) - 60

I didn't care for this one. Play Fire Emblem instead.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 733

Almost to the halfway point.

• Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (February 15th to 21st) on modern systems (didn't play any classic ones)...

Browser based:

Forge of Empires - 572 minutes in 22 sessions

Hero Wars - 4

This week I continued to play Forge of Empires. I actually had planned to further cut down on playing time, but somehow the game gets more diverse, so there's more to do per session. But I still managed to shorten the sessions, so the play time was divided in 22 sessions. This gives 26 minutes per session. Actually I would like to keep the sessions to 14 minutes maximum and a maximum of 210 minutes of playing time per week, which would be roughly 2 sessions per day.

Then I briefly played Hero Wars but stopped after I noticed that the game was very different from what's shown in the ad I clicked on.

• Like 2

It was a real big week for Sega games around here this past week! I started off the week by finishing Lunar: The Silver Star on the Sega CD (which I apparently had just over half an hour left to go in), which should put that game in the 2,000 minute club, then got together with the misses to do a playthrough of the original Sonic the Hedgehog trading off controllers between levels. We beat it with all the chaos emeralds collected, and once that was done I decided to check out Lords of Thunder on the Sega CD for the first time via the Mega SD and holy fudging Norse god fish sticks Batman, that game is metal as all heckin' get out! I don't drink alcohol but Lords of Thunder makes me wanna take off my shirt, put on a bandana, drink a beer and smoke cigarettes! :-D It's also a fairly easy game as far as shoot 'em ups go and I was able to finish it on my first try, so highly recommended for any fan of the genre who likes heavy metal themes and doesn't mind playing via emulation or flash cart, since a real physical copy of Lords of Thunder will set you back $300+. I think I'll stick to playing on the Mega SD for that one. 

Next up I put a bit more time into Snatcher, which I keep trying to like but gosh darn is that game obtuse as all get out. The atmosphere and story is great, but I have no idea how anyone managed to beat this game back in the day without a guide since so much of what the game seems to want you to do is really cryptic and difficult to decipher... either that or I'm just not good at point and click adventure games lol Continuing the Sega theme, the spousal unit and I did a play through of Sonic CD and got the good ending by destroying all the robot generators the in the past in every level, then she did a solo playthrough of the original Streets of Rage with Blaze and beat it on normal difficulty by herself for the first time; which was pretty dang impressive if you ask me. Finally, wrapping up the week, I played through the original Mortal Kombat on the Genesis then just last night sat down with the misses again for more Sonic time and played through Sonic the Hedgehog 2; nabbing all the chaos emeralds along the way. 

At this point the plan for next week is to play through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and I'm thinking I might play Silpheed on the Sega CD as well then start in on Lunar: Eternal Blue. I was really trying to like Dead Space 3 on the Xbox 360, but it just doesn't feel at all like the first 2 games so I think I'm just done with it at this point. The first two Dead Space games were really moody atmospheric survival horror at it's best, but Dead Space 3 just feels like a cash grab crafting fest designed for co-op play that's constantly screaming, "Buy our DLC! Buy our DLC!" right in your face. It's just... not fun, to me at least. So, back to Sega I go! :)

P.S.: I was apparently so distracted by all the Sega games this week that I totally forgot to play in the Atari 2600 High Score Club and missed the round entirely! Doh! >_<

DSC00770.thumb.JPG.401657b88a5d7b4bee5274554a6f5ee4.JPG

IMG_8455.thumb.JPG.8175a5e4e1b5d8f79d41f554c9036292.JPG

Ineligible

Lords of Thunder (Sega CD) - 89 minutes

Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD) - 38 minutes

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis) - 24 minutes

Snatcher (Sega CD) - 38 minutes

Sonic CD (Sega CD) - 420 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis) - 137 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis) - 229 minutes

Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis) - 90 minutes

Xbox 360

Dead Space 3 - 45 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,110 minutes (18 hours 30 minutes) [45 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega CD: 585 minutes

Sega Genesis: 480 minutes

Xbox 360: 45 minutes

• Like 3

My games played are pretty much the same as last weeks- I think Mrs. Digdug is getting really sick of Fire Emblem.  I started a THIRD playthrough because I didn't like how it was going and she was like 'will you just finish the damn game?' ? 

Still plugging through SM3DW.  I'm stopping my forward progress on this one, though, because my son wants to finish a game before his dad for a change, lol.

My lineup should change a little bit next week since Bravely Default 2 should be releasing on Friday.

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 423 minutes
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 2464 minutes
Stardew Valley - 401 minutes
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 495 minutes

• Like 2

Gameboy Advance 

Pitfall the Lost Expedition 285 

Just one game to report on the modern side.  I finished the main story, and I really enjoyed this game.  It has a big brother for PS2/XBox/Gamecube, but they came out at a time when another Pitfall game was released (Mayan Adventure), and I never bothered to sort out which was getting ratings 7/10 vs 4/10, so I never played any of them.  Turns out that Lost Expedition is really good.  I liked the variety of gameplay as it switched from top down to side scrolling to arcade race n shoot.  It seems any negative reviews for this one come from people expecting it to be all side scroller, but I think it is a really neat game.  I think I've also mentioned that the dialog and humor hit the right spots for me too.  Definitely worth checking out.  I will probably play the other console versions of this one some day.

• Like 1

PC

RimWorld (4393 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (462 min)

So...yeah, RimWorld. Send help. Lol. I think I see now why my friend has almost 5000 hours logged in this game.  Took some time off last week to play, and I didn't do a whole lot else, really. Shortly after posting last week, the colony I had going went down in blaze of glory, so I started again. And things are going better, though there's been some scary moments. I accidentally set my grenadier to autofire, and she lobbed one at an attacking mechanoid, which happened to be next my best fighter, as well as a mortar and a pile of ordinance. There was nothing left of his body and 2 others died, one other lost their leg. Then, there was another later accident where I let a rabid capybara pack into my base, which ended up killing my leader and 3 others in my 8 colonist base (damn screw ups, lol).  Shortly after that, I let four refugees stay at my base, which let me send a couple of my own people out on a trade mission for some desperately needed supplies. Well, of course, the "refugees" were really a revenge ambush squad. I was lucky to not lose either of my other 2 colonists, and while none of them escaped alive, they did burn down my kitchen, dining room, and larder with all my stored food, as well as kill 3 of my donkeys.  Regardless, the game has me in its claws...

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 2

Week 07

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 4393 min. (#2)
2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - 2464 min. (#1)
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition (PC) - 2160 min.
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 733 min. (#10)
5. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 572 min. (#4)
6. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 495 min. (#6)
6. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch) - 495 min. (#7)
8. Microsoft Mahjong (iOS) - 466 min.
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 462 min. (#8)
10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 423 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 6673 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 3866 min. (#1)
3. PS4 - 733 min. (#6)
4. Browser based - 576 min. (#4)
5. Xbox One - 521 min. (#3)
6. iOS - 506 min. (#8)
7. Oculus Quest - 462 min. (#5)
8. GBA - 285 min.
9. Xbox 360 - 45 min. (#7)
10. Arcade - 28 min.

Total 13695 minutes and 21 different games on 10 different systems.

You know it is a tough business when two games both score over 2000 minutes each, but still get wiped away by the most played game by an equally huge margin. This week RimWorld does that to Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition. It leads to a big total (but no record) of which almost half the minutes are recorded on the PC, with Switch in second place.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, carlsson said:

Week 07

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 4393 min. (#2)
2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - 2464 min. (#1)
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition (PC) - 2160 min.
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 733 min. (#10)
5. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 572 min. (#4)
6. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 495 min. (#6)
6. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch) - 495 min. (#7)
8. Microsoft Mahjong (iOS) - 466 min.
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 462 min. (#8)
10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 423 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 6673 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 3866 min. (#1)
3. PS4 - 733 min. (#6)
4. Browser based - 576 min. (#4)
5. Xbox One - 521 min. (#3)
6. iOS - 506 min. (#8)
7. Oculus Quest - 462 min. (#5)
8. GBA - 285 min.
9. Xbox 360 - 45 min. (#7)
10. Arcade - 28 min.

Total 13695 minutes and 21 different games on 10 different systems.

You know it is a tough business when two games both score over 2000 minutes each, but still get wiped away by the most played game by an equally huge margin. This week RimWorld does that to Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition. It leads to a big total (but no record) of which almost half the minutes are recorded on the PC, with Switch in second place.

Man, beat out by Rimworld.  ?

True.

It is something I used to try to record, but it became difficult over season shifts so I have skipped it. Maybe I'll resume it but accept that some of the stats keeping will have to be done by hand.

RimWorld (PC) - 4393 min. (2021)

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Xbox) - 3881 min. (2019)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 3789 min. (2020)

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 3185 min. (2020)

NCAA Football 13 (Xbox 360) - 3036 min. (2019)

• Like 2

Recently I've been spending a lot of time with the Dreamcast, but not this time. Corpse Party didn't show up again...

PS4
Kanogkutou Mary Skelter 2 - 1,246
I finished the game. My god I forgot how difficult the final boss in this game can be. I compared my save file time to my previous one and I was considerably faster this time; I beat my old record by an incredible 10 hours and 5 minutes somehow. Not sure how the hell I managed that, but I did. Now onto the remake of the first game, which means it's time for some fun developer oversights, glitches, and sequence breaks that are exclusive to the PS4 version of the remake of the first game... and I seem to have found what might be a new glitch (or just one I've never seen before) just over an hour ago. As usual, I'm counting the remake of Mary Skelter as 2 instead of counting it separately, especially because of some spoilers:

Spoiler

it's really just the second half of 2 disguised as a remake of the first game for marketing purposes.

Switch
Cotton Reboot! - 117 (estimate)

Well, I never thought Cotton would get a new game, but she did... kind of. It's basically just a remake of the X68000 version with a few new mechanics. It has the X68000 version included, as well, and I was initially counting both versions together before realizing that the X68000 version should probably count as X68000 instead, so I just estimated the time I played the X68000 version and subtracted it from here to get the estimated time for both games and put the X68000 version over in the other tracker.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (February 22nd through 28th)...

Browser based:

Forge of Empires - 464 min. in 19 sessions

I continued to play Forge of Empires, and I managed to bring down the numbers a bit and also shorten the average session time... not much more to say though, I'm near the end of the early middle age and will probably enter the high middle age tomorrow.

• Like 2