IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

Week 22

Top games

1. Flowers: Les quatre saisons (Switch) - 1939 min. (#3)
2. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 1474 min. (#1)
3. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Xbox One) - 876 min. (#2)
4. Solasta: Crown of the Magister (PC) - 833 min. (#4)
5. Suikoden 3 (PS2) - 450 min. (#6)
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 314 min. (#7)
7. Walking Dead, The: Michonne (Xbox One) - 236 min.
8. Monster Train (Xbox One) - 168 min.
9. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 160 min.
10. Doom Classic II (Switch) - 155 min. (#5)

Top systems

1. Switch - 2336 min. (#3)
2. Xbox One - 1579 min. (#2)
3. Xbox Series X - 1474 min. (#1)
4. PC - 930 min. (#4)
5. Browser based - 520 min.
6. PS2 - 450 min. (#5)
7. Oculus Quest - 314 min. (#6)
8. 3DS - 240 min. (#7)
9. PS4 - 97 min.
10. GBA - 90 min. (#10)

Total 8086 minutes and 40 different games on 11 different systems.

I8086.jpg

Due to emergency fire duty, MLB The Show '21 lost its #1 place after six consecutive weeks. Instead the flower girls (hmm... not the right way to describe them) take the title by a margin of 7.75 hours. For similar reasons, the Switch moves up two spots from last week and becomes the most played system by a margin of a little over 12.5 hours. Also this week has 10 participants, new season record!

Speaking of old processors, Beat Saber on the Oculus Quest moves into 30K land this week with a total of 30286 minutes.

Take care of eachother and we'll tune in again next week!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My time for the week...

PS2

Suikoden 3 - 934 min (Two streams this week... both of them over 7 hrs long.  Feel like I got a lot done, lots of chapters completed for various characters.  I'm still not too keen on the battle system and wish it was a little more... traditional?  Like in Suikoden 2 for example...  Also, I'm really ready for some fast travel option.  Viki is in this game (or at least, she has been mentioned by an NPC), and she was the teleporter fast travel person in the previous two.  So I'm hoping to recruit her soon.)

• Like 3

Like I said in the other tracker, I am tired, so I'll post early and go to sleep.

Switch
Arcaea - 66
Flowers -Les quatre saisons- - 378

I finished hiver about 17 hours after my last post. That was among the single most disappointing and poorly written endings in anything ever. Many questions were left unsolved. Book hangover/post plot depression/whatever you want to call it is a very real thing and I felt like crap for about half a day because of this starting a few hours after I got over the terrible ending. I wasn't ready to part with this great cast yet, so I may or may not have bought an extremely rare and expensive drama CD that takes place after the ending. Good thing I have most of the other drama CDs already, as these things are expensive. Note to my future self: hiver = 346. 32 minutes spent on getting bad ends. I was playing the four seasons mode that lets you play all 4 games as one massive 60-hour game, but I think it's not possible to get some of the endings in this mode, so I decided to replay everything on PS4 in the original mode to get all of the endings.

PS4
Flowers -Les quatre saisons- - 570

So yeah, I thought about counting this as Flowers - Le volume sur printemps- for a little while, as I am playing the original mode, which gives me completely unmodified versions of the 4 games, identical to the original PC versions aside from running on a different engine, but then I realized that it doesn't really matter and it will just get annoying and confusing, so this is how it is. It's now mid-June, so I'm almost done with printemps. I REALLY didn't want to play printemps again since I've played it so many times before, but I've noticed my reading ability is improving a lot recently, so it's been a lot more smooth than it was before.
Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school ACTIVITY~ Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!! - 601

I hate this game's birthday events so much. There are 4 of them next month, unfortunately.

GBA
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis - 9

Why do I torture myself by playing things like this?

PC
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - 276

• Like 4

PC 

Monster Train 258 

XOne 

Catastronauts 36 

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition 705 

Monster Train 330 

Turned up the dial on Monster Train this weekend.  Its a good game, but I think Slay the Spire has slightly more to offer in terms of replay value.

Still in Mass Effect I in the Legendary edition.  I really expected to get bored with this faster, but instead, I'm taking my time with it all over again.  I even broke out the strategy guide I have for it from 10+ years ago.

• Like 4

My times for the week:

Browser-based (all at Cardgames.io):

Crescent Solitaire - 48 min.

Freecell - 24 min.

Solitaire - 40 min.
Spider Solitaire - 35 min.

Sudoku - 48 min.
Yahtzee - 53 min.

Solved the highest-level Sudoku puzzle, and beat Crescent solitaire with only 1 shuffle, among other things.

• Like 4

It was an exceptionally big week for gaming around here this past week, mostly on account of me getting my paws on a new game that just came out for the Switch! I put just over 30 hours into Winds of Change this past week, doing a full playthrough of it and doing every side quest and conversation there was to be found. I don't usually get into visual novel style games, in fact I think the last one I played and truly enjoyed was 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on the original Nintendo DS, but Winds of Change really drew me in with it's art style and kept me hooked with a great story and really outstanding voice acting. I was also just delighted to see a game that's... well, "furry" on a mainstream console like the Switch! I was kinda obligated to buy it, and I'm sure glad I did because I can confidently say that it had the best story and writing I've ever seen in any video game bar none. It's obviously a game intended for the furry crowd, but the quality of the writing and storytelling make it a game that non-furries alike could still get a great deal of enjoyment out of providing you aren't put off by the art style.

Outside of Winds of Change I just played a bit of Doom 64 on the Switch (having finally gotten a Limited Run physical copy in the mail) and a few arcade games here and there. I played through Garou: Mark of the Wolves a couple more times and beat the extra secret final boss the second time, then played quite a few games of Galaga and a couple games of Ms. Pac-Man and set new all time personal best high scores in both! I managed to get 130,000 points in Galaga and 70,310 points in Ms. Pac-Man, which I was really happy about considering I had never broken 100K in Galaga before and I'm just not very good as Ms. Pac-Man in spite of it being my all time favorite arcade game. 

That's all the gaming news from around here that's fit to print for this week though, so until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours :)

Winds-of-Change-Review.thumb.jpg.e9b5ac5d70c1f39736dd04a48f3e694f.jpg

Ineligible

Galaga (Arcade) - 63 minutes

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo MVS/AES) - 46 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 17 minutes

Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Arcade) - 10 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom 64 - 185 minutes

Winds of Change - 1,935 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

2,256 minutes (37 hours 36 minutes) [2,120 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 2,120 minutes

Arcade: 90 minutes

Neo Geo MVS/AES: 46 minutes

• Like 4

PC

Solasta: Crown of the Magister (1737 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (338 min)

Still chipping away at Solasta, the PCs just hit level 8, and I'm part way through the mission to get gem 4 of 8, and I know where to get gem 5.  This may go all the way to level 20. Of course, I can't ignore the side missions.  They aren't quite Witcher level impressive, but they're pretty good coming from an indie studio. Pretty impressed with the game.

• Like 4

I did not have much this week.

3DS

Bust a Move Universe - 15 minutes

It's Bust a Move. I like the one with spinner support better.

DS

Mini RC Rally - 20 minutes

A Rare RC game this ain't. It's not horrible for shovelware but there's nothing much to recommend it.

GBA

Phantasy Star Collection - 10 minutes

Just a little dungeon crawling in Phantasy Star I.

• Like 3

Week 23

Top games

1. Winds of Change (Switch) - 1935 min.
2. Solasta: Crown of the Magister (PC) - 1737 min. (#4)
3. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 1293 min. (#2)
4. Suikoden 3 (PS2) - 934 min. (#5)
5. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Xbox One) - 705 min. (#3)
6. Love Live! School Idol Festival: after school ACTIVITY - Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!!  (PS4) - 601 min.
7. Flowers: Les quatre saisons (PS4) - 570 min.
8. Flowers: Les quatre saisons (Switch) - 378 min. (#1)
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 338 min. (#6)
10. Monster Train (Xbox One) - 330 min. (#8)

Top systems

1. Switch - 2574 min. (#1)
2. PC - 2271 min. (#4)
3. Xbox One - 1371 min. (#2)
4. Xbox Series X - 1293 min. (#3)
5. PS4 - 1171 min. (#9)
6. PS2 - 934 min. (#6)
7. Oculus Quest - 338 min. (#7)
8. Browser based - 248 min. (#5)
9. iOS - 65 min.
10. DS - 20 min.

Total 10335 minutes and 31 different games on 13 different systems.

The Singles Top 40 list this week is headed by the Scorpions:

... err, wrong tracker. Anyway, this 2D visual novel and point-and-click adventure from 2018 sails directly into first place, with Solasta and MLB The Show behind.

Not much winds of change on the systems list though, where the Switch holds onto its top place with small shifts on places 2-4.

Edit: Numbers updated to compensate for @Prosystemsearch who posted modern tracker numbers in the classic tracker.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Time for times again. Then I'll play Galactic Battlegrounds some more because I just realized that I just finished drinking a lot of caffeine and probably won't be able to sleep for a while. I should stop drinking caffeine at midnight.

Switch
R-Type Final 2 - 9
Sonic Mania - 6

I only played both of these to test my new Switch controller briefly. Yay, it works! I suppose that's more than what I can say about my Joy-Cons at this point, though.

PS4
Flowers -Les quatre saisons- - 1005

So I'm kind of regretting instantly replaying this immediately after finishing it and I've been going rather slowly this time, but I'm almost halfway done. Now that I've finished the series once, I decided to read the artbook that I have since there aren't any spoilers that I have to avoid in there anymore and it answered all of the questions that were not answered in winter. Why are the answers to those things only written in an artbook that was released 2 years after the final game and is now rare, expensive, and out of print? I have no idea, but I'm glad I have it. It also confirmed that they're using a romanization system that I don't normally like or use, so Suou is officially romanized as Suoh, as much as I don't like it. I also noticed a few minor plot holes when looking through the floor plans in the artbook, but nothing significant. I forgot to mention it before, but I can't believe how much Suoh changes between spring and spring the next year. She's like a totally different person. It's halfway through summer again and I've just now realized that Chidori changes just as much as Suoh does, if not more. It's really weird to see how different they both were at the beginnings of their stories compared to who they eventually become. Spring = 580, summer = 425. Getting all of the endings will make this take a lot longer than only getting the true endings in four seasons mode.

PC
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - 74

I actually paused this game JUST to make this post. I somehow killed an enemy utility trawler with a Jedi Padawan. Yeah, I'm not sure how that works since the enemy utility trawler should have just trawled away to safety somewhere in the water where the Jedi can't walk, but instead it just sat there and let itself get lightsabered.

Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine - 186

Yes, I do actually play Nintendo games sometimes! They added a few camera control options to the emulator on the Switch collection thingy, so it's actually playable now! Still not sure what to think of this game. I HATED it as a kid, but I think I'm starting to like it more as I play it more. We'll see. Hopefully I don't get bored with it and drop it again.

Arcade

Gimmick! EXACT☆MIX - 3 (estimate)

I forgot about this! It was only released a few months ago, I think, so this is probably the newest arcade game in the tracker. I played it about 10 hours ago over at BEEP since they had it set up in there for free.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 5

Switch:

"-KLAUS-" - 45 minutes. Bought from the big sale because it had been on my wishlist forever and I felt bad. Fun Thomas Was Alone-meets-Celeste gameplay without the inspired scenarios or aesthetics or music of those modern classics. Incredibly awful loading times. What is this, a PS1? Nevertheless, not a pity purchase I regret. I might finish this one.

Blizzard Arcade Collection - 40 minutes. None of these are arcade games, but whatever. Blackthorne and Rock'n'Roll Racing remasters.

Game Boy Advance:

Zapper One Wicked Cricket - 60 minutes. This is a reskin of the developer's Frogger adventure game, which I found out after sinking a lot of time into it and thinking, "Huh, this is like a Frogger adventure game." It's kind of frustrating and got middling reviews, but I quite like it. There are mini games like a Sonic 2 ring collecting mine cart level and a Tower Toppler level. It's definitely not a great game, but it scratched some itches for me and I was able to overlook the faults.

• Like 4

DVD Based

Superman's Last Stand (c. 2007) 4

PC
Monster Train 557

Slay the Spire 60

XOne

Mass Effect Legendary Edition 103

Slay the Spire 524

100% modern game time for me this week as I dipped deeply into the card building genre.  I also flipped around the special features on my Death of Superman Superman: Doomsday DVD and found a little interactive game that functioned well with the d-pad on my X360 controller.

• Like 4

PC

Solasta: Crown of the Magister (826 min)

Oculus Quest

Audio Trip (103 min)

Beat Saber (365 min)

Solasta is moving along, got gem five, gem six proved a bit problematic, I had to restart from a save before the mission started after nearly finishing it because I couldn't rest due to lack of food, and I was too weak to take on an elemental/undead encounter and was in a weird "mind realm" that I couldn't retreat from. Unskippable cutscenes kinda suck in that case, but I'm almost back to where I left off now.

Found a new BS-like game that I actually like. Audio Trip is sort of like Synth Riders more than Beat Saber, but with way better music, mapping, and visuals.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 5

A fun week for gaming this past week, with my times fairly evenly split between classic games and more modern offerings. My main focus this week was doing a playthrough of Doom 64 on the Switch, then after that was done I decided that I was going to play and actually beat the original Metroid on the NES for the very first time. It took most of the week (and the occasional references to a map along with tips from friends here and there) but I finally did it! Outside of Doom 64 and Metroid, I ended up picking up the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch handheld that came out last holiday season on sale at Best Buy for $40 and put it to good use playing through and beating the original Super Mario Bros. for the first time in many years. I spent a fair bit of time playing the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 (AKA The Lost Levels) on the Game & Watch as well, but holy heck is that game hard!

Lastly, I picked up Namco Museum Archives Volume 1 on sale for $5 on the Switch eShop pretty much just to play the NES demake of Pac-Man Championship Edition. It's absolutely amazing how fast and frenetic this game plays for an NES title, and with zero sprite flicker at all! Not only is it a technical marvel, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite Pac-Man game I've ever played so you can expect to see me logging a lot more time with this one in the future. All in all a solid week for gaming, though finally beating Metroid after all these years was definitely the highlight of the week for me :)

2021062206050100-8F655652CF5441D7471D936F3F07324D.thumb.jpg.2984ac5005893f66d839c25d4050d9bc.jpg

Ineligible

Dig Dug (Arcade) - 7 minutes

Galaga (Arcade) - 18 minutes

Metroid (NES) - 511 minutes

Pac-Man Championship Edition (NES) - 72 minutes

Phoenix (Arcade) - 41 minutes

Super Mario All-Stars (Super Nintendo) - 7 minutes

Super Mario Bros. (NES) - 183 minutes

Super Mario Bros. 2 [Japanese Version, AKA The Lost Levels] (NES) - 111 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom 64 - 735 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,685 minutes (28 hours 5 minutes) [735 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

NES: 877 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 735 minutes

Arcade: 66 minutes

Super Nintendo: 7 minutes

• Like 4

Week 24

Top games

1. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 1542 min. (#3)
2. Flowers: Les quatre saisons (PS4) - 1005 min. (#7)
3. Solasta: Crown of the Magister (PC) - 826 min. (#2)
4. Doom 64 (Switch) - 735 min.
5. Monster Train (PC) - 557 min.
6. Slay the Spire (Xbox One) - 524 min.
7. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 365 min. (#9)
8. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 259 min.
9. Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) - 186 min.
10. SongPop Party (iOS) - 157 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox Series X - 1542 min. (#4)
2. PC - 1517 min. (#2)
3. PS4 - 1005 min. (#5)
4. Xbox One - 886 min. (#3)
5. Switch - 835 min. (#1)
6. Oculus Quest - 468 min. (#7)
7. iOS - 188 min. (#9)
8. Gamecube - 186 min.
9. PS2 - 120 min. (#6)
10. GBA - 60 min.

Total 6814 minutes and 23 different games on 12 different systems.

Things return to how they were a few weeks ago, which means MLB The Show 21 in top followed by Flowers: Les quatre saisons, though now on PS4 instead of Switch. A bit of shifting around on the systems list where there Xbox Series X is back in top, the Switch has a relaxed week and the first Gamecube game to be entered this season is enough to both place it on the individual and systems list.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 4/19/2021 at 12:01 AM, wongojack said:

Gameboy Advance

Munch's Oddysee 28

Gamecube

Rogue Leader 65

XOne

Jeopardy 108

Wheel of Fortune 166

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

. . .  and the first Gamecube game to be entered this season is enough to both place it on the individual and systems list.

Nice job as always @carlsson!  I could swear I logged a little GC time, so I went back and checked.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I could swear I logged a little GC time, so I went back and checked.

Correct. I even put in Excel so it was counted, just that I overlooked it when I checked the numbers for today's stats. In any case, those are the two GC games logged this year, total 23 games.

• Like 2

I'm planning to post some mid-season stats after week 26, but here is a preview if you want some inspiration:

Total amount played this year so far: 204404 min.

1. PC - 54794 min.
2. Switch - 49717 min.
3. Xbox One - 26732 min.
4. Xbox Series X - 19159 min.
5. PS4 - 17797 min.
6. Oculus Quest - 8254 min.
7. iOS - 7116 min.
8. Browser based - 6011 min.
9. Xbox 360 - 3758 min.
10. PS2 - 3020 min.
11. DS - 2305 min.
12. GBA - 1565 min.
13. Vita - 1181 min.
14. 3DS - 635 min.
15. Wii - 570 min.
16. PSP - 473 min.
17. PS5 - 400 min.
18. Collectorvision Phoenix - 316 min.
19. Gamecube - 251 min.
20. PS3 - 250 min.
21. Xbox - 61 min.
22. Arcade - 31 min.
23. DVD Based - 4 min.
23. Dedicated Handheld - 4 min.

Not yet tracked:

Air Canada enRoute In-Flight Entertainment System - 0 min.
Android Phone - 0 min.
Gigatron - 0 min.
Gizmondo - 0 min.
Global Eagle In-Flight Entertainment System - 0 min.
Netflix Interactive - 0 min.
Sport Vii/Zone - 0 min.
TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition - 0 min.
Twitch - 0 min.
Uzebox - 0 min.
Wii U - 0 min.
Wonderswan Color - 0 min.

Many of those are rather obscure, but at least Android and Wii U should be able to enter the list of systems that get some love.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1