IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

On 7/19/2021 at 8:55 AM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Not much to report from my household this week. I finished my playthrough of DOOM Eternal on Ultra Violence difficulty and, uhhh, that's pretty much it! :lol:

Nintendo Switch

DOOM Eternal - 655 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

655 minutes (10 hours 55 minutes) [655 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 655 minutes

You are encouraging me to go back and try "Eternal" again.  I had to quit earlier this year.  The mandatory Bethesda login was strike 1 and then the switch from a mysterious near-future sci-fi story to something more out of a power rangers cartoon was strike 2.  Finally, the game threw some more "cheap deaths" at you that I didn't really appreciate.  An early-ish mission had an annoying fight in a hallway that comes to mind, and then they put a lot more deadly things to fall in for the arena fights - strike 3.

Maybe I will go back.  I wonder if I still have my save game . . .

• Like 3

Late entry, but last week I played...

PS2

Suikoden 3 - 336 min (Finished!  It was a pretty good game, but although there are three different options for who is the "successor" during the story, I don't know that I would replay it to see how things change.  At least not right away.)

Suikoden 4 - 270 min (Just started.  I think this is the lowest regarded of the five main line Suikoden games, but playing it mostly blind as well.  Not very far into the game at all, but the only thing I don't like so far is the design of the main character.  Just think he's ugly.)

• Like 4

Week 28

Top games

1. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 1741 min. (#2)
2. Disgaea 6 (Switch) - 1443 min.
3. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Xbox One) - 1347 min.
4. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 1194 min. (#8)
5. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 875 min.
6. DOOM Eternal (Switch) - 655 min. (#6)
7. Slay the Spire (Xbox One) - 499 min.
8. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 360 min. (#7)
9. Borderlands 3 (Xbox Series X) - 360 min. (#3)
9. Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch) - 360 min. (#10)

Top systems

1. Switch - 3367 min. (#1)
2. Xbox Series X - 2341 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 1976 min. (#6)
4. PC - 1806 min. (#4)
5. Vita - 920 min.
6. PS2 - 606 min. (#5)
7. Oculus Quest - 286 min. (#7)
8. DS - 65 min.
9. GBA - 60 min.
10. PSP - 35 min.

Total 11507 minutes and 32 different games on 12 different systems, with 9 different participants.

The MLB show is back in the top, followed by the latest episode in the Disgaea series and Mass Effect. About 50% of the systems this week are handheld/portable, even more if we count the top system Switch as one of those, which in its turn is followed by the two most recent Xbox incarnations and the PC.

By the way, this week was the fourth consecutive with more than 11000 minutes, something that never happened before. The modern tracker also exceeded 250K minutes for the season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tired, going to sleep early. I might play something on the Switch in bed if I can't sleep for whatever reason. As there are about 2.5 hours left until Monday, I'll just post again later if I do play something.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 1282

Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school ACTIVITY~ Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!! - 207 (estimate)

More birthday events. Yay... another started today but I didn't do it yet. I think another one starts in a few days, as well. I hate these events so much. I thought about not doing them, and I think I will stop doing them once I do everyone's event once, as the reward for the first time are actually good, but on subsequent times, you don't get anything worth spending 3~4 hours grinding for.

PC
StarCraft Remastered - 56
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - 345

Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 40

Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine - 50 (estimate)

Vita
Ebikore+ Amagami - 87
Yay, Amagami. I have wanted to play this for about a decade. I thought I might actually have the PS2 version somewhere, but I didn't bother check to see if I do, so I bought the Vita version, which is the best version. I unfortunately lost about 15 minutes and 47 seconds of progress due to my memory card being corrupted, but I logged it anyway because I can. It seems they kept the original 4:3 artwork and zoomed in on it to create fake widescreen, but you can fortunately pan the camera or even just play the game in 4:3. There is an alternate soundtrack that was made on a PC88, so you can play with PC88 music, as well. There is also a mode that replaces everyone's voices with beeping. Guys get deeper beeps and the girls get higher-pitched beeps, but unfortunately none of the characters seem to get their own unique beep, so there are only 2 different kinds as far as I have noticed. The game's composer is the same dude who did the music for Gleylancer and the Langrisser series, interestingly. Too bad there is no option for PC88 graphics, as well.
Flowers - 68

Unfortunately, Vita games are all dropped/on hold until further notice due to the death of my memory card. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It was working fine on my Vita, but then I tried playing Amagami on my Vita TV to see how it looks (quite nice, actually; this game looks better on my Vita TV than any other game I have tried on it) but couldn't save, which is why I lost those ~16 minutes, but then when I tried it again on my regular Vita, it worked for a few minutes. Then when testing various things it stopped letting me even open games at all anymore, but right now it seems to be working fine. Not sure what is happening, but it seems my memory card is dead or dying. This is a known problem with the 64GB memory cards, but it took about 8 years for it to happen to mine. I do have my old 32GB card, which I should probably swap to, but I have over 60GB of Vita+PSP+PS1 games, which is of course why I bought the 64GB card, and I really don't want to go through and decide what gets put on the 32GB card and what doesn't. How annoying. At least I was able to back up everything on my computer, so I didn't lose any saves or anything.

• Like 4

-KLAUS- - Nintendo Switch - 160 minutes. Almost done with this. It’s interesting but not essential.

Nostalgia - Nintendo DS - 275 minutes. This is a really cute game, but so far combat is not super compelling. I just got the third party member and am hoping it picks up.

Chaos Field - Nintendo Gamecube - 30 minutes. Someday I will start to understand danmaku games, but yesterday wasn’t the day. I wish I had the manual.

Bust-a-Move Bash - Nintendo Wii - 60 minutes. Got most of the way through Puzzle Mode without using a nunchuk and without being able to access the reserve bubble. Shoulda read the manual first.

• Like 4

Not as much gaming this week as I would like.  :)  My Switch was relegated to 'bedtime console', but don't worry Switch, I still love you!

Switch:

Disgaea 6 -- 270 minutes
Mario Golf: Super Rush -- 60 minutes
Pinball FX3 -- 60 minutes
Stardew Valley -- 360 minutes
The Pinball Arcade -- 180 minutes
Zaccaria Pinball -- 220 minutes

XBox Series X:

Borderlands 3 -- 1320 minutes
Cris Tales -- 150 minutes
Death's Door -- 210 minutes
Streets of Rage 4 -- 255 minutes

• Like 4

Xbox Series X
MLB The Show 21: 812 minutes

Xbox One

Call of the Sea: 37 minutes

PUBG: 305 minutes

iOS

Pop! Blitz: 19 minutes

Not much to do in MLB The Show until the next big content update hits later this week, so it was mainly spent trying to make stubs (in-game currency) by working the market. If we counted time spent on the web version of the marketplace, that number would be a bit higher. ?

I'm definitely looking forward to trying Flight Simulator this week.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StormSurge said:

Xbox Series X
MLB The Show 21: 812 minutes

Xbox One

Call of the Sea: 37 minutes

PUBG: 305 minutes

iOS

Pop! Blitz: 19 minutes

Not much to do in MLB The Show until the next big content update hits later this week, so it was mainly spent trying to make stubs (in-game currency) by working the market. If we counted time spent on the web version of the marketplace, that number would be a bit higher. ?

I'm definitely looking forward to trying Flight Simulator this week.

oh yeah, that is coming out this week!

• Like 1

PC 

Minecraft for Windows 10 492 

XOne 

Catastronauts 90 

Golf with your Friends 25 

Jackbox Party Pack 7 142 

Mass Effect Legendary Edition 360 

Minecraft 200 

Minecraft Dungeons 133 

Nowhere Prophet 100 

No classic time but lots of modern gaming this week with my niece and nephew.  This week I avoided the physical Minecraft for Xbox One edition and instead played the downloadable game simply known as Minecraft (on Xbox One).  I also went ahead and purchased a separate copy of Minecraft for Windows 10 which allows for cross platform play, but it is a separate title with separate save games and achievements.  Throw Minecraft Dungeons in there and well . . . lots of different Minecrafts.

Side note - was surprised that Golf with your Friends did not offer local multiplayer.

• Like 5

This was really one of those, "I have no idea what I want to play" kinda weeks for me, so I just played a bit of this and that. I started off the week playing some arcade fighting games I hadn't tried before and discovered that Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) is absolutely awesome, I think I played through it a good 4 or 5 times. After that I decided to compare how Mortal Kombat II looked on the sharp 1080p modern display of my MVSX cabinet versus how it looked on the old standard definition Sony Trinitron CRT TV I have my Sega Genesis hooked up to, and I think I actually prefer the sharp modern 1080p look. I wouldn't be surprised if someday I find myself selling all my old original hardware and replacing them with Analogue systems and the like with 1080p output for playing on the modern TV, but I'm also kinda lazy and trying to sell all my original hardware sounds like waaaaay too much work and hassle so I can't see that happening anytime soon. :lol:

After muddling around with some fighting games for awhile I finally got around to trying out a couple games I picked up on sale for $2 each on the Nintendo Switch eShop not long ago, The First Tree and Furwind. I really enjoyed The First Tree and it's relaxing calmly narrated story, in spite of the game's hilariously awful controls. There was something pretty amusing about just how horrendously bad the controls were though, since it's not exactly a demanding game and is mostly just a sorta laid back 3 hour long walking simulator with a touching story to listen to along the way, so the controls weren't too important. Furwind on the other hand is a game that demands you break out your best d-pad equipped controller, because holy cow is that game ever hard! It's a 2D platformer with some charming pixel art and pretty fun gameplay, but the difficulty can be pretty punishing at times. There's a reason Furwind gives you unlimited lives by default, because you're gonna need them. 

The only other games I played this past week were a variety of Doom titles. At first I started replaying the 2016 Doom reboot but decided I didn't really feel like it, then Id Software surprise dropped a new free add-on for classic Doom II so I decided to give it a play. Earthless: Prelude is a 12 level expansion from the makers of Deathless, which was by far my favorite new Doom expansion to come out last year, and the team did just as amazing of a job with Earthless: Prelude! It really felt like an episode that could have been designed by the folks at Id Software back in the day, with great pacing and really cool and interesting level design. Definitely give it a play if you're in the market for some new Doom content! After Earthless: Prelude was finished I started in on a playthrough of Doom 3, and I'll probably be continuing it over most of next week. For now though, I'll leave you with a pretty screenshot from The First Tree and say that I hope you're all doing well and enjoying your summer! :)

2021072100502300-AB9D59D8B9DCD6278DD6CC3120FFDA00.thumb.jpg.b0db293aa81810762d90b7ef1e342f76.jpg

Ineligible

Dig Dug (Arcade) - 9 minutes

Samurai Shodown II (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 34 minutes

Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis) - 64 minutes

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (Arcade) - 18 minutes

Pac-Man Plus (Arcade) - 6 minutes

Vampire Savior (Arcade) - 84 minutes

Nintendo Switch

DOOM (2016) - 15 minutes

Doom II (Classic), Earthless: Prelude - 365 minutes

Doom 3 - 95 minutes

The First Tree - 210 minutes

Furwind - 245 minutes

1,145 minutes (19 hours 5 minutes) [930 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 930 minutes

Arcade: 117 minutes

Sega Genesis: 64 minutes

Neo Geo AES/MVS: 34 minutes

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

PC 

Minecraft for Windows 10 492 

XOne 

Catastronauts 90 

Golf with your Friends 25 

Jackbox Party Pack 7 142 

Mass Effect Legendary Edition 360 

Minecraft 200 

Minecraft Dungeons 133 

Nowhere Prophet 100 

No classic time but lots of modern gaming this week with my niece and nephew.  This week I avoided the physical Minecraft for Xbox One edition and instead played the downloadable game simply known as Minecraft (on Xbox One).  I also went ahead and purchased a separate copy of Minecraft for Windows 10 which allows for cross platform play, but it is a separate title with separate save games and achievements.  Throw Minecraft Dungeons in there and well . . . lots of different Minecrafts.

Side note - was surprised that Golf with your Friends did not offer local multiplayer.

I've enjoyed the time I've spent playing Dungeons so far.  I think another expansion is coming out on the 28th.  :) 

It's come a-ways since release and plays better than it did on release, in my opinion.

• Like 3

Week 29

Top games

1. Borderlands 3 (Xbox Series X) - 1320 min. (#9)
2. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 1282 min.
3. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 812 min. (#1)
4. Minecraft for Windows 10 (PC) - 492 min.
5. Doom Classic II: Earthless Prelude (Switch) - 365 min.
6. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Xbox One) - 360 min. (#3)
6. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 360 min.
8. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga (PC) - 345 min.
9. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 305 min.
10. Nostalgia (DS) - 275 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox Series X - 2747 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 2280 min. (#1)
3. PS4 - 1489 min.
4. Xbox One - 1392 min. (#3)
5. PC - 893 min. (#4)
6. DS - 275 min. (#8)
7. Vita - 155 min. (#5)
8. Gamecube - 80 min.
9. Wii - 60 min.
10. iOS - 19 min.

Total 9390 minutes and 39 different games on 10 different systems, with 6 different participants.

The top two games this week are 38 minutes apart: Borderlands 3 on the Xbox Series X ahead of Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 on the PS4. While the Switch has no individual game in the top four, it collectively gathers enough minutes to remain in second place, after said Series X.

This week saw a couple fewer participants than usual, but don't sweat if you were late. Post your minutes above and boost the results for next week instead!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whoops, a bit late this week. Been busy, sorry.

PC

Magic: the Gathering Arena (261 min)

RimWorld (764 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (280 min)

Started a new RimWorld game with the Ideology expansion. All of my previous colonies have been helpful and open, so this one is very much not. Scarification ceremonies, sacrificing animals, all the fun stuff, lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Blaster Master Zero finally returns! Started a new save file and I'm almost done with the game. I have the entire trilogy on one cart now. Hopefully I will finish all of them without being distracted Mary Skelter 2 or Summer Pockets REFLECTION BLUE, which will show up in the mail later today, and I've heard that game is pretty long, especially since REFLECTION BLUE is apparently twice as long as regular Summer Pockets is or something.

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 841
Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school ACTIVITY~ Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!! - 6

PC
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - 405

Vita
Ebikore+ Amagami - 40

Memory card seems to be behaving for now. Tentatively but hesitantly un-dropping this game if I have time to put into it. Hopefully my memory card doesn't die.

Switch

Blaster Master Zero - 252

• Like 5

Switch:
Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX+ 68 mins
Sturmwind EX 11 mins
Project Warlock 9 mins

So I ended up having to get a new AV receiver so I could get surround sound from my Switch and then I proceeded to play only games with stereo sound. lol Though I know whenever I do get around to starting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild it should make great use of it.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 4

My times:

Switch:

-KLAUS- - 120 minutes. Finished. Twist is predictable and not very emotionally impactful.

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles- 130 minutes. Sooooo good. Thank goodness these finally got localized.

PSP:

Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast - 15 minutes. Impressive.

DS:

Ys Chronicles - 70 minutes. It’s hardly even Ys anymore. Fun, but still.

Nostalgia - 30 minute. This went on the back burner for a bit.

• Like 3

I was kind of all over the place with Modern Gaming this past week because it was super hard for me to figure out WHAT I wanted to play.  :)  

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 60 minutes

Mario Golf: Super Rush -- 240 minutes

Stardew Valley -- 745 minutes

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town -- 120 minutes

The Pinball Arcade -- 30 minutes

Wargroove -- 120 minutes

For the Switch, it's still been the 'play at bedtime' console for me this last week for the most part. 

I've traded Animal Crossing for Stardew Valley for the most part, thrown in with some Wargroove (starting a new game) and Mario Golf (unlocking club sets for the characters).  I dorked around with Olive Town for a bit since they added more content for the Season Pass holders.

XBox Series X:

Borderlands 3 -- 1080 minutes

Forza Motorsport 7 -- 120 minutes

Microsoft Flight Simulator -- 120 minutes

Minecraft Dungeons -- 420 minutes

The Ascent -- 120 minutes

On the XBox, it was more daytime gaming. 

For MS: FS 2020, I checked it out on GamePass when it released; it is a FANTASTIC game and really well done; it plays AMAZING on the Series X.  The only caveat for me is that in cockpit mode it makes me insanely motion sick (I get carsick/airsick/everythingsick) which also made me kind of sad :)  I was able to manage with the external camera, but it's just not the same.  Since I would have to take medication to enjoy it, I think I'll shelve this one for a while.

I checked out 'The Ascent' on GamePass Saturday, played two hours, uninstalled.  It's a neat ARPG in a cyberpunk-esque world with fantastic visuals, sounds, controls, and setting.  My biggest gripe is that it's HARD for me, difficulty-wise, and too grindy in a way that I wasn't willing to grind.  

On Minecraft Dungeons, I unlocked 'The End' through the DLC and dorked with that for a while this week.  I also managed to gear high enough that I could actually do some of the levels on 'Adventure' (the second) difficulty setting.

• Like 4

Xbox Series X
MLB The Show 21: 479 minutes

Microsoft Flight Simulator: 183 minutes

Xbox One

PGA Tour 2K21: 215 minutes

iOS

Pop! Blitz: 6 minutes

The PUBG crew wasn't available & until Friday night, I didn't have much to do in MLB The Show. That will most likely bump up to usual numbers this week.

I managed to find my current home & my favorite childhood home on Flight Sim, which blew my mind. I'm still kind of overwhelmed with the options/controls but definitely something I want to dive into more (eventually).

• Like 4

Not much to report this week! A bit of Doom 3, a little Aliens, and... uhhh... one game of Galaga? Yeah, that's pretty much it! :lol:

Ineligible
Aliens (Arcade) - 47 minutes
Galaga (Arcade) - 6 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Doom 3 - 405 minutes

458 minutes (7 hours 38 minutes) [405 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 405 minutes
Arcade: 53 minutes

• Like 4

PC

Magic: the Gathering Arena (971 min)

RimWorld (698 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (395 min)

In on time this week *golf clap*

MTG has kinda dug its claws in me. I made what I thought was a decent White/Black singleton deck for the current Yawning Portal event and went 30-13 over all the runs I made in that, so that was fun. The final game on Sunday, I was playing against a White/Green deck, and I was down in life 45-2, and then about 10 turns later, I won 45 to -3. Almost felt bad for the other player, lol.

The RimWorld game went sideways, as RW games do. Being jerks bit me in the backside. So now I've got a new free love nudist desert colony called Sunsout Bunsout, because I'm actually 12.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Week 30

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 1462 min.
2. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 1232 min.
3. Borderlands 3 (Xbox Series X) - 1080 min. (#1)
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 841 min. (#2)
5. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 745 min. (#6)
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 675 min.
7. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 479 min. (#3)
8. Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox Series X) - 420 min.
9. Doom 3 (Switch) - 405 min.
9. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga (PC) - 405 min. (#8)

Top systems

1. PC - 3477 min. (#5)
2. Xbox Series X - 2522 min. (#1)
3. Switch - 2310 min. (#2)
4. PS4 - 847 min. (#3)
5. Oculus Quest - 675 min.
6. Xbox One - 455 min. (#4)
7. DS - 100 min. (#6)
8. Vita - 40 min. (#7)
9. PSP - 15 min.
10. iOS - 6 min.

Total 10447 minutes and 33 different games on 10 different systems, with 8 different participants.

Sorry for the somewhat late stats, but it should've given everyone time to post.

With some carry over from last week, the top two most played this week are on the PC, in form of RimWorld and Magic the Gathering Arena. Without the carry over, Borderlands 3 on the Xbox Series X still is in third place. The same can be said about the systems side, where the PC dominates followed by the Series X and Switch in strong third place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On the modern side I will add

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (2021) for PC - 70 minutes

Pokemon Ultra Moon for 3DS - 30 minutes

People have some complaints about the FF1 2 and 3 Pixel remasters but with a Logitech controller on PC with full screen I think it plays nicely. If you don't go in expecting it to be Origins, Dawn of Souls or the PSP port it's decent. So far I've only gotten into Final Fantasy 1. Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster and Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster will get their own entries later.

I had some time to level up my Pokemon on the bus today. My starter Primarina is level 70 so just a few levels are needed for the other five.

• Like 6