IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

So guess where my time was spent in Modern Gaming, lol.  Stats below:

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons  -- 240 minutes

Horizon Chase Turbo -- 30 minutes

Spelunky -- 480 minutes

Stardew Valley -- 780 minutes

No big crazy times for the Switch since this week it's relegated to 'bedtime' console while I watched a movie with Mrs. Digdug. 

Spelunky released this past week for the Switch so I spent a good bit of time reacquainting myself with dying over and over.  Inspired by a conversation on Discord, I threw in my Horizon Chase Turbo cart on my Lite and played that for a few before making dinner one evening.  Otherwise, plodding along on my farm in Stardew and pulling weeds in Animal Crossing.

XBox Series X:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age -- 2835 minutes

I had posted last week I was starting this up since it's available on GamePass and I'm kind of Borderlands-ed out.  Having finished it on the Switch, it was neat to see that this game is on GamePass!  I do hate that every time I want to put this on a tracker I have to look the dumb name up online since Square-Enix gave it a stupid long one.

I feel like I'm having more fun playing through it on the XBox than on the Switch, but it's likely due to me having playing through it so I know a bit what to expect.  Sylvando, bless his heart, I love his character, but there's a certain bit that happens later in the game that is tedious as heck with him.  Other than that, it's been a lot of fun replaying.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Wii:

Boom Blox - 15 minutes. This is going to be one of those games that middle aged people in fifteen years will be racking their brains to remember. It’s weird, but it’s also kind of generic, but it’s also quite fun.

Boom Blox is the greatest game that nobody talks about.  It is like a Katamari Damacy that nobody can remember.  I love it and still pull it out every so often.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, wongojack said:

PC

Hades 152 

Nowhere Prophet 82 

Pinball Arcade 166 

XOne 

Fallout 4 136 

Mass Effect Legendary Edition 590 

Stranger Things 3: The Game 363 

aha, I see Pinball Arcade on there!  You have a favorite table? :)  Mrs. Digdug is currently playing Fallout 4 as we speak; I picked up a digital combo pack of Fallout 4/Skyrim a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

PC

Hero Realms (592 min)

Lumines Remastered (44 min)

Magic: the Gathering Arena (320 min)

Rimworld (747 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (337 min)

I'll do my best to post Monday, it was a bit crazy early last week.

The RW campaign continues.  I've managed to avoid any deaths so far, which surprises me considering the lack of armor worn by the colonists, but I've lost some body parts. One person had to have both kidneys replaced with synthetic versions. I left off with a countdown to oncoming mechanoids that, for some reason, want to kill a corgi named Conan that I'm currently dogsitting...

I've actually never played a Lumines game before, so that was fun. And hectic. Hero Realms is fun, but it is defiantly still in beta. My lvl 4 power I acquired for my Thief deck doesn't work properly most of the time, which is aggravating.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, digdugnate said:

aha, I see Pinball Arcade on there!  You have a favorite table? :)  Mrs. Digdug is currently playing Fallout 4 as we speak; I picked up a digital combo pack of Fallout 4/Skyrim a few weeks ago.

Do I have a favorite . . . great question but perhaps impossible for me to answer.

I've played the FarSight studios games on multiple different platforms and had a good time with them all.  I wasn't really someone who understood how to play pinball before FarSight gave me instructions and unlimited tries, so I kinda owe them a lot.  I have really great memories of playing their versions of Space Shuttle and Sorcerer.  Space Shuttle may have been the first table where I ever achieved all the "wizard" goals and Sorcerer had a specifically challenging set of goals that, with much practice, I was able to achieve - felt like quite an accomplishment.  Honorable mention to World Cup Soccer which is the only table I have purchased individually, and I absolutely love it in real life.  The FarSight version is pretty great, but I think it is actually a bit harder than the real table.

AND Fallout 4 - I dunno.  My wife has played this A LOT and I've given it a go a few times.  Each time I play it, I am sorta convinced that it is the best Bethesda RPG to skip.  I have other games of theirs in my backlog . . . but there are some nice things in F4.

• Like 3

Apologies for the late submission, I was feeling pretty under the weather yesterday. In any case, here's my household's times for this past week :)

Ineligible

Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis) - 17 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Monopoly - 225 minutes

Quake - 1,045 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,287 minutes (21 hours 27 minutes) [1,270 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,270 minutes

Sega Genesis: 17 minutes

• Like 5

Week 34

Top games

1. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Xbox Series X) - 2835 min.
2. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - 1454 min.
3. RimWorld (PC) - 1418 min.
4. Quake (Switch) - 1045 min. (#8)
5. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 939 min.
6. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 780 min. (#3)
7. Hero Realms (PC) - 743 min.
8. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 632 min. (#5)
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 625 min.
10. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Xbox One) - 590 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 3544 min. (#5)
2. Xbox Series X - 3467 min. (#1)
3. Switch - 2800 min. (#2)
4. PS4 - 1542 min. (#4)
5. Xbox One - 1213 min. (#3)
6. Oculus Quest - 625 min.
7. Wii - 125 min.
8. PS3 - 120 min.
10. GBA - 90 min.
10. Gamecube - 90 min.

Total 13666 minutes and 31 different games on 12 different systems, with 8 participants.

Brand new to the tracker, Dragon Quest XI S marches straight into first place, almost double the amount of minutes as second placed old-timers Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale and RimWorld. Partly due to rollover from previous week, the PC becomes the most played system though only by a margin of 77 minutes ahead of the Xbox Series X.

While the total number of minutes is high, it is only third highest this season after the extended/rollover week #01 and the magnificent week #07.

I'll try to delay the stats a little, at least to Tuesdays around 8 PM CET which would be 2 PM EST or 11 AM PST. I could also delay it all the way to Thursday at the same clock to allow everyone with a busy schedule at the beginning of the week to post without having to rollover minutes across weeks. Or I could ask an admin for editing rights so I can amend stats afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

Do I have a favorite . . . great question but perhaps impossible for me to answer.

I've played the FarSight studios games on multiple different platforms and had a good time with them all.  I wasn't really someone who understood how to play pinball before FarSight gave me instructions and unlimited tries, so I kinda owe them a lot.  I have really great memories of playing their versions of Space Shuttle and Sorcerer.  Space Shuttle may have been the first table where I ever achieved all the "wizard" goals and Sorcerer had a specifically challenging set of goals that, with much practice, I was able to achieve - felt like quite an accomplishment.  Honorable mention to World Cup Soccer which is the only table I have purchased individually, and I absolutely love it in real life.  The FarSight version is pretty great, but I think it is actually a bit harder than the real table.

AND Fallout 4 - I dunno.  My wife has played this A LOT and I've given it a go a few times.  Each time I play it, I am sorta convinced that it is the best Bethesda RPG to skip.  I have other games of theirs in my backlog . . . but there are some nice things in F4.

I was a newcomer so to speak to the 'The Pinball Arcade' on Switch, so I bought all the tables that were available to me (couldn't get AC/DC or Star Trek, I think).  I like pretty much all the tables that I have, though I'm the least fond of 'Last Action Hero'.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

I'll try to delay the stats a little, at least to Tuesdays around 8 PM CET which would be 2 PM EST or 11 AM PST. I could also delay it all the way to Thursday at the same clock to allow everyone with a busy schedule at the beginning of the week to post without having to rollover minutes across weeks. Or I could ask an admin for editing rights so I can amend stats afterwards.

I like Tuesdays. I don’t know if I can stand the wait until Thursday :D

• Like 2

PS4
Battle Garegga Rev.2016 - 83
Blue Reflection - 177

Almost done with this game. It's gotten slightly more interesting, but not by much and not enough to salvage the game from being boring as hell.
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 1006

About an hour ago I found an incredibly terrible developer oversight; it's possible to get permanently stuck in this game's final dungeon. You have to go out of your way to do it to the point where it's basically not much of an issue, but it is possible.

• Like 5

Switch:

Kitaria Fables -- 480 minutes

Littlewood -- 720 minutes

Stardew Valley -- 480 minutes

I'm on a 'farming simulation/life simulation' kick this week.  I started a new Stardew farm, picked up Littlewood since Mrs. DD has played it 100+ hours since she bought it, and picked up Kitaria Fables Friday.  

Kitaria Fables has some pretty neat stuff in it, and it's obvious that a lot of care and work was put into the setting.  It's a hybrid ARPG/farming type game.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kitaria-fables-switch/

XBox Series X:

Borderlands 3 -- 120 minutes

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- 660 minutes

Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age -- 1800 minutes

Really not much to add on this front.  Replaying some favorites, I 'finished' DQ11.

• Like 4

Tiny week for gaming here this past week since I've had a friend from out of state visiting, so there hasn't been a ton of time for gaming. I did get in a little bit of Quake on the Switch before he arrived, but since then we've just played a few fighting games on the Neo Geo MVSX machine (Street Fighter II': Champion Edition and The Last Blade 1 & 2) and a game of Monopoly on the Switch. I did convince him to try my all time favorite game Alien: Isolation, but after a couple hours he was just too stressed out by it to continue :lol:

Ineligible

The Last Blade (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 45 minutes

The Last Blade 2 (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 20 minutes

Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Arcade) - 15 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Alien: Isolation - 110 minutes

Monopoly - 125 minutes

Quake - 35 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

350 minutes (5 hours 50 minutes) [270 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 270 minutes

Neo Geo AES/MVS: 65 minutes

Arcade: 15 minutes

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I sympathize with your friend, @Skippy B. Coyote. Aliens vs Predator for the Jag is about as high fidelity a xenomorph experience as my nervous system can handle.

Almost nothing on the modern gaming front here unless you count Duolingo. Я говорю по-русский очень хорошо. Да, конечно.

The one thing was…

GBA

Smashing Drive - 25 minutes. Played it, had fun, marveled at the incredible polygonal graphics of the Blue Rose engine…

3CAB32CB-5FBD-4B24-95C5-CF52DCBC2096.gif.ff3c1071d5e7f744fcd433391f3fce35.gif

then I took it apart because the shell seemed a little funny and it was a COUNTERFEIT! My little game store up north with the dead-on-PriceCharting prices that I buy from anyway to support retro gaming in the community sold me a COUNTERFEIT! I am going to have to start opening cases I get from then more often, though most are obviously vintage. This is like a $15 game, who wasted a repro board on this???

• Like 3

PC

Hero Realms (298 min)

Magic: the Gathering Arena (504 min)

Rimworld (806 min)

Oculus Quest 2

Beat Saber (295 min)

Was forced to upgrade to the OC2 when the retaining bar that holds the top strap to the headset broke. Oculus isn't offering repairs and right to repair isn't quite a thing yet, so, while I was hoping to wait until the next gen to upgrade, I didn't have much choice if I want to keep up with my addict...um, Beat Saber playing. Hooray for planned obsolescence (seriously, I'm surprised that flimsy plastic bar held up as long as it did). At least it happened the same week as the new sku with 128 gb storage was released.

I'm still playing RW, though I came close to calling it, as the mech attacks I mentioned last week happened, and it was ugly. Had a death, and came very close to losing the whole settlement, but I managed to squeak it out.  I had to set up armor racks for my best fighters for when a high tech attack happens. They don't like wearing clothes, but a bit of crankiness beats being riddled with turret slugs...

Hero Realms beta continues, my thief ability still sometimes kinda works right at best, doesn't work at all at worst, but I'm still winning more than losing. 25k games of Star Realms probably helps with that, lol.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Agamon said:

Oculus Quest 2

Beat Saber (295 min)

While I read about the improved specs of the new unit, is this game a version that utilizes these and would not be backwards compatible or should it be filed as Oculus Quest despite you're plying on OQ2? Compare with Xbox Series X which as far as I understand can play Xbox One games and some members keep those apart.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

Week 34

Top games

1. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Xbox Series X) - 1800 min. (#1)
2. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - 1006 min. (#2)
3. RimWorld (PC) - 806 min. (#3)
4. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 746 min. (#8)
5. Littlewood (Switch) - 720 min.
6. Borderlands: The Pre Sequel (Xbox Series X) - 660 min.
7. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 504 min. (#5)
8. Kitaria Fables (Switch) - 480 min.
8. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 480 min. (#6)
10. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 429 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox Series X - 3326 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 1950 min. (#3)
3. PC - 1608 min. (#1)
4. PS4 - 1266 min. (#4)
5. Xbox One - 494 min. (#5)
6. Oculus Quest 1/2 - 295 min. (#6)
7. iOS - 64 min.
8. GBA - 25 min. (#10)

Total 9028 minutes and 21 different games on 8 different systems, with 6 participants.

The top three games from last week - Dragon Quest XI, Mary Skelter Finale and RimWorld remain the same. The systems list sees a few changes with the Xbox Series X in the top. I looked up the OQ2 and found it has improved specs, but that it would seem the same (?) version of Beat Saber runs on both so for the moment being I combined the new entry with the old. Of course I'll split up the versions later on if the demand occurs, or someone plays games that would not be backwards compatible with the earlier device.

In the all-time stats, both MLB The Show 21 and RimWorld enter the 30K rank with 30020 and 30003 minutes respectively. It means a total of 6 games have been played 500 hours or more.

In case anyone was late to post, as always feel free to add your minutes and I'll include them for next week, since the consensus is it's better if one is late than having everyone wait a few days extra.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 12:15 PM, carlsson said:

While I read about the improved specs of the new unit, is this game a version that utilizes these and would not be backwards compatible or should it be filed as Oculus Quest despite you're plying on OQ2? Compare with Xbox Series X which as far as I understand can play Xbox One games and some members keep those apart.

Hmmm. Turning on 120 hz option makes the game more pleasing to the eyes, but I think that's true for apps on the Quest 2 across the board. There are mods that can use the increased processing power of the Q2 to change up the look of the game, but the base game is literally the same, BS doesn't itself do anything different between Quest 1 or 2 (or PC, for that matter) so I'm not sure...

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 2