IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

9 minutes ago, StormSurge said:

Xbox Series X
MLB The Show 21: 587 minutes

Xbox One

PGA 2K21: 401 minutes

PUBG: 499 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Mahjong: 334 minutes

Pop! Blitz: 20 minutes

I am looking forward to diving into Forza 5 this week @digdugnate! Perfect timing, as I pushed my Extra Life gameday(s) to this coming weekend.

Hehe!  I see your Drivatar in the game all the time.  I really do enjoy playing it- there's a ton to do and imo it's a much better game than 4 was.

8 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I'm gonna try and catch you on that game, but I need to put in the hours. ?

Rediscovered Mario Odyssey on Sunday afternoon and kicked myself for not playing more of it when it came out!

Dude, Mario Odyssey is top-tier.  I wasn't going to play another 3D platformer Mario till I saw my son playing it when he got his Switch.  I borrowed his copy and he made me give it back so I wouldn't beat it before him in a couple of weeks, lol.  I had kicked around the idea of starting my Odyssey game over, 'cept some of the later moons are a righteous pain in the butt to get.

I like Black Widow a lot more than Centipede, as it turns out- there's more 'strategy' to it for me and it's easier to push for higher scores even if it's really quick.  (insert whine about how it needs three lives)

• Like 3

Another pretty sizable week of gaming for me this past week! I only played two games, Space Invaders for the Atari 2600 High Score Club and Resident Evil 4 on the Switch, but I had a lotta fun with both. I feel like I did pretty alright in the HSC, with a score of 2,255 in Game 6 of Space Invaders, and after beating Resident Evil 4 once I started a new game with max upgraded weapons and have been enjoying a leisurely second playthrough :)

Ineligible
Space Invaders (Atari 2600) - 100 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil 4 - 1,745 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,845 minutes (30 hours 45 minutes) [1,745 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 1,745 minutes
Atari 2600: 100 minutes

• Like 4

Week 44

Top games

1. Resident Evil 4 (Switch) - 1745 min. (#8)
2. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox Series X) - 1620 min.
3. Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (PS2) - 1143 min.
4. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 974 min. (#1)
5. Sakura Wars (PS4) - 944 min.
6. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 587 min. (#4)
7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Switch) - 570 min.
8. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2) - 513 min.
9. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 499 min. (#3)
10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 420 min.
10. Littlewood (Switch) - 420 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3515 min. (#3)
2. Xbox Series X - 2327 min. (#6)
3. PS2 - 1656 min. (#2)
4. PC - 1347 min. (#1)
5. Xbox One - 967 min. (#4)
6. PS4 - 944 min. (#10)
7. iOS - 513 min. (#7)
8. Browser based - 261 min. (#5)
9. Oculus Quest - 229 min. (#8)
10. Xbox 360 - 118 min. (#9)

Total 11993 minutes and 28 different games on 11 different systems, with 9 participants.

Right past Halloween season, Resident Evil 4 sneaks its way into first place, closely followed by Forza Horizon 5. On the systems list, all in the top 10 from last week remain, though somewhat shifted positions. The Tiny/Micro Arcade for the second week in a row is right outside the list with 116 min, only two minutes from the Xbox 360.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PC
THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON - 6
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 464

I think this game might actually be worse than its prequel. I find I don't really have much motivation to play it much more.

PS4
Blue Reflection - 252
Sakura Wars - 461

It's finally done, and the marathon is over. I'm still not entirely sure of what to think of this game, but I think it's better than V and also probably better than 4, but 4 is backed up by the previous 3 games while this game has to stand alone unless you count its mediocre sequel anime, which I did watch after playing this game. I hope they make a sequel, but I hope they make it better next time. Sega pissed off a lot of fans with this game, which sold worse than Sega wanted according to their own financial statement on their website, and then that mobile game failed miserably and Sega supposedly lost millions of dollars because of it, so I imagine that this series is dead once again, but I hope I'm wrong.

Switch
Shin Megami Tensei V - 925

The game I bought the Switch for in 2017 is finally here! If this game had never existed but nothing else in the world had changed, I would never have bought a Switch until Metroid Dread was announced, as everything else released on the Switch between the announcement of this game and its release was filler. I actually played it for way longer than this, but I died a lot (A LOT) because it's Shin Megami Tensei and because I decided to play it on hard.

• Like 4

Here are the times for this past week (November 8th through 14th) on modern systems...

Browser-based:

Taonga: Island Farm - 292 min. in 12 sessions

Super Zaxxon 2021 - 3 min.

I've continued to play Taonga: Island Farm, adapting my strategy slighly but constantly. Then I've tried Super Zaxxon 2021 which is a modern web remake of Super Zaxxon in Unity. But somehow it misses the boat... the scrolling is slower than in the original version, but it fires a lot of bullets at you making it hard to survive.

• Like 4

Not too much modern gaming for me, unless you count some unconventional choices...

Game Boy Advance:

Pinball Challenge Deluxe - 90 minutes. I went from barely being able to get in at the bottom of the high score table (5MM) for Stones and Bones at the start of the week to, well, this:

86354CCF-4885-45C5-ADFC-B299CC75696E.thumb.jpeg.ffd07abe749bfc4da724b6827ce22215.jpeg

The game is a little ridiculous with the extra balls it hands out. This was a three ball game, I drained four balls through sheer incompetence later on, but once you get going you are racking up millions left and right and nothing resets when you die. I don't know if that holds for the other tables.

Why a screenshot here and not the high score table? Well, the Well playfield feature ate my ball and nothing I tried would tilt or otherwise make it give it up. Alas. I still had three balls left by my count. I probably could have played it all night.

iOS

Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection - 237 minutes. So close to the end, and they're going to make me finish the ones I don't care about first so I have motivation to finish it, I can tell already.

Controversial entries:

Duolingo - 79 minutes. Way down from last week.

Pikmin Bloom - 519 minutes. Did the first Community Day, made a lot of flowers bloom, and earned my medal.

2A323D8E-F8A7-42C4-921D-6FF6859C3079.thumb.png.655e9eb542591273e38dce32fd4d8525.png

A6913B94-76F5-49EF-B5AD-A2BA112DDCE2.thumb.png.45617f2608ddc9b482a81bd6c9f9a90b.png

• Like 3

I played a lot of variety opposed to logging lots of time into just one game mostly. More of it is in the classic section this week.

Diablo II: Resurrected for Switch - 104 minutes

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai for Playstation 2 - 116 minutes

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster for PC - 73 minutes

Progress:

D2R - started a new file for the first time as a Barbarian. Now that I've played the old PC versions of Diablo II already, I should kind of know what to expect. Mostly the same thing with better graphics and different controls to get used to. I'm using an offline repack with Ryujinx so it's bound to be imperfect, but from what I hear the actual release has its own issues with connecting online at times. For now I'm fine with this totally offline fix for single player only to try it out.

DBZ Budokai - started a brand new file. Just playing through story mode on very easy mode to unlock everything. I finished the first run of story mode and just need to do more of the unlocked chapters where you play from other points of view. Most of the time it focuses on what Goku was doing at the time, shifting over to Gohan at the end.

FF1 Pixel - Just started a new game as Fighter, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage with some weird default name choices. I'm going to try playing through this without a guide for once and see if I can figure the whole game out on my own. It should be easier with all the quality of life enhancements. It definitely feels like you level up faster.

(Oh and about my Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance PS2 emulation complaints... I figured out that the emulation has far less issues if you run it in software mode which doesn't try to upscale it in any way. I like the improved graphics of hardware mode better than the fmvs, so I'm pretty sure I'll stick to hardware mode most of the time and hope they improve the bug fixes for that mode. Basically Open GL software mode looks like you're playing PS2 via composite cables on an LCD while Open GL hardware mode looks like you're running it thru component cables, HDMI or playing the OG Xbox version on an Xbox 360 the way that upscales it.)

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 4

Not really much to report specifically, just lots of different games. 

I did spend some time between Animal Crossing and Horizon 5 working on stuff.  I also spent a good chunk of time playing Atari's 'Recharged' series on the Switch.

Nintendo Switch:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 1260 minutes
Black Widow: Recharged - 330 minutes
Centipede: Recharged - 330 minutes
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - 120 minutes
Littlewood - 360 minutes
Missile Command: Recharged - 240 minutes
Tetris Effect: Connected - 120 minutes

Xbox Series X:
Forza Horizon 5 - 1260 minutes
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure - 360 minutes

• Like 3

Xbox Series X

Forza Horizon 5: 1,709 minutes

GTA Vice City DE: 12 minutes

MLB The Show 21: 755 minutes

Xbox One

PUBG: 570 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Mahjong: 191 minutes

Pop! Blitz: 19 minutes

Great timing with FH5 hitting the same week of my Extra Life marathon. I was hoping to play more of Vice City, but FH5 sucked me in big time. Thanks for setting so many high bars for me to chase @digdugnate!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, StormSurge said:

Xbox Series X

Forza Horizon 5: 1,709 minutes

GTA Vice City DE: 12 minutes

MLB The Show 21: 755 minutes

Xbox One

PUBG: 570 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Mahjong: 191 minutes

Pop! Blitz: 19 minutes

Great timing with FH5 hitting the same week of my Extra Life marathon. I was hoping to play more of Vice City, but FH5 sucked me in big time. Thanks for setting so many high bars for me to chase @digdugnate!

Hehe, I aims to please!  I haven't managed to beat some of your Speed Trap speeds.  ;)

That being said, the Rimac Concept Two car is insane for doing the Danger Sign challenges.  I tuned it 'up' using Auto Upgrade and it's just a beast!  https://forza.fandom.com/wiki/Rimac_Concept_Two

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 7:18 AM, jgkspsx said:

Say, do mobile “games” like Duolingo and Pikmin Bloom count? Duolingo has points, and Pikmin has experience and levels and such.

Sorry, I never saw this question. Sure, we've been fairly liberal as long as it comes to some kind of gaming element. I didn't see you posting any minutes for the previous week on these two entries, so if you withheld it for the sake of not knowing if it belongs here, you might add it afterwards (or let it be). I have added the minutes you posted for this week.

• Like 2

PC

Forza Horizon 5 (735 min)

Hero Realms (156 min)

Magic the Gathering Arena (1226 min)

OQ

Beat Saber (341 min)

Jumped into Forza this week. I've played every Forza game since FM3, and they keep getting better, especially the Horizon franchise. The Mexican flavor to this one is cool.

As expected, I spent a bunch of time with Magic. Once Crimson Vow came out, I played a Sealed event, and went 6-3 (definitely bad luck not getting the 7th win, my cards were ridiculous) and then played again and went 0-3 as my cards were not so good.  Updated some decks and built some new ones. Looks like a cool set, who doesn't like vampire weddings?

• Like 4

Not the busiest week for me, but still a good one! I played a bit of Atari 2600 for the High Score Club and logged a little more time in my second playthrough of Resident Evil 4 on the Switch, but the real gaming highlight of the week didn't happen until late Saturday night when I found myself stuck in the ER for a few hours. I had been having some reaaaaaally bad abdominal pain and nausea all day so I went in to get checked out (thankfully it turned out to be nothing serious, just a big IBS flare up or a stomach bug) and since I knew I'd have at least a few hours of sitting around to do I brought my backlit Game Boy Color and EverDrive GB X7 along with. 

Looking for something to play that would make the time pass more quickly I decided to finally get around to playing Pokémon Yellow Version for the first time. It was a real good decision because I've hardly been able to put the game down since then and it's been a real help passing the time in bed the past couple days while I wait to recover from whatever is going on with my insides. So far Yellow is definitely my favorite of the classic Pokémon games, and I may have to try out Crystal after I finish this one! :)

IMG_20211114_024643.thumb.jpg.213ae01882eae1c194c426fc86b90fbe.jpg

Ineligible

Pokémon Yellow Version (Game Boy Color) - 504 minutes

Popeye (Atari 2600) - 67 minutes
Space Invaders (Atari 2600) - 45 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil 4 - 125 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
741 minutes (12 hours 21 minutes)
[125 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Game Boy Color: 504 minutes
Nintendo Switch: 125 minutes
Atari 2600: 112 minutes

• Like 3

Week 45

Top games

1. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox Series X) - 2969 min. (#2)
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 1260 min. (#10)
3. Magic the Gathering Arena (PC) - 1226 min. (#4)
4. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - 925 min.
5. MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X) - 755 min. (#6)
6. Forza Horizon 5 (PC) - 735 min.
7. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 570 min. (#9)
8. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 519 min.
9. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 464 min.
10. Sakura Wars (PS4) - 461 min. (#5)

Top systems

1. Xbox Series X - 4096 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 3999 min. (#1)
3. PC - 2880 min. (#4)
4. iOS - 1045 min. (#7)
5. PS4 - 713 min. (#6)
6. Xbox One - 594 min. (#5)
7. Oculus Quest - 341 min. (#9)
8. Browser based - 295 min. (#8)
9. PS2 - 116 min. (#3)
10. GBA - 90 min.

Total 14248 minutes and 39 different games on 11 different systems, with 10 participants.

Forza Horizon 5 races directly into pole position this week on the Xbox Series X and also has presence on the PC. Animal Crossing and Magic the Gathering Arena put up decent numbers for places 2-3. Systems wise we have a true "4K system" this week as the Series X reaches exactly 4096 minutes, with the Switch only 97 minutes behind.

The total of 14248 minutes makes it the third most active week ever, after the catch-up week #1 in 2021 and week #52 in 2020. For being 6 weeks before Christmas, that is quite a lot of playing and yet the numbers would be even higher as some lowball estimates were included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Blue Reflection is finally over and Blue Reflection TIE/Second Light/whatever is finally back again. Less time than usual this week because I took the time to watch that mediocre Blue Reflection Ray anime, as the devs apparently want you to do that before playing TIE.

PS4
Blue Reflection - 458

IT'S FINALLY OVER! This game is ultra boring. Don't play it. This game had lots of promise, but it fails in basically every way that matters. Interesting premise, nice music, and excellent art direction, but those are the only positive aspects. Game is impossibly easy even on hard, so if you must play it, play it on easy to reduce the amount of time you spend in battle and therefore reduce the amount of time you spend playing it. I also watched its mediocre anime sequel, which was not so great, twice as long as it should be, and it looks super ugly, but it's still more interesting than this game and actually makes me wonder about how the hell the characters from the anime are going to work out in TIE/Second Light.
Blue Reflection TIE - 81

Dropped in favour of PC version. Despite my aversion to digital games and my preference for physical games, I really need to stop buying/playing games on console if there is a PC version.

PC
Blue Reflection: Second Light - 129

Yay, way better framerate than PS4. Graphics don't really seem better and the DOF effect looks a bit too strong in some places compared to PS4, but the increase in framerate alone was worth it and the DOF isn't anywhere near as ridiculous as the PC version of MGS V Ground Zeroes. If you set the game's language to Japanese, it becomes Blue Reflection TIE. Set it to something else and it becomes Second Light. I do wonder how all of the new people from the anime will be incorporated into this game, and it's not really clear how this game, the first game, and the anime are all related to each other, as the anime actually didn't do anything to clarify anything at all, leaving me with more questions than I started it with.

Switch
Metroid Dread - 120

Technically 4 seconds short of 2 hours, but rounding is nice and I round everything to the nearest minute anyway. I finished the playthrough that I started but did not finish last week. I did some super weird glitching this time and ended up doing stuff way out of order. I skipped the tutorial EMMI and 3 of the required bosses, as it turns out that they are not required if you abuse glitches.
Shin Megami Tensei V - 824

Thunderbird makes some really crazy sounds in this game...

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (November 15th through 21st) on modern systems:

Arcade:

Taonga: Island farm - 244 min. in 14 sessions

Another week of playing Taonga: Island farm, again slightly changing the strategy. Now I'm trying to reach $200.000 for buying the next building at the same time as completing the one I'm currently working on. If I'm short on money, I'll produce some goods to sell instead of continuing with the building.

• Like 3