IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2021 (Season 14)

carlsson

15 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

I think it would take me way more than 2 hours to complete that game, but I have never played it through before. Either way I like the fact that you played the game without looking on youtube for those particular items. I am trying to do that with Tomb Raider right now, as for I am stuck on the 3rd level and can't find where to go.

Also Hellfire and Truxton look like really good shooters.

Metroid games are always really short except for Prime 1, 2, and I'm assuming 3, which I still have yet to finish. I played it at the beginning of the year/end of last year, but I dropped it again after like 2 or 3 hours. Anyway, they are all really short, especially once you learn the movement options that they give you. Hellfire and Truxton are good, but apparently they broke the music in the console release of Tatsujin/Truxton, so apparently the arcade version is the one to play. Tatsujin is also supposedly way more difficult than Truxton, as well, so if you want something more difficult, be sure to play that version instead. I think Toaplan made the international versions of most of their games easier in general.

So, Thunder Force. We talked about Thunder Force a while ago. It's coming back this week again. A LOT of Thunder Force will show up here on Monday. I did some research since I got bored and it seems that I was wrong when I said to skip the Saturn versions, as these are apparently the definitive releases of all of these games except maybe AC. Sega Ages Thunder Force AC might be the best release of that game (I'm not exactly sure where to put that one, as it's exclusive to the Switch and has 3 new ships that are not present in any other release of the game... but it's still basically an official ROM hack in an emulator, so I suppose it will show up here instead of modern), but for III and IV, yeah, play the Saturn versions.

Warning: Saturn version of Thunder Force IV is by far the single most difficult version of the game. The Japanese MD version of Thunder Force IV is already more difficult than the NA or PAL versions, as it seems they reduced boss HP by a substantial amount and altered some enemy behaviour to make the game easier in those versions, and the Saturn version is the Japanese version but without any of the slowdown, which makes the game considerably more difficult. Highly recommended! I think I'm quickly changing my mind about preferring Thunder Force III over Thunder Force IV, but Thunder Force V on the Saturn is awesome and not to be missed either!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 3

I have been laying around a lot this week, and handheld emulation gaming has been a big boon.

Jaguar:

Space War 2000 - 15 minutes

Arena Football ‘95 - 20 minutes

Genesis:

Summer Challenge - 15 minutes (Evercade)

Greatest Heavyweights - 20 minutes (actual hardware/cartridge)

Monster World IV - 80 minutes (Xbox 360)

Game Gear:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap - 25 minutes (FunKeyS)

SNES:

Earth Defense Force - 30 minutes (Evercade)

The Ignition Factor - 15 minutes (Evercade)

Top Gear/Racer 2 - 15 minutes (Evercade)

Psycho Dream - 25 minutes (Switch)

NES:

Recca Summer Carnival ‘92 - 20 minutes (3DS)

Astyanax - 20 minutes (Evercade)

Totally Rad - 15 minutes (Evercade)

Eliminator Boat Duel - 15 minutes (Evercade)

City Connection - 150 minutes (Evercade/3DS/Switch)

No, not a typo. I became determined to figure out how this crazy game works and dammit I rolled the score over (thanks to ample use of rewind on the Switch emulator). I still died hundreds of times due to my car not doing what I thought I made it do.

Arcade:

Super Hang On - 50 minutes (Xbox 360/3DS)

Game.com:

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 15 minutes (very nice art but the screen just can’t handle it; typically low frame rate. I need to try some of these on an emulator and see how playable they are screen notwithstanding.)

Centipede - 15 minutes (screen blur wrecks what is otherwise a very solid conversion)

Frogger - 20 minutes (this is a perfect fit for the game.com)

Henry - 15 minutes

Lights Out - 10 minutes

Solitaire - 10 minutes

(okay, these last three are really the perfect fits for the game.com)

R-Zone:

Indy 500 - 25 minutes (I can stay in first place for most of a race and then finish 20th...)

Batman Forever - 30 minutes (after reading the manual twice I still cannot finish the first level and get to the very impressive looking car levels)

Virtua Cop - 35 minutes (perfectly fine except that difficulty curve is way out of whack. First two/three levels are achingly boring and then all of a sudden everything is crazy with hostages and criminals everywhere, and no level select. Argh.)

• Like 4

Just the one game for me again this week...

PS1

Suikoden 2 - 605 min (Just up to the part where "The Hero" becomes the leader of the Liberation Army.  Found out that the character who I thought I missed permanently can be recruited at a different town later in the game.)

• Like 4

So on Thursday I said that there would be a lot of Thunder Force showing up...

but did you expect 18 hours of Thunder Force?

I have a lot to say about Thunder Force, so let's get the other stuff out of the way first.

Game Gear
GG Aleste 3 - 35

This game is awesome. Play it.

FC
Akumajou Densetsu - 69

Saturn
Magic Knight Rayearth - 284

Here it is, the legendary $1500 Saturn game, which I bought this week for 1500 yen. Trust me, 1500 yen is a much better reflection of this game's quality than $1500 is. The game's okay at best, but nothing more. It's one of those games where you spend most of your time wandering around in towns without any idea of what you are supposed to do until you talk to a specific generic NPC who looks like every other generic NPC in the game, who will then tell you where you are supposed to go. Sometimes there are non-generic NPCs to talk to as well, though. Anyway, don't pay $1000+ for this thing.
Thunder Force II MD - 43

I wish they had ported the original and superior X68000 Thunder Force II (which has never been rereleased) instead of the inferior Thunder Force II MD, but it's over 20 years too late to complain about it now.
Thunder Force III - 31

Nothing was added to this version of the game, so it's just like the original version; fly Styx and blow stuff up. Excellent music, extremely fun, and ultra easy, so if you want to get into shooting games but don't want to be overwhelmed by difficult stuff, this is where you should start.
Thunder Force IV - 411

Alright, so I finally beat Thunder Force IV on the Saturn (after the original Japanese MD version, as noted below, and after A LOT of practice, as you can see). This game is definitely not easy and the Saturn version is even harder. They added Styx in this version, and I somehow managed to 1CC the game with Styx on my first attempt using Styx! Styx is kind of super broken in this game, though, so that's probably why. This is the Styx mass production model that shows up halfway through the game as an allied support ship that delivers the Thunder Sword to Rynex. Hold L or R to spin the CLAWs really fast to greatly increase the chances that they will block enemy shots or destroy enemies with your thruster's flame when changing speed.
Thunder Force V - 124
This was the third Saturn game that I bought/played; I got the Thunder Force Gold Packs before this, making this my first actual Saturn game. Although it's not mentioned anywhere in the game or its box or manual, Thunder Force V does have support for the Saturn's analog controller, so be sure to use it for analog movement! I still find this game a bit awkward to play because of the way enemies enter the screen from the background sometimes, which makes it difficult to know when certain enemies can and can't hurt you. Still a great game and worth playing, though.
Thunder Force AC - 86

I played this on a real PCB in a real Astro City last summer. The arcade PCB did not have autofire, but the Saturn version does, making this version of the game easier than Thunder Force III.

Arcade
Thunder Force AC - 237

212 minutes on the Switch Sega Ages release and 25 minutes on the Astro City Mini, which I feel has some noticeable input lag that the Saturn and Switch versions do not. Switch version adds 3 new ships from Thunder Force IV: the mass production model of the Styx with the fast-spinning CLAWs and enemy-killing thrusters, Rynex, and Rynex with the Thunder Sword. The Thunder Sword is extremely fun and insta-kills the first boss with only 1 hit.

SFC/SNES
Thunder Spirits - 49

lol this port of Thunder Force AC is terrible. Don't play it.

MD/Genesis
Thunder Force IV - 104

I DID IT! I beat Thunder Force IV for the first time, and I did it on the super awkward Mega Jet! Yes, this version is WAY easier than the Saturn version, so play the Saturn version instead if you hate yourself or want to make this already difficult game even more challenging. I believe that playing the more difficult Saturn version so much was what prepared me to finish this version, and in turn, finishing this version was what allowed me to finish the Saturn version, get Styx, and then 1CC the game with Styx on my first try.

I want to clear something up about Thunder Force Gold Pack 2; in various places online, you'll see people saying that you need to 1CC Thunder Force IV with Rynex to unlock Styx, but that is absolutely not true. I used 2 continues and still got Styx, so don't worry about not being able to 1CC the game with Rynex if you want Styx.

• Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (April 5th through 11th) on classic systems:

Arcade:

Klax - 6 min.

Popeye - 23 min.

Commodore 64:

Legend of the Amazon Women (UK version, see below)... 203 min. in 6 sessions

This week I downloaded a different version of "Legend of the Amazon Women" because the old version I played crashed every now and then. However, the new version was different to the old one in more ways I thought it would be. It starts with the visual representation. Here's the old version:

378269821_AmazonWomenUS.PNG.e6fbece25abdb8a4d55ccef7d4d5088e.PNG

And this is the new version:

1226630349_AmazonWomenUK.PNG.48bafa63c1f657618068c46c603424a9.PNG

Apart from the visual differences, the new version has quite a few gameplay differences over the old one, with the obvious ones being:

- The timer counts down much slower and from 4:00 instead of 10:00

- The arrows are much more sparse and slower.

- You only get a tenth of the points

- You can't start an attack on your enemy while you're in the walking animation cycle. This has an effect on which type of attack you can start which will hit your enemy after the cycle is completed.

- There is no music

- It isn't likely to crash.

- If you die by your health meter running out, the timer is reset to the starting time.

These changes make the C-64 version more similar to the ZX Spectrum version. The pace seems to be more relaxed, and the gameplay concentrates more on the actual fighting rather than on dodging arrows. However, the game seems to be harder because you don't get as many extra lives.

Due to those differences, I actually think the versions should be kept separate from each other when entering the tracker, but the question is what the labels for them would be. One hint is the US address appearing in the title screen of the first version whereas the second version was distributed by the UK company U.S. Gold and later by Mastertronic, also from the UK. Thus I would call the first version the US version and the second one the UK version, though I don't know if that's really the differentiating factor. What puzzles me is that the 2nd version actually removes the music present in the 1st version, but maybe this was done because the music routine tended to crash.

Does anyone have an explanation about what's going on with those two versions?

Other than that, I also replayed the arcade versions of Popeye and Klax, but didn't get particularly far in them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kurt_Woloch said:

Does anyone have an explanation about what's going on with those two versions?

Not sure. I had a look at Retrocollector. Their users have 6 different versions posted:

Aackosoft tape release (The Netherlands, 1986)

Eaglesoft tape release (Europe, 1986), appears to be a re-release of the Aackosoft one

American Action tape release (Scandinavia, 1986)

Mastertronic budget tape release (Europe, 1987)

US Gold tape release (Germany, 1986)

US Gold tape release (Europe, unknown year)

Note that Aackosoft/Eaglesoft had one cover art, US Gold had another, American Action a third one and Mastertronic a fourth.

One of the user comments on Lemon64 suggests that SilverTime may have released this earlier than 1986 in the US, but I didn't find any evidence of that plus that the loading screen says 1986. Quite possibly the second version you found represents the Mastertronic budget release from 1987, and that perhaps the game was redone with removed music, changed timers and gameplay etc.

• Like 4

Another pretty active week for gaming around here this past week, with a big return to the Switch for me after a month or so of retro gaming. The game that drew me back in was the recently released Pac-Man 99, and holy heck what a fun game that is! It took a few hours of practice and figuring out all the game mechanics but I'm taking first place about one out of every 3 or 4 games now and just having a ton of fun playing it. It's by far the most enjoyable and addictive battle royale style game I've ever played, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with the Switch! I also got back into Animal Crossing: New Horizons after a good 6 month absence, which has been really nice to pick up and play again. As far as retro gaming goes I just played a buncha different games on the MVSX whenever I had a few minutes here and there. A few Pac-Man variants, some Space Invaders, a handful of levels in Splatterhouse, and (what the machine was actually intended for) quite a few Neo Geo games as well. I tried Windjammers for the first time this past week and for what amounts to a relatively simple pong/tennis type game it was incredibly fun and engrossing! I sunk a good hour and a half into it before finally beating the game, and I'm sure I'll return to play it again many more times in the future. As far as the misses' gaming time this past week went, aside from a couple games of Pac-Man she focused all her gaming time on Castlevania: Symphony for the Night on the PlayStation and is about halfway done with the game at this point I think. 

Now that I've finished this week's gaming wrap up, time to get back to Pac-Man 99! :D

EycSh0GWgAASvwF.thumb.jpeg.b80fa005bb26bc6b711e07d44285674e.jpeg

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 650 minutes

Pac-Man 99 - 215 minutes

Arcade

Pac-Man - 28 minutes

Pac-Mania - 15 minutes 

Pac-Man Plus - 28 minutes

Space Invaders DX - 22 minutes

Splatterhouse - 42 minutes

Neo Geo MVS/AES

Cyber-Lip - 10 minutes

Neo Turf Masters - 8 minutes

Samurai Shodown II - 61 minutes

Windjammers - 90 minutes

PlayStation

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 338 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,507 minutes (25 hours 7 minutes) [642 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 865 minutes

PlayStation: 338 minutes

Neo Geo MVS/AES: 169 minutes

Arcade: 135 minutes

• Like 4

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

Do you have any estimates of times? I can put you down for a few minutes each, but the more precise, the better.

Oh, derp, should've mentioned that :grin:

Both versions of Qix got around 20 minutes each.  Robbo clocked in at just under an hour - call it 50 minutes.

• Like 4

Here are my retro times for the week, I played allot of Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse while doing some other work at the same time, so  those minutes are  a rough estimate.

Atari 2600

Demon Attack                         -      -50 Minutes              This game is so fun to just be able to pick up and play for quick moments at a time, although I can't seem to surpass my high score.

NES

Castlevania                                     -20 Minutes            Castlevania will forever be one of my favorite games, and a really difficult one at that. In my opinion its not as difficult as Castlevania 3, but the Grim Reaper and Dracula will always be challenging to me.

Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse        -605 Minutes          This game is a classic and I was able to go through  two different routes of this game. I like to use save states because if I don't, the game can be really difficult and anxiety inducing at certain times.. An interesting note is after you beat the game, it gets even more difficult with new enemies spawning in different areas of the game. My favorite new enemy was the medusa head replacement, which are now skull heads that fly around and are really difficult to avoid.

Galaga                                            -20 Minutes              I think this is my favorite shooter on the NES. This game got me thinking about how back in the day when playing arcade games,  there were no pause button and how it would have made it even more difficult to play for long periods of time.

Ghosts' N Goblins                           -25 Minutes This is a great side scrolling action game for the NES, and is in contention to be my favorite game on the system. It's a toss up between this and the Castlevania Games.

Turbo Grafx 16

Final Soldier                                    -25 Minutes I would definitely recommend this game if you can get a chance to play this shooter. The music is great, the weapons are really interesting, and the game is definitely difficult.

PS1

Tomb Raider                                  -150 Minutes I am really enjoying playing this game, and although the controls are not perfect, the game is really fun. I think I would put this game in the category of Adventure/Exploration with action/shooting elements in some parts of the game, but it might be to early to tell. Either way it is really fun to explore the giant levels in this game, but I didn't realize the amount of time it would take me find certain areas in this game.

• Like 5

On 4/7/2021 at 1:47 PM, carlsson said:

Activision was formed on October 1, 1979 by four former Atari employees who were upset how Atari treated them. These four were David Crane (16 games), Alan Miller, Bob Whitehead and Jim Levy. Later on, Garry (7 games) and Dan Kitchen (9 games) also worked on making games for Activision.

Now quite recently, a new company called Audacity Games was formed, consisting of David Crane and the brothers Dan and Garry Kitchen. So far they have released one brand new cartridge game for the Atari 2600 - Circus Convoy. A second game, Casey's Gold is planned to be released soon.

Thus my reference to that Circus Convoy by David Crane & Garry Kitchen was 20 minutes behind Kaboom! by David Crane & Larry Kaplan, though released 40 years apart.

That is interesting to know that the Audacity Games company was formed, and are creating new cartridge based Atari 2600 games. Thank you for that information, and as always thanks for taking the time to add up the minutes for the week.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:45 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Metroid games are always really short except for Prime 1, 2, and I'm assuming 3, which I still have yet to finish. I played it at the beginning of the year/end of last year, but I dropped it again after like 2 or 3 hours. Anyway, they are all really short, especially once you learn the movement options that they give you. Hellfire and Truxton are good, but apparently they broke the music in the console release of Tatsujin/Truxton, so apparently the arcade version is the one to play. Tatsujin is also supposedly way more difficult than Truxton, as well, so if you want something more difficult, be sure to play that version instead. I think Toaplan made the international versions of most of their games easier in general.

So, Thunder Force. We talked about Thunder Force a while ago. It's coming back this week again. A LOT of Thunder Force will show up here on Monday. I did some research since I got bored and it seems that I was wrong when I said to skip the Saturn versions, as these are apparently the definitive releases of all of these games except maybe AC. Sega Ages Thunder Force AC might be the best release of that game (I'm not exactly sure where to put that one, as it's exclusive to the Switch and has 3 new ships that are not present in any other release of the game... but it's still basically an official ROM hack in an emulator, so I suppose it will show up here instead of modern), but for III and IV, yeah, play the Saturn versions.

Warning: Saturn version of Thunder Force IV is by far the single most difficult version of the game. The Japanese MD version of Thunder Force IV is already more difficult than the NA or PAL versions, as it seems they reduced boss HP by a substantial amount and altered some enemy behaviour to make the game easier in those versions, and the Saturn version is the Japanese version but without any of the slowdown, which makes the game considerably more difficult. Highly recommended! I think I'm quickly changing my mind about preferring Thunder Force III over Thunder Force IV, but Thunder Force V on the Saturn is awesome and not to be missed either!

Its funny that you said Metroid games are short, because the SNES one looks like it would take me a long while to complete, but I need to give it a go. I think I can only play the non arcade versions of Hellfire and Truxton, and its too bad they messed up on the music: an aspect that I am really starting to like in games just as much as the game itself.

I think I will try out the Thunder Force series on the Sega Genesis first, but hopefully one day I can move on to the other versions of the game because they look really fun/difficult to play. If the Saturn version is the most difficult, hopefully one day I can attain that version because I like to play difficult games. I would most likely use save states to help reduce the anxiety they cause from the repetition of playing certain areas over and over again.

7 hours ago, wongojack said:

Beamrider

Demon Attack

This looks like a fun version of the game, but I'm not to big of a fan of the sound effects. I guess for some reason just like with most of the Atari games I play, I like to listen to my own music while playing them. I also forgot to ask you, did you enjoy playing Demon Attack on the Intellivision last week? The reason I ask is because I remember you saying you didn't like Xevious because the enemies seem to avoid you at all costs. I know its not to that extent in Demon Attack, especially it being single screen, but I feel as though the enemies try to avoid you as well.

10 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

I made it to Rack 70 on Solar Fox which is the furthest I have ever gone.

Congratulations on your achievement. I am going to try to put in some time this week on Solar Fox, and I'll be lucky to get past level 15.

8 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Splatterhouse

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 338 minutes

I don't think I've ever seen this version of the game. The sound seems like it is better in this version than the TurboGrafx 16 in my opinion.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a great game, and hopefully one day I will finish it. Did you complete it in that amount of time?

20 hours ago, agb said:

Kaboom 86. No good scores. 

That sounds like me with the regular version of Kaboom. One day I would really like to play it with the Atari Joysticks.

Edited by Nintendo64
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nintendo64 said:

I also forgot to ask you, did you enjoy playing Demon Attack on the Intellivision last week? The reason I ask is because I remember you saying you didn't like Xevious because the enemies seem to avoid you at all costs. I know its not to that extent in Demon Attack, especially it being single screen, but I feel as though the enemies try to avoid you as well.

You have a good memory!

I like the Intellivision version of Demon Attack, but even though it is a bit more basic, I kinda prefer the 2600 version.  Inty Demon Attack has different enemy patterns (that are not annoying) and it even has a mothership boss stage, but the 2600 version controls a bit more precisely, and I think it is just a slightly better experience.  Still, if you like Demon Attack, you should seek out and play the Inty version (and the Odyssey 2 version).  None of those seem to be as deliberatly annoying as Xevious.  At least not to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

Its funny that you said Metroid games are short, because the SNES one looks like it would take me a long while to complete, but I need to give it a go. I think I can only play the non arcade versions of Hellfire and Truxton, and its too bad they messed up on the music: an aspect that I am really starting to like in games just as much as the game itself.

I think I will try out the Thunder Force series on the Sega Genesis first, but hopefully one day I can move on to the other versions of the game because they look really fun/difficult to play. If the Saturn version is the most difficult, hopefully one day I can attain that version because I like to play difficult games. I would most likely use save states to help reduce the anxiety they cause from the repetition of playing certain areas over and over again.

I wonder how many times the words "Thunder Force" are going to show up on this page...

Anyway, yes, most Metroid games are extremely short, and using your skills from practicing all of the fun tricks that you will learn to go even faster  and get a faster time and a better ending is the best thing about Metroid. You can really move through the games extremely quickly once you practice enough.

If you like video game music and want to play Thunder Force, make sure to get the Thunder Force Gold Packs on the Saturn, especially Gold Pack 1, as that has Red Book audio for the entire soundtracks of II MD and III, and Thunder Force V Special Pack, which includes Best of Thunder Force, which has 1 hour and 14 minutes of awesome Thunder Force music done by the dude who did the OST for Thunder Force V. Gold Pack 2 does not use Red Book audio unfortunately, but there are 2 bonus tracks on the disc.

As for the games themselves, I do recommend starting with III. It's the most accessible Thunder Force game since it was released on a system that many people have and it's been rereleased on a few common platforms and compilations like the Genesis/MD Mini. AC is easier than III with the autofire on Saturn and Switch, but I don't trust MAME to play it (or anything else, for that matter) properly, so it might be awkward to play it unless you have a Switch or a Saturn or the original arcade PCB (which is rare and expensive).

IV is ridiculously hard compared to III and will kill you many, MANY times at first, but IV is overall a better game than III is. I got all the way up to stage 8 yesterday morning on the Saturn without dying somehow, but the boss killed me. Still managed to easily 1CC the game, though. I spend hours resetting immediately when I die, as I really need to make it all the way to stage 6 without dying, or at least with both Hunter and Free Way. Stage 4 Daser is easily the hardest stage in the game, partially because it has the hardest boss by far, so if you can kill Fomalhaut without losing all of your weapons, you're basically good for the rest of the game, but stage 8 is a close second place for difficulty. I suppose you can play stage 4 first to kill Fomalhaut early and then coast until stage 8, but fighting Fomalhaut without Hunter is not something that I enjoy thinking about. I think there is a Free Way on Daser, so that would help a bit, but I think Hunter is the best weapon to use there, especially as Hunter makes the stage mostly trivial except for when I do something dumb like get killed by the annoying miniboss and lose Hunter.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 3

Atari STe:
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge STe - 20 min

PC Windows 95:

The Need for Speed - 20 min.

Sega Saturn:

Virtua Racing - 30 min.

Played the new port of Lotus Esprit to the STe. Also replaced the L/R switches for the Saturn retro-bit wireless controller that broke a few months ago. May go back to playing Grandia next week.

• Like 6

Before I forget to post, I'll just do it right in the middle of the week...

NES:

Super Mario Bros.: 25 min

Tetris:10 min

Both with my 6-year-old.

C64:

The Isle of the Cursed Prophet: 350 min

An interesting new game from 2020, published by Psytronic. Sort of a simplified Zelda-ish action adventure game/fetch quest with a dark theme and nice cutscenes at the beginning and at the ending. Very beautiful, elaborate manual with map included - which I recommend you use a lot to write notes onto if you play it. Some fun "translate the sectre code" puzzles to solve in the manual for hints. All in all I had fun. It ain't no rocket science to beat it, it can get redundant, but the presentation, controls etc. are good. I bought the digital version and played it in VICE. Definetly not a waste of money.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, karokoenig said:

C64:

The Isle of the Cursed Prophet: 350 min

An interesting new game from 2020, published by Psytronic. Sort of a simplified Zelda-ish action adventure game/fetch quest with a dark theme and nice cutscenes at the beginning and at the ending. Very beautiful, elaborate manual with map included - which I recommend you use a lot to write notes onto if you play it. Some fun "translate the sectre code" puzzles to solve in the manual for hints. All in all I had fun. It ain't no rocket science to beat it, it can get redundant, but the presentation, controls etc. are good. I bought the digital version and played it in VICE. Definetly not a waste of money.

I don't buy a lot of the Psytronic games but this one really looked interesting to me.  I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.  I may give it a shot.

• Like 2