IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2021 (Season 14)

carlsson

Here are my times for this past week of gaming (July 26th through August 1st) on classic systems:

Arcade:

Hyper Sports - 7 min.

Jr. Pac-Man - 516 min. in 22 sessions

Splash! - 11 min.

Tetris (Atari Games) - 11 min.

Commodore 64:

Lady-Pac - 7 min.

This time I played a LOT of Jr. Pac-Man due to the fact that I'm off from work for this and the next two weeks. In some instances I managed to complete the 4th maze and advance to the 5th one. Besides that, I also played some more games for short sessions... Hyper Sports where I again didn't make the Triple Jump, Splash! where I also only made a few rounds, and the Atari Games version of Tetris where I got pretty far... those 11 minutes were one game. Thern I tried a new Pac-Man variant called Lady-Pac for the C-64 whose main selling points are the asymmetric mazes and the bonus rounds where you should catch as many floating fruits as possible.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
corrected starting date and spelling mistake
  • Like 5

ATARI 2600:

Atlantis (for HSC Silver Medal Tourney) - 22 minutes

ATARI 5200:

Jr. Pac-Man - 10 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 30 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 64 minutes

Summer Games - 8 minutes

ATARI 8-BIT:

Atlantis - 5 minutes

Atari Invaders - 31 minutes

Caverns of Mars II (for HSC) - 10 minutes

Centipede - 2 minutes

Galaxian - 2 minutes

Jawbreaker - 13 minutes

Jr. Pac-Man - 54 minutes

Millipede - 35 minutes

Pac-Man [Atari] - 67 minutes

Seaquest - 1 minute

Space Invaders - 23 minutes

Summer Games - 10 minutes

Turmoil - 10 minutes

• Like 5

Indeed. Try the Game Gear port sometime.

My meager times for the week:

PC Engine:

Space Invaders - 25 minutes. Split about evenly between arcade and Plus mode.

Street Fighter II` - 10 minutes. What a spectacular HuCARD. It is remarkable that they pulled it off.

Genesis:

Something but I have no memory of what :|

Ahhh, it wasSagaia. 20 minutes.

Game Gear:

George Foreman’s KO Boxing - 15 minutes. Odd to see boxers’ legs.

Vectrex:

Stramash Zone - 25 minutes.

Arcade:

Battlezone - 20 minutes

Jaguar:

Voxel week.

Fallen Angels - 20 minutes.

Phase Zero - 20 minutes.

I wish there were a little more to these games and also more voxel games on the Jag in general. But they’re both great and really essential experiences on the system! I’m looking forward to the @DrTypo compilation I’ve heard rumors of…

Game Boy:

Chalvo 55 - 15 minutes. Fun platformer.

• Like 5

Game Boy

Tetris - 257 minutes

MZ-80K

Numbertron - 71 minutes

So I've always known that the Sharp MZ line of computers existed, I've just never actually seen one. Browsing itch.io I ended up finding some homebrew title, Numbertron, and around the same time I found an extremely cheap MZ-80C on Yahoo Auctions. Long story short I tiredly committed to shipping 13kg of computer, actually make that 23kg of computer because it's coming over with a PC-9801F, across the Pacific. I was going to buy an Everdrive GB soon here but that can wait until I see how much work the computers are going to need.

Speaking of Game Boy I ended up carrying mine with me again. All Tetris, I've been jamming that game in downtime at work, and the darn AAs finally died. I think should get one of those cleanjuice rechargeable batteries you just drop in because they do look cool, it would definitely beat having to go to the store on break to buy more batteries.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Indeed. Try the Game Gear port sometime.

I'll plan to! The 3DO version supposedly concatenates the worst aspects of every other port. On Hard, it forces you to fight every character twice (except the final boss), in a ridiculous tactic to make the game longer. And when you get a GAME OVER, either by running out of continues or by winning, the game softlocks -- you literally have to reboot to play again. It's astonishingly cynical.

• Like 3

Not much to report this week! A bit of Doom 3, a little Aliens, and... uhhh... one game of Galaga? Yeah, that's pretty much it! :lol:

Ineligible
Doom 3 (Nintendo Switch) - 405 minutes

Arcade
Aliens - 47 minutes
Galaga - 6 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
458 minutes (7 hours 38 minutes) [53 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 405 minutes
Arcade: 53 minutes

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 30, running from July 26 - August 1. We logged 2868 minutes of eligible play, playing 65 games on a total of 19 systems.

Top 10:

1. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 516 min. (#5)
2. Tetris (Game Boy) - 257 min.
3. Final Fantasy II (IV) (SNES) - 203 min.
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 148 min. (#3)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES) - 120 min.
6. Phobos (Atari 8-bit) - 102 min.
7. Caverns of Mars II (Atari 8-bit) - 87 min. (#4)
8. Night Rescue (original version) (Atari 8-bit) - 83 min.
9. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 71 min.
10. Numbertron (Sharp MZ-80K) - 71 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 516 min. (PN#3)
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 148 min. (PN#1)
3. Phobos (Atari 8-bit) - 102 min. (PN#9)
4. Caverns of Mars II (Atari 8-bit) - 87 min. (PN#2)
5. Night Rescue (original version) (Atari 8-bit) - 83 min.
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 71 min. (PN#6)
7. Numbertron (Sharp MZ-80K) - 71 min.
8. Night Rescue 1941 (Atari 8-bit) - 70 min.
9. Pac-Man (Atari 8-bit) - 67 min.
10. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 64 min. (PN#8)

Top 10 systems:

1. Arcade (643) (#4)
2. Atari 8-bit (611) (#3)
3. SNES (329)
4. Atari 2600 (282) (#2)
5. Game Boy (272)
6. Dreamcast (143)
7. Genesis (89) (#6)
8. TG-16/PC Engine (73)
9. Atari 7800 (72)
10. Sharp MZ-80K (71)

Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) gets 18% of the total playtime this week and is the most played game on both lists. The Sharp MZ-80K is a new system to the tracker, as we previously only logged games for the related but not immediately compatible MZ-700 series.

No new entries to the 1000, 5000 or 10000 Minute Clubs. Hopefully all got to post their times since I was super late with the summary, but if you were late or forgot, feel free to add your minutes for next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have some gameplay time that I didn't have time to add last week:

Dragon Buster for Famicom - 25 minutes

Diablo for PC - 105 minutes 

I will have some NES Dragon Warrior to add later when I look at the time my recording ran for. I'll probably play more tomorrow and just combine it.

I just made it down to level 5 in Diablo playing as the Warrior.

• Like 6

A very light week for me for some reason. It was Metroid's 35th anniversary the other day and I ended up somehow wearing my Metroid shirt on that day before I even remembered what day it was. Then I played FDS Metroid to celebrate and it didn't go very well. Sonic 3D Blast finally joined the Sonic birthday celebration like I meant for it to a month ago.

Neo Geo AES/MVS
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - 11
Neo Turf Masters - 14

Genesis/MD
Sonic 3D Blast - 93

Arcade
Thunder Force AC - 6

I tried playing this with the Astro City Mini using the thing's built-in controls and without autofire, just like how it is in the arcade. I forgot how much I dislike playing with the awkwardly tiny controls, so I gave up.

FDS
Metroid - 39
It was going very well until I got stuck in the lava in Norfair between 2 pillars. I tried for several minutes to jump out, but I wasn't able to despite having the High Jump Boots, so I gave up. I wonder how they didn't catch that prior to release and make the pillars a block shorter.

• Like 6

Atari 8-bit:
Phoenix Lair - 86 min.
Space Mines! - 117 min.

The current A8 HSC round features two pretty much unknown games. Phoenix Lair is quite frustrating with tight margins to navigate and with a number of bugs, but slowly grows on me. Space Mines! is made by an AA member back in the day. At first it didn't seem very interesting but as it gets faster and more frantic, it has a "once more" feeling to it despite its simplicity.

• Like 4

What a week.

Vectrex:

Stramash Zone - 60 minutes.

Arcade:

Battlezone - 100 minutes.

2600:

Battlezone - 25 minutes.

Trying to git gud. Not there yet…

7800:

Dark Caverns - 15 minutes

Xevious - 10 minutes

Only had time to test some new controllers since I lost my old ones, but: IT LIVES!!! Man the RF output is gruesome, though.

Turbografx 16:

Jackie Chan’s Action Kung Fu - 15 minutes. Very fun and cute game. Shame it’s so rare.

Turbo CD:

Monster Lair - 15 minutes. Finally got a copy of this after playing it illicitly for a while…

Genesis:

Magical Hat's Turbo Flight! Adventure - 75 minutes. I have never played this before, just its Western remix Decap Attack. This is a glorious game. Beautiful, challenging, fun, great music, it has it all. Definitely try it if you like Decap Attack, the levels are all different.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 15 minutes. Finally participating in Sonic Month… too late.

Phelios - 25 minutes. Is this officially a Dragon Spirit game? Because it’s obviously a Dragon Spirit game. What a marvelous time.

Demons of Asteborg demo - 15 minutes. Played enough to convince myself to buy a real copy.

32X:

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure - 15 minutes. I remembered this being disappointing, but it is ATROCIOUS. The Jaguar version looks smooth as butter compared to this jerky mess. The Sega CD version is the best and I played a bit of that for comparison. I can only imagine that they saw the 32X’s demise coming and released the first fully playable beta.

Game Boy:

Sword of Hope II - 30 minutes. This is such a sweet little dungeon crawler/turn based RPG hybrid. Too bad it’s stupid expensive.

Over on modern systems, it was all RPGs.

• Like 6

ATARI 2600:

Atlantis (for HSC Silver Medal Contest) - 65 minutes

RealSports Soccer - 7 minutes

ATARI 5200:

Centipede (for HSC) - 10 minutes

Jr. Pac-Man - 45 minutes

ATARI 8-BIT:

Atari Basketball - 5 minutes

Defender - 165 minutes

Megamania - 10 minutes

Millipede - 40 minutes

Summer Games - 25 minutes

COLECOVISION:

Frostbite (for HSC) - 47 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My CV Frostbite gameplay footage (Normal and One Player) - 218,790 points

2) My Defender gameplay footage, recorded through Altirra Emulator (8-BIT port) - 2 Million points (One Player Easy)

• Like 6

My times for the week:

Genesis:
Mystical Fighter - 52 min.

SNES:
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun - 303 min.

Played through Mystical Fighter on Normal mode (which doesn't let you see the last stage), and got a fair ways into the fan translation of Ys IV on the SNES (which is a totally different game from Ys IV on the PC Engine CD).

• Like 6

Game Boy

Tetris - 148 minutes

PC-9801

Lode Runner - 81 minutes

The week was pretty busy, I spent a lot of my game time working on getting things cleaned up for a silly idea I had to make it so game consoles aren't scattered everywhere, but I got a little time in to play some games.

I bought another SCSI card for my PC-98s, a second Logitec LHA-15U, as the 9801F is going to be coming over soon and I quite enjoy my SCSI2SD. I'm trying to set up a little hard disk image, probably DOS 3.3 as older games seem to like it the most, and of course Lode Runner says "9801F" on the front so it was the first game I put in. I'm honestly not sure what all runs in 8-color digital RGB mode and I know the stock 128K of RAM is probably too little but eh, RAM cards exist and that's really the fun of buying such an old model to me!

The Game Boy got carried, again more Tetris, and I didn't play it as much but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good time. I really should buy that Everdrive...

My MZ-80C came in, an hour ago as-of typing this message, so if I'm extremely lucky I may get to try a game on real hardware by the end of the month. It needs some love, the power supply has a blown input fuse (I'll be swapping the 100V board for new 120V-capable boards anyways) and there's a lot of dust to remove, but the CRT survived transit which is just awesome. I'll definitely be emulating more random software this week!

• Like 6

Another small and fairly uneventful week around here this week. I left much just continued my playthrough of Doom 3 on the Switch, played a little assortment of arcade games on the MVSX here and there, and pulled out my Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch to pass a short bit of time kicked back in bed. Not the most exciting week ever, but still a fun one :)

Ineligible
Doom 3 (Nintendo Switch) - 695 minutes

Arcade
Donkey Kong - 10 minutes
Ms. Pac-Man - 8 minutes
Space Invaders DX - 11 minutes
Street Fighter Alpha 3 - 14 minutes
Vampire Savior - 22 minutes

Neo Geo AES/MVS
Samurai Shodown II - 21 minutes

NES
Super Mario Bros. - 12 minutes