IGNORED

Colecovision expansion module 1

timmy2tone

2 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

I'm far from being an expert on these things, but isn't it true that certain mods can make the Expansion Module #1 inoperable? Someone else can probably chime in and confirm.

Depending how the mods were done it is definitely possible to have it make the Expansion Module 1 non-functional. There are people here that can better explain it but that is properly the issue.

Depending on how the video mods were done...it is possible that the Atari Expansion Module won't function with them.  Did the Module work with these video mods once, now it no longer works, or did it work with your console before the video mods, and now with the mods installed it doesn't work?  Does your console still have the original RF output...check the Module with that output, if it does.

1 hour ago, doubledown said:

Depending on how the video mods were done...it is possible that the Atari Expansion Module won't function with them.  Did the Module work with these video mods once, now it no longer works, or did it work with your console before the video mods, and now with the mods installed it doesn't work?  Does your console still have the original RF output...check the Module with that output, if it does.

Thank you so much for your response. I am  kind of new to starting topics and stuff.  It worked just fine with the mod.  Ya know, I am not sure if the mod's done to the system render the RF output useless or not.  I did a little process of elimination, troubleshooting with the cable of all things. I connected it to my receiver minus video of course and I only got 1 audio channel, So I am getting another cable and another module to test.

1 hour ago, ChildOfCv said:

EM1 will only work through the composite/RF output, of course.  If you're trying to play it with HDMI, that won't work.

Do cartridges still work with composite?

I am trying to play with composite. Do you know if the RF output still works if you've had your CV modified.  I have both HDMI and composite.

2 hours ago, timmy2tone said:

I am trying to play with composite. Do you know if the RF output still works if you've had your CV modified.  I have both HDMI and composite.

That depends completely on how the composite mod was done.  Do you know the kit?

But also, do CV games work through the composite output?

It ended up being a power issue (most likely on the 12V line). This was a F18a upgrade with a composite modification for the EM1 since the RF module was removed to make space for the HDMI converter. Changing the power supply got it working (although plugging the original supply back it worked afterwards, implying a flaky power connection).

• Like 1