IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey Apex Blue Card with Manual

Tarkus02

I’ve had this for the past few years and figured I’d post here for any serious Odyssey collectors who might be interested. The card is complete with the sleeve, instruction sheets, and Apex Manual. It differs from the two documented variants of the card in that it is not solid blue, but rather a translucent turquoise (see pictures for further detail). Besides one that recently surfaced in Brazil, I have not seen another like it. The same goes for the Apex-Magnavox manual. It is a photocopy of the Odisea manual and is probably rarer than the card itself. 

Until the last few months, I’ve never seen any of these come up for sale during my time collecting. An incomplete “holed-version” of the card sold with an incomplete Odyssey in extremely poor shape for $800+ while another (the one in Brazil) sold for $1200 with a complete set this past December. I also know of another card that was recently sold to a fellow collector for $625 (though it did not come with the Apex Odisea manual). 

The manual is in beautiful condition with no creases or tears. The card itself has minimal wear. The sleeve has two small indentations on one side and the traces on one side of the card have been imprinted onto a portion of one of the instruction sheets from years of sitting (see the 4th photo for a better idea of what I mean). Due to its scarcity and the prices at which that the last few have sold for, I’m asking $800 OBO for the card and manual. Feel free to visit my eBay listing as well for additional info and pictures: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-Rare-Magnavox-Odyssey-Apex-Blue-Card-with-Instructions-and-Manual/254819849782

EBF52691-DC06-450A-B537-EA7106126D0F.jpeg

F5F05C3E-5383-4ED0-B0C3-9DA611BC6D3B.jpeg

F90CA928-1DD7-441C-894D-D12A32F23921.jpeg

A2A74236-A2D3-4098-9918-BE64B7A0EE8A.jpeg

7092576A-0100-4FBB-A474-B0FCB90A795D.jpeg

Edited by Tarkus02
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, stupus said:

Cool!

Any chance you have a odisea manual to sell? Or any of the pieces that came with the odisea exclusively?

I do not have an Odisea manual or any Spanish versions of the Odyssey accessories to sell. The set that came with this card was the standard American version of the Odyssey with the case - most likely sold in Miami. Other than the title page, the Apex Manual IS pretty much the Odisea manual as far as I can tell... Just an oddly photocopied and stapled-together version of it. 

• Thanks 1