IGNORED

What controller do you use?

Spector

1 minute ago, zaphro72 said:

I was wondering if I could do something like that. I knew there was lots of discussion about it but I couldn't remember if there was an easy fix in those discussions that was safe for the Phoenix and the OG system

Pins #7 & #9 are only used for the encoders on "spinning" or "rotary" type controllers, Speed Roller on SAC, Steering Wheel on EM2, and Track-Ball on Roller Controller.  Tying them together inside a controller, that doesn't have any of these, is supposed to be fine (no loss of features, and no issues on Phoenix or original CV/ADAM)...and I believe is what others have done.  I make my own custom cables, so I simply no longer connect these wires at the cable connector end.  I believe others have purchased a DE9 breakout type module/PCB, wherein they can disconnect the wiring right at the console where they plug it into.  For a few who have bought controllers from me, before we knew of the issue, I have made short "extension" cables that have these wires disconnected.  

Modified (back in time) Atari CX 24 controller!!  I use  the very same one  since 38 year now!!   And use the very same when i play on my C64 too!.  

And also time to time Original Colecovision Controller with the Ball top (modified by Yurkie) 

I’m having Yurkie do a mod for me on a 2600 right now, except I haven’t heard from in in a while. I hope he’s doing alright.

I also used to have a modified ball top Colecovision that I purchased from Yurkie that worked really well. Especially while playing GhostNZombies[emoji16]. This is still my favorite Colecovision Homebrew of all time! Just an amazing game.

• Like 1

I use a SNES NTT pad with the Phoenix and a Super Action Arcade Controller made by Grips03 on the regular CV.

I have loads of other CV controllers, both original, modified and custom, but those 2 are my main go-to's nowadays. :)

On a different, somewhat related note, I need to finish modding my Famicom Network controller and maybe I'll start using those again.

20201214_011659.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I really like using a CX10 when they are in great condition. I think I own 5 or 6 CX10s and one of them I refurbished with parts from Best Electronics a few years ago. I try and only use it on games I really love like Mario Bros and Amoeba Jump. But I really prefer a paddle controller or Trak Ball if the game supports it.

Sorry I just noticed this is a Colecovision/Adam topic. I’m gonna go with a modded Neo geo controller by Grips for this one.