IGNORED

Atari 7800 Homebrew Games Completed/WIP in 2021

6 minutes ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Thank James, interesting how the colours are off in JS7800 compared to A7800. Definitely not how they should be

You're welcome! Is there a comprehensive post somewhere on the AtariAge forums about Atari 7800 colour settings? All I'm finding are endless posts of screenshots, tweaks and comparisons that lead me to believe it's all very, very subjective.

- James

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

You're welcome! Is there a comprehensive post somewhere on the AtariAge forums about Atari 7800 colour settings? All I'm finding are endless posts of screenshots, tweaks and comparisons that lead me to believe it's all very, very subjective.

- James

Not sure however it looks to me like JS7800 is detecting the ROM as PAL AFAIK but im not sure exactly. I usually dev in cool mode however even running in warm or hot on A7800 it still looks correct unlike JS7800

11 hours ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Not sure however it looks to me like JS7800 is detecting the ROM as PAL AFAIK but im not sure exactly. I usually dev in cool mode however even running in warm or hot on A7800 it still looks correct unlike JS7800

Oh wow, I see what you mean now, the character is completely different colours. That's really interesting, I'm not sure what's going on there. Unfortunately there's no information panel that can be brought up that I can find for JS7800 to say what it's detecting the ROM as or a way to force NTSC colors. You might want to check into how JS7800 detects PAL / NTSC.

- James

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 2:19 AM, TwentySixHundred said:

Does this help? It's in the settings.

image.thumb.png.79a478b5e0bb4b15066b9df245e8d4c1.png

2 hours ago, darryl1970 said:

Does this help? It's in the settings.

image.thumb.png.79a478b5e0bb4b15066b9df245e8d4c1.png

I tried those settings, it's something going on with JS7800. Sometimes they will change to the correct colours when completing a level. Then mid level it will revert back to the incorrect. The Balloms eyes and bombermans helmet are the same shade of white IRC although they will flip. Meaning sometimes when a new level loads bomberman will have the correct colours and others the Balloms will be vice versa. Even the explosion colours seem garbled.

Im assuming it's an inaccuracy with pallets on JS7800. A7800 there is no issues and everything works perfectly. I still haven't reported the bug to JS7800 as no one else has had the issue with their games AFAIK. Although i probably should.

I will also mention during the ZPH stream all the colours were correct on real hardware, so everything points towards JS7800.

• Like 1

WIP Binary Updates:

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

WIP Binary Updates:

I am doing sound design on Galaxian as well

1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I would like to add that Paul Lay @playsoft and Perry Thuente @tep392 have been very helpful in working out issues with Popeye!