IGNORED

Upcoming Releases & CollectorVision Website

NIAD

1 hour ago, Rev said:

If you had to put a number on how many coleco or 7800 fans for the homebrew community respectively, what would that number be?

How many approximate homebrews sell on your average release?

Active? 600-800. Regular buyers? 300-400. # a good home-brew can sell? 400. Average would be a guess. Maybe 140?  However, the ColecoVision Lunatics website has 75,000 members, so lots of lurkers it would seem. 

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

I was not pointing anyone ;)

I'm in the Facebook INtv homebrew group, and I see new games popping up every week.
And they are very good games too!

So I don't see myself flooding the INtv community with new games.
When we will release a new INtv game, it's going to be an awesome one for sure.

lol, I know it wasn’t for me.....yet!   ???  

Do y’all know when the next intv release is coming out?  I don’t want to clash.

3 minutes ago, Swami said:

Active? 600-800. Regular buyers? 300-400. # a good home-brew can sell? 400. Average would be a guess. Maybe 140?  However, the ColecoVision Lunatics website has 75,000 members, so lots of lurkers it would seem. 

Lots of members!   Nice.   I don’t know of a place that has ever attempted to put a real number on the amount of active Mattel Intellivision fans. 

But in the homebrew community it boils down to average sales of an average homebrew.   

I believe the average Intv game sells more than 140. Unless it is an actual limited game on purpose, like the newest Good Deal Games release where it was stated that only 70 copies would be produced, which is artificial scarcity in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

Lots of members!   Nice.   I don’t know of a place that has ever attempted to put a real number on the amount of active Mattel Intellivision fans. 

But in the homebrew community it boils down to average sales of an average homebrew.   

I believe the average Intv game sells more than 140. Unless it is an actual limited game on purpose, like the newest Good Deal Games release where it was stated that only 70 copies would be produced, which is artificial scarcity in my opinion. 

Before anyone jumps down my throat, it was 7500 members, not 75,000. Extra zero, oops.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Old man Elektronite was saying if people didn't start buying more of his games he would have to go out of business and he isn't selling enough copies of games to have boxes while Rikki and Vikki sold almost 500 copies. Kind of gives that impression.

6 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Next ones are:

- Gorf (compatible with the Voice Module)
- The Goonies 

neat!

Both games are very attractive. I'm sure the not very big yet devoted Intellivision community will be responsive.

You can put me down for two copies of each as well

12 hours ago, Swami said:

Old man Elektronite was saying if people didn't start buying more of his games he would have to go out of business and he isn't selling enough copies of games to have boxes while Rikki and Vikki sold almost 500 copies. Kind of gives that impression.

Is that kind like old man winter?  

I know I have some homebrew games numbered 297, 298 out of 300.

I think the LTO Flash sold at least 500  Maybe much more?  I haven't been keeping up.

How many D2K's sold?  That is harder to know... Did the same people but the DIIK Special Edition? or were some different buyers?

Christmas Carol sold 300 while having a free rom available.  Great Game... So that helps.  Also why I asked about DIIK... So well done.

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2021 at 7:19 PM, retroillucid said:

Next ones are:

- Gorf (compatible with the Voice Module)
- The Goonies 

Hi guys!

Any word on the potential timing of the release of these games?

Its excellent news and greatly anticipated by me!

Thanks in advance,Wolfy ??

• 3 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, wolfy62 said:

Hi guys!

Any word on the potential timing of the release of these games?

Its excellent news and greatly anticipated by me!

Thanks in advance,Wolfy ??

Just checking in with a 3 month bump!

I did see that 3 future new Intellivision games are listed on the Collectorvision website for a 2021 release. 

?definitely crossed for that!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Oh, so some people have a copy already.  Care to give me a quick summary and review?  There's not much info online and any commentary I could find was in Spanish.  

Really haven't played it yet beyond a few minutes of testing.  But first impressions of the graphics, music and gameplay are all excellent.