IGNORED

Congo Bongo?

AAA177

The numbers at the top show the currently selected color (left 2 digits) and its value (right 2 digits).  But it only shows one at a time.   There are 4, two background and two foreground colors.  The fire button rotates thru them.

From your screenshots, I can see that you set color 1 to 92.

2 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

The numbers at the top show the currently selected color (left 2 digits) and its value (right 2 digits).  But it only shows one at a time.   There are 4, two background and two foreground colors.  The fire button rotates thru them.

Here we go:

00 00 20

01 00 92

02 00 78

03 00 58

... sorry didn’t know that. As it seems that I can change every value separately, I will play the next days with the values and see if I find better ones ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, splendidnut said:

Yeah, the version that let's the player move around doesn't include the "alternating color interleave" kernel.  I wanted to save space/complexity until I got all the sprite stuff figured out.

... but at the end you will include the „alternating color“ magic? I think the graphics looks far better this way ?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm currently in the processing of getting things working again after playing around with different bank-switching schemes.   E7 -> 3EP -> DPC+

I went down the path of creating a sprite blitter to draw the sprites into RAM buffers for display.  BUT, I was having trouble finding a bank-switching scheme to easily support doing that.  I found that the RAM layout in the E7 bank-switching scheme was too limited for what I wanted to do.  I played around with 3EP to the point where I had everything switched over and working, but discovered that the standard Harmony doesn't have any support for it.  So I after some consideration, I started switching things over to DPC+.

That was a while back... I walked away for a bit, leaving it in a bad state.  Just this past weekend, I got things kinda working in again.  Currently, the level display is working, but the player isn't;  he's upside down (easy fix)... and he can't seem to find the ground anymore.  (which are all things caused by switching between banking schemes)

At this point, I'll probably throw out the sprite blitter, since it will no longer needed with DPC+.  I can just store the sprites in the Display Data RAM/ROM area and use the Data Fetchers.  Also, adding back in the "alternating color" magic should be relatively easy now.  We shall see...

That's the gist of where this is at.  Currently... a slow simmer. :)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...