IGNORED

rubyQ! (no more on store)

Silvio Mogno

Edit: final demo ROMs are here! Game available (along with other new great releases) on store!

Hi,

I'm making an improved CDFJ version of Q*Bert for the VCS.

Here's a small video.

ASAP I'll release a demo version.

Hope you'll like it!

Edit: I added the demo binary as shown on ZPH stream yesterday. It's limited to first two levels, then it loops back to level 1. Much work has to be done. I hope you'll enjoy!

Qbert_Demo_06_Jan_2021.bin

Edited by Silvio Mogno
changed post name; added link to newest binary
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Silvio Mogno said:

I'm making an improved CDFJ version of Q*Bert for the VCS.

This looks amazing!

Everything looks updated including the animation of the enemies, the score at the top, 99% of the graphics. The music and sound seems to be the same.

Is this a complete rewrite of the game from scratch?

- James

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

This looks amazing!

Everything looks updated including the animation of the enemies, the score at the top, 99% of the graphics. The music and sound seems to be the same.

Is this a complete rewrite of the game from scratch?

- James

The kernel is totally mine. I started from the Collect 3 demo by Darrel Spice Jr. and added my code. 

I tried to reproduce the mechanics of the original game adding some improvements and new features.

Graphics and music are ripped from the original game because I'm neither a graphics designer nor a musician. ? I slightly changed graphics and music but help to improve would be appreciated! 

Silvio

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Oh, that looks nice and symmetrical! Nice work so far.

I had a hard time opening the video file.  It opened with VLC.  Regardless, I did a screen grab, @Cafeman.  I hope that's OK with Silvio.

QBert.png

Thank you very much!

I didn't think it was so difficult opening the video file. I made it with FRAPS after googling on the internet for how to made it.

Silvio

Edited by Silvio Mogno
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Silvio Mogno said:

Thank you very much!

I didn't think it was so difficult opening the video file. I made it with FRAPS after googling on the internet for how to made it.

Silvio

The different media players (Movies, Windows Media Player, and RealPlayer) I used on Windows kept telling me the codec for playing the video was missing.  VLC worked fine, though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, xybot67 said:

Truly amazing! Are you also introducing new gameplay mechanics? I noticed a light blue Sam that when touched slows you down? Great addition ?

Thanks!

The blue Sam "ice" freezes cubes and when q*bert jumps on he get cool for some time so he goes slower.

I also included moving discs and "flashing Sam" from Faster Harder More Challenging Q*Bert.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Mogno said:

Thanks!

The blue Sam "ice" freezes cubes and when q*bert jumps on he get cool for some time so he goes slower.

I also included moving discs and "flashing Sam" from Faster Harder More Challenging Q*Bert.

All these additions you're putting into the game are incredible! I can't wait to stream it on ZeroPage Homebrew, people are going to love it!

- James

• Like 1