IGNORED

rubyQ! (no more on store)

Silvio Mogno

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE OF Q*BERT!

Welcome to 2021 and Happy New Year! ZeroPage Homebrew has the Exclusive WORLD Premiere of Q*Bert on Friday's (Jan 8, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 8

On 1/5/2021 at 2:40 AM, Silvio Mogno said:

Graphics and music are ripped from the original game because I'm neither a graphics designer nor a musician. ? I slightly changed graphics and music but help to improve would be appreciated! 

This looks great @Silvio Mogno, great job! :o :thumbsup: 

I know that Mike Haas aka @iesposta had put together a very good demo of a Q*Bert enhanced with amazing graphics, and he also happens to be a sound wizard also (he did the amazing sounds for Mappy & Wizard of Wor Arcade) so he might be able to provide some pointers for graphics and sounds. :)  

• Like 4

This new Qbert version looks excellent. I would suggest having classic mode and optional new features mode. The frozen squares are a cool (ugh!) Idea, but it would be nice to have the option to just play by normal Qbert  rules too.  

Also, every time I type Qbert,  it gets auto corrected to Albert!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

This new Qbert version looks excellent. I would suggest having classic mode and optional new features mode. The frozen squares are a cool (ugh!) Idea, but it would be nice to have the option to just play by normal Qbert  rules too.  

Also, every time I type Qbert,  it gets auto corrected to Albert!  

Yes, it was already planned: classic mode and funky mode (movin discs, ice, flashing Sam). I'll add the possibility to choose in the main menu when the game will be complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for releasing the bin, it's a fantastic version of Q*Bert with awesome extras! Just curious how long it took you to program it and if you were planning on any further changes. I think it plays great as is. I will now retire my Parker Bros version. Thanks again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xybot67 said:

Thank you for releasing the bin, it's a fantastic version of Q*Bert with awesome extras! Just curious how long it took you to program it and if you were planning on any further changes. I think it plays great as is. I will now retire my Parker Bros version. Thanks again

The asm code (the hardest one) took about 20 hours of coding. The C code took a little more hours but after implementing kernel interface the remaining was quite straightforward.

Excellent! Really like the core game so far. Looking forward to the final finishes.

It looks like you only have one object (other than q*bert) on the screen at a time. Will that change?

I like the freeze dude, but make that an option. Have the main version be as true to the original Q*bert as possible. I'd love to see the freeze guy in another variation. That seems it would add a fun new dynamic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoyx said:

Excellent! Really like the core game so far. Looking forward to the final finishes.

It looks like you only have one object (other than q*bert) on the screen at a time. Will that change?

I like the freeze dude, but make that an option. Have the main version be as true to the original Q*bert as possible. I'd love to see the freeze guy in another variation. That seems it would add a fun new dynamic.

No, there isn't only a enemy at time. In theory we could have 6 enemies at the same time. Setting to higher difficulty (when I'll add an options menu) will lead to an insanely hard game.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, Silvio Mogno said:

Graphics and music are ripped from the original game because I'm neither a graphics designer nor a musician. ? I slightly changed graphics and music but help to improve would be appreciated! 

Hey man, great work ?

I can help in the sprite department if you are still interested !

PM me if you like the sample.

demo-export.png.9f58766b0b2881d39954a7988ba8d84f.png

• Like 7