Rev

The Amico isn’t coming out in April? Delayed?

35 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Actually we are making 2609 Founders Editions.

Hey, just wait for the reactions videos to your "announcement" that Amico is delayed until 2069! :-D 

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm glad some people find longer waits exciting. I know for myself delays often make me lose interest.

Many of comic runs have I stopped getting due to creative teams just not able to get their comics out. Or long breaks from stories. Like the newest American Vampire story. It's been so long since the last run I just didn't care anymore.

Hopefully it doesn't work that way for Amico, but it is a possibility.

The comics industry is imploding and failing due to SJW and terrible sales.

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

The comics industry is imploding and failing due to SJW and terrible sales.

I think it's more they just need to focus writing good stories with good art. Cut back on a lot of titles and have good stories already ready to print before they are solicited.

Some titles are now $5 normally priced. Hard to read and look at a mediocre book at that price. You'd be better off buying older stuff you know is good at a slightly higher price. I've recently been going back and working on completing my Star Wars '77 run. They aren't all great but I know what I'm buying.

• Like 2

I believe Oct 10th will be the new date. 10/10/2021 instead of 10/10/2020. Cool for Tommy to still get to honour his sister. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I believe Oct 10th will be the new date. 10/10/2021 instead of 10/10/2020. Cool for Tommy to still get to honour his sister. 

Hey,its still all 1's,0's, 2's and/'s 

to me!👍😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, cmart604 said:

That's probably the more likely date regardless of what good intentions they may have to get it out earlier. 

It gets here when it gets here and will be great fun, so no worries. I do have to turn off my anticipation/excitement in the mean time. Getting too hard to sustain that. 

9 hours ago, cmart604 said:

And they could use the hashtag #amicoctober then (which sounds a lot better than #februadam by the way ;) )

• Haha 4

Is there a reason the controller d-pad is inverted?  You press right, but the character moves left?

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, grips03 said:

Is there a reason the controller d-pad is inverted?  You press right, but the character moves left?

If you are talking about the recent amico demo video, he was holding the controller upside-down.  The amico controller is designed to be ambidextrous and automatically adjusts to its orientation.  In this case he had it locked to right handed orientation while navigating the dashboard but flipped it to left handed play after selecting the game.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I believe Oct 10th will be the new date. 

Oof!

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you are talking about the recent amico demo video, he was holding the controller upside-down.  The amico controller is designed to be ambidextrous and automatically adjusts to its orientation.  In this case he had it locked to right handed orientation while navigating the dashboard but flipped it to left handed play after selecting the game.

Is there a reason why he did that?

2 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Is there a reason why he did that?

It was a mistake, but leaving it in the video was no mistake.

• Like 2

My personal guess is the Amico will be lucky to release by the holidays of 2021, but we'll see! It just seems really far away at this point. 

2 hours ago, Mockduck said:

My personal guess is the Amico will be lucky to release by the holidays of 2021, but we'll see! It just seems really far away at this point. 

I am hoping for a summer release as it does seem April is not now feasible.

I have mentioned this before but even the 'Big Boys' of console gaming are still having problems due to shortages of components. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/sony-shipped-4-5m-ps5s-in-2020-but-is-struggling-to-speed-up-production/

So it should not be too shocking that Intellivision is also feeling the pinch, and probably more so as Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are likely taking the lions share of what is available.

The joys of having almost all component manufacturing and assembly centralized in one country. If they have problems with production, then everyone downstream also has problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tavi said:

I am hoping for a summer release as it does seem April is not now feasible.

I have mentioned this before but even the 'Big Boys' of console gaming are still having problems due to shortages of components. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/sony-shipped-4-5m-ps5s-in-2020-but-is-struggling-to-speed-up-production/

So it should not be too shocking that Intellivision is also feeling the pinch, and probably more so as Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are likely taking the lions share of what is available.

The joys of having almost all component manufacturing and assembly centralized in one country. If they have problems with production, then everyone downstream also has problems.

On Amico All Access October was briefly mentioned.

• Like 1