IGNORED

ColecoVision Contest! Win FREE Swag!

8bitgamer

24 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

It's a Great contest idea until you get to the part where you have to have Facebook.  Wish I could be in it. :sad:

Sorry, but Facebook is the best way to track the winner and get in touch with him or her. Thanks

Edited by 8bitgamer

Unless somebody's Facebook account has been disabled...and apparently can never get re-enabled...as there is apparently no way to contact Facebook, except to send Facebook a message through Facebook, to which you would need to have an active account on Facebook into which to log into...to send said message....to Facebook, on Facebook.  It's a circular logic nightmare.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He could contact me right here on AtariAge with ease, though.  And this is where I heard about the contest! 

Don't get me wrong,  Brett seems like a nice guy and I wish him and everyone good luck with the contest.  Considering it says free contest,  I would have just liked a heads up that I would have needed Facebook to be involved,  then I wouldn't have clicked on the video.  Everybody's happy.

24 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

He could contact me right here on AtariAge with ease, though.  And this is where I heard about the contest! 

Don't get me wrong,  Brett seems like a nice guy and I wish him and everyone good luck with the contest.  Considering it says free contest,  I would have just liked a heads up that I would have needed Facebook to be involved,  then I wouldn't have clicked on the video.  Everybody's happy.

That's actually a good point. I should have thought of mentioning that you need Facebook in order to participate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

It's a Great contest idea until you get to the part where you have to have Facebook.  Wish I could be in it. :sad:

This is such a stupid complaint.  Seriously, that is **YOUR CHOICE** to not be on Facebook.  Don't put the blame of **YOUR PERSONAL CHOICES** on someone else.  Facebook currently has 2.7 billion active users and those people consume Facebook's content, including Brett's contest, completely for free. And you're complaining about that?!?!!?!? Clearly the issue here isn't Facebook, it's you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Seems like this site is a pretty easy way to reach people.  Like you just did with your first post?

If people don't stop complaining about the contest that Brett is doing TOTALLY FOR FREE THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DOING FOR ANYONE I will close this thread and direct Brett to continue his discussion on Facebook. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Seems like this site is a pretty easy way to reach people.  Like you just did with your first post?

Posting here was just to alert people of the contest. To win, you have to comment on YouTube and Facebook. Not just YouTube because FB lets me contact the winner. Sure, I can contact AtariAge people here, but it's a Facebook/YouTube contest. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TPR said:

If people don't stop complaining about the contest that Brett is doing TOTALLY FOR FREE THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DOING FOR ANYONE I will close this thread and direct Brett to continue his discussion on Facebook. 

wouldn't FB be the better platform to discuiss this if fB is required to enter the contest ?

just asking.

This sounds like a great contest and its very generous of the 8bitgamer to be hosting this.  I just think that if this promotion requires someone to have a FB account then promoting via that platform makes the most sence.  If someone on AA is also a member of the FB group then they would already know of the contest since they are a member of that group.  .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TPR said:

This is such a stupid complaint.  Seriously, that is **YOUR CHOICE** to not be on Facebook.  Don't put the blame of **YOUR PERSONAL CHOICES** on someone else.  Facebook currently has 2.7 billion active users and those people consume Facebook's content, including Brett's contest, completely for free. And you're complaining about that?!?!!?!? Clearly the issue here isn't Facebook, it's you. 

The Facebook pixel is code that is placed on a website. It collects data that helps track conversions from FB ads and remarket to people.

Is a FB contest really 'free' ? I guess that depends what you feel the value of your personal information is to an advertiser that uses it to direct targeted ads to you.

Edited by rietveld
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, rietveld said:

This sounds like a great contest and its very generous of the 8bitgamer to be hosting this.  I just think that if this promotion requires someone to have a FB account then promoting via that platform makes the most sence.  If someone on AA is also a member of the FB group then they would already know of the contest since they are a member of that group.  .

Geez get over it, you have your opinion, it is literally just an announcement, do with it what you will or don't. ? I am on Facebook daily and even part of that group and guess what? I FOUND OUT ABOUT IT HERE just a few minutes ago, so PROOF not everyone on Facebook will know regardless. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Geez get over it, you have your opinion, it is literally just an announcement, do with it what you will or don't. ? 

sorry, TPR just got the best of me with his over the top reaction to the initial comments.  Your reaction might better be directed to TPR and his comment at the top of this thread

Edited by rietveld
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Thanks Brett! Just entered (hope my being in Canada is OK?) I am MaximumRD on Youtube, very nice / cool of you. ColecoVision has been and remains my favorite Pre-NES console since receiving it for Christmas back in the day. 

Certainly, Canada is fine! Thanks for entering! Ditto on Coleco/favorite/Christmas(1982 for me). :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rietveld said:

sorry, TPR just got the best of me with his over the top reaction to the initial comments.  Your reaction might better be directed to TPR and his comment at the top of this thread

No it was best directed at YOU which is why I did that, I agree with TPR, the complaining is ridiculous imho, I'll leave it at that as I do not want to disrespect the thread further with this nonsense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

No it was best directed at YOU which is why I did that, I agree with TPR, the complaining is ridiculous imho, I'll leave it at that as I do not want to disrespect the thread further with this nonsense.

What ,above mentioned ,comments were complaints?  Please re read my comments to this post.  

Was it my post complimenting his generous gift?

Was it my post  offering a suggestion on how to better reach people who meet the contest criteria?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rietveld said:

What ,above mentioned ,comments were complaints?  Please re read my comments to this post.  

Was it my post complimenting his generous gift?

Was it my post  offering a suggestion on how to better reach people who meet the contest criteria?

You really need to stop before you get yourself banned. 

I honestly feel like just closing this thread is going to be for the best.  My brain is just unable to process why so many people feel the need to complain when someone does something FOR FREE, that no one is forcing you to participate in, and you choose not to by not subscribing to the platform that the original poster has chosen to use as the outlet for their content.

I mean, do you complain to Opcode about not getting their newsletter because "I don't use email?" (Actually, I'm sure some of you probably do..) ?

Seriously, people... THESE GUYS ARE DOING THIS STUFF FOR FREE AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE AND YOU ARE BITCHING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT!!!!!!  STOP!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, Brett, but going to close this thread. 

I encourage you to post about the contest on our Facebook Groups:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariage/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColecovisionLunatics

Thank you for your understanding.