IGNORED

Jaguar games keep resetting

cbroddy

I recently brought up my Jaguar system.  Jaguar start up screen boots up.  Any game opening works fine.  

When I press any button to start the game, the game opening screens would just keep repeating and resetting the game over and over.  What might be the problem?

Not sure what you mean by the DCI slot?

On a standard retail console there is only 1 slot and that is Cartridge/Expansion port, there are two card edge connection point on the rear for AV and networking, plus power and RF out. If you have anything in addition to these it must be a modified unit.

Unless somebody has selected an optional setting, B usually start the game & the only way to reset a game other than a power off is to press the * and # keys at the same time, if you have another controller you can use see if the same thing occurs with that try that in case the other one is faulty, also look at the connector on the controller to see if any pins are bent.

If you do not have another controller to try and tis connector pins look OK is there any sign of the game resetting either with no controller connected or a controller connected but without you pressing any buttons?

Sounded like a controller issue to me, it cannot be a supply sort as I would expect a full Jaguar reboot with tumbling letters boot screen rather than a game restart.

If it is a single player game like Cybermorph what happens when you connect the controller into the right controller port and press the buttons? I would expect nothing but it would be interesting to know.

Do you know if the controller has been modified or repaired? If it has then it is possible a solder short may be causing the issue.

I might expect a problem with buttons on the same line (*, #, 0 & Up) or the same half of the 244 (*, #, 0, Up, 9, 8, 7 & Down) causing an issue but if is happen with every button that should not be possible unless there is a catastrophic failure of the 74HC244. My suggestion would be to replace it and see if that makes a difference.