IGNORED

Games without overlays

vtadave

2 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Does anyone know how many games had "bag" releases?  I know Spiker was available in a bag for a bit before INTV finally decided they needed to produce boxes for all titles.  But were there others that were released in bags?

Spiker

Super Pro Hockey

Boxing

Tron Solar Sailer

I suspect these, but haven't actually seen one:

Checkers

Tennis

Word Fun

Locomotion

13 hours ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

37 games didn’t originally have overlays produced to cut down on costs:

20 of 21 INTV games (WC Baseball)

7 of 8 Coleco games (Mouse Trap)

6 Parker Bros. games

3 Atarisoft games

1 Sega game

The remaining 88 games had overlays produced.  All games had boxes & manuals produced.

Hope that helps.

joe

Thanks Joe.  Super helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the1hatman said:

I can confirm Word Fun was a baggie release. I have the black and white manual with visible fold lines where it was wrapped around the cart.

But are we sure you wrapped the manual around the CART and not something else? ? I suspect you were pretty excited when you found it. 

I'm 99% sure Tower of Doom was available as a baggie'd release - I could swear it came that way when I got it back in the late '80s. But it could be faulty memory which game it was - I just know I didn't have any of the listed "baggie release" games other than Tron Solar Sailer back in the day, and I know Tron was a boxed copy.

Cripes I thought this thread was going to be about some new harebrained Peter Gabriel retro project (Jeux sans Superpositions)  akin to his German-language albums from back when. Shoulda known better.

So is this about overlays, funbaggies, lifesavers, tootsie rolls, or tasteful artsy photography? Y'all are all over the map here.