IGNORED

Geneve USB to XT adapter Firmware Update

Shift838

All,

I know some of you purchased one of these from me.  I originally offered them in 2018.

built.thumb.jpg.029239d80e827b17ed7545895a0cc71e.jpg

These units came with JediMatt42's USB2XT firmware he got working for me in order to use a USB keyboard on the Geneve 9640 or XT computer.

There was one area that I never could solve, and that was the autorepeat function.  The firmware did not have it and I never got around to working through it.

However...  Fred Kaal came up with a firmware for his USB2XT keyboard converter for use on the Geneve.  His has a couple of different modes (MDOS and BASIC) which allow a user to enable the mode then start typing at least 3 characters then press tab to complete or cycle through the commands.

I did do a few modifications on his code to make it work with my current PCB and for some issues I found with the numeric keyboard character translations.  I also changed the keys to go into MDOS or BASIC mode as I did not have a LEFT and RIGHT Windows GUI key on any of my keyboards.

to get into the modes you simply press:

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT WINDOWS + M for MDOS mode

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT WINDOWS + B for BASIC mode

see Fred's site for more information on the commands that are in MDOS and BASIC modes HERE

I now have options for this on my webstore for new orders.

However, if you currently have one of these and want to reload your firmware on the current Teensy 3.2 in the unit or you can buy a new Teensy 3.2 or Teensy LC  (either will work) on ebay, amazon, or wherever and upload the code to the new Teensy and swap it out as they are all socketed.  Teensy Loader required from HERE

the new code is attached for my modified version of Fred's firmware for both Teensy 3.2 and Teensy LC.

Enjoy..

USB2XT-TEENSY32.hex USB2XT-TEENSYLC.hex

• Like 4