IGNORED

WTB: TI PEB Cards

Pheonix

Wanted to buy a Speech Synth adapter card and IDE card for the TI-99/4a PEB.  A Myarc HFDC card instead of the IDE card would also be acceptable, but figure the IDE card would be more likely.  Also thinking that an IDE to CF/SD adapter is probably easier to come by than an MFM version :)

Also, does anyone happen to have the measurement specs for PEB cards?  Including thickness to fit the slot comfortably?  Too thin and connections are iffy, too thick and it becomes too tight.

I'm trying to remain with the TI-99/4a's native system as much as possible.  Both the Myarc & IDE cards (with TI99-geek's DSR,) pretty much maintain the 99's system (meaning a 248 MB cap on the HDD.)  So, even my smallest IDE drive (assuming I don't purchase another one,) will end up losing over half it's size (it's 2G.)  But, still, 4 drives at 248 MB each for my TI would be rather huge....  Or with the Myarc card, the 60 MB drives I've tracked down (that are both half height & MFM,) would be a considerable addition.  The TIPI (along with all the other alternatives I've looked up,) instead just have pseudo DSKx drives set up.

I'm trying to remain with the TI-99/4a's native system as much as possible.  Both the Myarc & IDE cards (with TI99-geek's DSR,) pretty much maintain the 99's system (meaning a 248 MB cap on the HDD.)  So, even my smallest IDE drive (assuming I don't purchase another one,) will end up losing over half it's size (it's 2G.)  But, still, 4 drives at 248 MB each for my TI would be rather huge....  Or with the Myarc card, the 60 MB drives I've tracked down (that are both half height & MFM,) would be a considerable addition.  The TIPI (along with all the other alternatives I've looked up,) instead just have pseudo DSKx drives set up.

Tipi provides a flat drive on TIPI. of basically limitless space (only limit is the sd card size on the pi) and can point DSK1-4 to any part of the drive. It also has DSK0 that is the same as TIPI. to allow older disk managers to copy from the drive without error. Force command and DM2K 3.0 both support copying from different cru addresses.

The ide controller is 3x the price of a TIPI peb card but if you like smb soldering I have a couple kits in stock

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I can do SMB soldering, but very slowly.... Have to do it manually.  The problem with the kits are that there are parts that just cannot be obtained any more :(  For some, I was able to find close approximations that were the right size, but there were a couple I just couldn't find anywhere.  Even the close approximations, I can't be sure would actually work.  They should, but I just don't understand enough about electrical engineering actually know.  One part, at least, would require hacking in something else, and hoping the replacement (which wouldn't fit normally, didn't cause a failure.  Which is why I decided to start looking for one that was already put together.