IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 Start Date Jan 24th

31 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Working start date of January 23rd :) Likely to be this date or close to. 

I like this date over the week before because when 16 games end we will be smack dab up against Memorial Day which means Summer time. SWEET!!! ?

Also just a quick note: Assuming we are still going with a Sunday start date that is actually the 24th. So Sunday January 24th would be the start of Season 14. 

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Also just a quick note: Assuming we are still going with a Sunday start date that is actually the 24th. So Sunday January 24th would be the start of Season 14. 

Yes, I'll corrected it as Sunday the 24th ?

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

8 hours ago, hoosierdadee78 said:

Going to try the HSC again. I was really enjoying last season guys. It just so happened life got in the way of sticking with it till the end. Sucks when that happens, looking forward to competing with you all??

Hope everything is OK now, and you are able to join us. Would be great to have you back!

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 6:27 AM, hoosierdadee78 said:

Going to try the HSC again. I was really enjoying last season guys. It just so happened life got in the way of sticking with it till the end. Sucks when that happens, looking forward to competing with you all??

That happened to me too.

I am sure we all understand,and hopefully everyone is able to compete and play from start to finish.

That's my plan for sure!?

• Like 6

Well...OK...

:D

Hi!

Rogerpoco, I play in the 2600 HSC-don't, lol, let my stats/standings over there worry/fool ya-I ain't all that good at INT.

I do have a nicely working one tho, and an LTO(along with a decent cart collection), so I am planning on trying to play along with ya'll this season, but to be honest/fair, I'm kinda flighty, so no promises on "every week", but I'll try!

Ummm...Ya, even-I have "accomplishments", but I am trying to think of anything I've done on INT that is even borderline "good", and am struggling, haha, but I DO enjoy playing it, have a best bud really into it, and hopefully already a couple new buds here, so I hope to have some fun with you all!

I'm sure I'll be playing, and probably very committed, to the 2600 HSC, one of the main reasons I worry about being "sure" about my participation here, but I promise to try!

Best of Luck, Everyone!!!

• Like 10

Okay guys, here's the breakdown for Season 14 of the HSC which starts this Sunday night (January 24th, 2021). The theme last season was 'Shooter' games. Season 14 the theme will be 'Variety Games' meaning we will be playing games from Imagic / Activision / Atari-Soft / Parker Brothers / and yes Coleco and maybe even Interphase. ? It will be a mashup of whatever Intellivision company made games we can throw together for a 16 game season with bonus games a plenty. It will be pretty sweet... ?

The scoring will again be 13 points down to 1 with the 10 spot skipped. It will be a 16 game / week season (I don't like to say 'games' rather weeks because there WILL be bonus games as well. 

We will be awarding +2 points for games won this season. It was done in the past and will be brought back as it gives more incentive to win a game / week. So if you win a game you will get +13 and then +2 so total +15 and if you break a record(s) you will receive additional points as well.

Bonus games will again be 7 points down to 1 point, and bonus games will get a +1 for the winner. So +2 additional for regular game winners and +1 for bonus game winners. 

Breaking records bonus. If you break and set a new record you will get +3 additional points. If you break a record, but someone else breaks it higher you will get +2 additional points. If you tie a record you will get +1 additional points. 

New starting times for games this season. We will 'try' to get new games pushed out between 6pm and 9pm on Sunday nights. The games will still close 2 weeks after at 11:59:59PM. Sometimes games could also start on Saturdays which happened some last season, but they will always close at 11:59:59PM. Meaning only the start times are changing, the close time will still be the same. 

Both Jacob and I are co-moderating for this season. ?

I will 'try' to give periodic score updates cuz I find it's actually easier this way if you keep up with the scoring. ?

So that's about it for now. Get ready for a shiny and new season of the InTV HSC and just think when it's over it will be late Spring and almost Summer.... ☀️?

See y'all on the scoring boards!!!

Rickster8

SNEAK PEEK PREVIEW FOR GAME 1: Beamrider - Activision

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

What’s hangin’ guys??? 

I was helping my family out in the UK. No wifi. No Intel! And their internet is gawd-awful over there!

whad-I-Miss guys???? Who won the tournament?  

Dude, we thought something very bad happened to you!!  And you never even said you would be going to the UK in the middle of the season. You just vanished without a trace!!  Why didn’t you mention that??  We really feared the worst, like COVID or something. Glad to hear you are ok!  But man, warn us next time!!  I believe Rick sent you some unanswered PMs too. 

By the way, Rick won last season. He finished strong with games that were right in his wheelhouse. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Dude, we thought something very bad happened to you!!  And you never even said you would be going to the UK in the middle of the season. You just vanished!!  Why didn’t you mention that??  We really feared the worst, like COVID or something. Glad to hear you are ok!  But man, warn us next time!!  I believe Rick sent you some unanswered PMs too. 

By the way, Rick won last season. He finished strong with games that were right in his wheelhouse. 

I’m really touched! Thank you! ❤️ Yes my Aunt was very sick and I was the only mobile person who could go. I had no notice myself. I wanted to finish the season ... I was killing it! I just got back after New Year ... with a new outlook on life. 

But I’m BACK BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I’m really touched! Thank you! ❤️ Yes my Aunt was very sick and I was the only mobile person who could go. I had no notice myself. I wanted to finish the season ... I was killing it! I just got back after New Year ... with a new outlook on life. 

But I’m BACK BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah you were in control of the season and we were all perplexed as to how or why you vanished without saying anything.  That’s why we feared something very bad happened to you. Wish you would have told us!!!  Well anyway, welcome back!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Rickster!!! You won! Congrats!  So the winner becomes the co-host! ? ? ? 

I guess next season I’ll be co-hosting ? ? ? 

Rick took over halfway through the season and provided lots of great detailed updates for us. He began co-hosting last season with Jacob, so he’ll continue that for us in this upcoming one. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2