IGNORED

SN76489 Musician Looking to Work on Homebrew Projects!

POLARIA POYON

Hi! Polaria Poyon here! I make chiptune for a lot of different soundchips but I'm best known for my work on SN76489. It was used in a number of different systems, including the ColecoVision. I was wondering if anyone needed music done for a Colecovision homebrew project? I have some demos to show off of my original music done in the soundchip!

If you're interested the best places to reach me are at polariapoyon@gmail.com or through DMs on twitter (@polariapoyon).

(Metropolitan Dusk utilizes Game Gear hard panning stereo, which the ColecVision doesn't have. The hi hats also might sound slightly different since periodic noise is handled different compared to Game Gear, but otherwise this is playable on a Coleco!)

• Like 9

Why is there no classes for this.

I like to think I am experience with the Colecovision but I am finding out there are some things that are universal in programing that I need to brush up on.

My experience is the graphics area and I usually have a sound man do the music and FX.

I no longer have that guy so I am stuck.

Most everything around this board is in C and the main person who creates beautiful work is Amy Purple who does not make rounds often.

Hence, we need Z80 classes and despite this being covered in Tony's book he is also using a 3rd party tool which now I have to install java  and it goes on and on.

In the mean time I may just hire this guy or my games will never see the light of day.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, Itchy Scratchy said:

Why is there no classes for this.

I like to think I am experience with the Colecovision but I am finding out there are some things that are universal in programing that I need to brush up on.

My experience is the graphics area and I usually have a sound man do the music and FX.

I no longer have that guy so I am stuck.

Most everything around this board is in C and the main person who creates beautiful work is Amy Purple who does not make rounds often.

Hence, we need Z80 classes and despite this being covered in Tony's book he is also using a 3rd party tool which now I have to install java  and it goes on and on.

In the mean time I may just hire this guy or my games will never see the light of day.

NewColeco (Amy Purple) uses the Coleco BIOS routines to create those incredible song demos and sound effects. I can only assume the pertinent information is in the CV Programmer's Manual.