IGNORED

VCS won't power on

SizzleAtari

10 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Can you post a picture of the power supply and connector?  Do you have access to a multimeter?  Or a soldering iron and some led's and resistors?

I took these because so many people were commenting about the special plug.
Of course, it's common, shipped with many Dell and Lenovo laptops, and commonly known as a "mickey mouse" or "clover" plug.

If SizzleAtari also posted on Facebook, he said he gets the light on the console, and on the Atari logo lights up.
The problem for somebody posting almost the same thing was that they said they see the Atari logo on-screen and then it goes "no signal".

The VCS starts up in a lower resolution, perhaps 720p, and then switches to a higher resolution during boot-up.

For the other person(?) the problem is either 4K incompatibility on the monitor, or a software issue, not hardware.

SizzleAtari may have a different issue entirely, of course. I'm just saying it's similar, and explaining what I know.
There have been some people with problems after switching to 4K permanent output, and a fix is now pending.

Cheers, Richard.
vcs_psu.thumb.jpeg.a1b8d18b893ff4a7380a78e41f992d42.jpeg

vcs_plug.jpeg

47 minutes ago, SizzleAtari said:

Was not power supply. Got a new one, still no power.

Yikes.  Have you contacted Atari at https://atari.gamecentergroup.com/index.php?/VCS/Tickets/Submit  .  They should be able to help you or get you a new unit.  Either way, good luck.

• Thanks 1

Long shot, but maybe the backplate is just misaligned to the button? If I understand correctly the "button" on the backplate is just a piece of plastic that indirectly mechanically pushes the real power button on the board. You could try removing the backplate and pushing the button directly. 

6 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

This thing is saying my email isnt registered but it is

Could you maybe try to give a little bit less information, ha ha.
You gave some, but not enough to work out what you're talking about. The Companion app?
There is a very helpful Discord channel just for Atari VCS owners. Best to get some help there!

5 hours ago, JeffVav said:

Long shot, but maybe the backplate is just misaligned to the button? If I understand correctly the "button" on the backplate is just a piece of plastic that indirectly mechanically pushes the real power button on the board. You could try removing the backplate and pushing the button directly. 

Took the lid off, tried that. Took the Ram out, put it back in. Nothing. I guess I'm gonna drop it off at a repair shop tomorrow and see what they say since Atari stopped giving me information.