SizzleAtari

VCS won't power on

I didn't see if you had tried a different cable (not different PSU), and a different socket?

There was a VCS owner on Indiegogo who also thought he had a dead VCS. Nothing worked. No power.

It turned out that he had a travel adapter for the USA plug, but it was faulty. The least likely fault.
His wife bought a replacement travel adapter, and the VCS then worked immediately.

I never saw if you'd tried a different socket, different cable from the wall to the PSU, and so on.
I hope that you have made some progress with your problem. I thought I'd pass on a glimmer of hope.

I tried different plugs, different outlets. Still nothing. Today, Atari said they would send me a shipping return label, and replace my unit. But then, did not email the label. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SizzleAtari
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So, strangely I got my return label to send back my VCS to Atari for Replacement, but it is a residence I'm sending to, and not a business. I found that odd.

Edited by SizzleAtari
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, SizzleAtari said:

Will let you know. Mine just made it back to Atari today, hopefully my new one gets sent out soon.

Nice at least it seems the RMA process is sort of working.  Good luck!  As with anything I know it sucks to get one that fries a day after you try it.  But at least they aren't like 'what do you mean ,it booted once, good enough for us!'  I've seen posts about way too many companies where they just blame the purpose and refuse to RMA.  So far their support is off to a decent (not amazing but acceptable) level.

• Like 2