IGNORED

looking for a source for an external Adam PSU

rietveld

They're pretty simple to make, just a few wires to connect to the rear screw terminals with an arcade power supply:

lsPW6V.jpg

Far left (left of the drives), is the one I made a dozen or so year ago...still works, I use it to this day.  I added the "fancy" ADAM label and On/Off switch on the front, but obviously if it was simply plugged into a power strip with a power switch, it could be powered on/off that way too.  I think these cost about $30-$40 or so, then you just need an extension cord/cable for the incoming power cable, and the cable to the DE-9 connector on the side of the ADAM (which could be salvaged from an ADAM printer if you had one spare).  There's no reason to pay crazy $200 for these 750+ watt PC power supply conversions, I see listed around.  

Jim Walters is currently sold out and no word if he is going to make more of his external unit or mod any further systems with an internal PSU in the area to the left of the Expansion Slots. He and other now use the Mean Well RT-50A (they are small and most importantly provide plenty of power for the +5v line which is important considering all the new Homebrew hardware) and you could probably build your own external PSU for around $50. Oh yeah, check to see if Milli is still making them.

WSC ADAM PS #01.jpg

WSC ADAM PS #02.jpg

WSC ADAM PS #03.jpg

WSC ADAM PS #04.jpg

WSC ADAM PS #05.jpg

• Like 2