IGNORED

Haunted House II 3D - Prototype Label

Steverd

Is there such a thing as a Prototype Label?
I got this in a trade 18 years ago from the owner of Mean Hamster Software.
At the time he said this was 1 of 2 with this label.
But that's all I know, Can anyone fill in more history about this cartridge, label or game?

Thank you

Steve

HauntedHouse2 3D.jpg

HauntedHouse2 3Db.jpg

Not sure. I think it had a limited release.. I don't think we have the only two of that label...

I know the game has problems with control. You need a 5200 that is perfectly adjusted for all four directions to work.

Almost like it was made in an emulator and never tested properly on an actual system.

Still, I used to really enjoy this one. I forget how to play... I hope I can find a manual.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie_ said:

Not sure. I think it had a limited release.. I don't think we have the only two of that label...

I know the game has problems with control. You need a 5200 that is perfectly adjusted for all four directions to work.

Almost like it was made in an emulator and never tested properly on an actual system.

Still, I used to really enjoy this one. I forget how to play... I hope I can find a manual.

Thank you for the info. The Author lived in the same city as me and Traded me this Cart for a box of broken 5200 controllers (aren't they ALL!)

He had two different label designs he brought over to my house. And was planning to use a different label then we have for the release.

But maybe he did use the one we posted. I really liked this label better than the other one he showed me.

1 minute ago, Steverd said:

Thank you for the info. The Author lived in the same city as me and Traded me this Cart for a box of broken 5200 controllers (aren't they ALL!)

He had two different label designs he brought over to my house. And was planning to use a different label then we have for the release.

But maybe he did use the one we posted. I really liked this label better than the other one he showed me.

Actually if you look in the database here on AA it is a different label. The manual is there also.

I prefer the one we have too.

I think there's a fair number with this particular label out there.  The game was even sold in the AtariAge Store for a short while.  We also had a label contest that was won by Earl Green with a completely different label.  This was all back in 2002, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact order of events and which label was used first. 

John Swiderski is the author and he is @ziggystar here on the forum. 

..Al

27 minutes ago, Albert said:

I think there's a fair number with this particular label out there.  The game was even sold in the AtariAge Store for a short while.  We also had a label contest that was won by Earl Green with a completely different label.  This was all back in 2002, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact order of events and which label was used first. 

..Al

Wish these Mean Hamster games were available for sale again. 

On 1/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, Steverd said:

Is there such a thing as a Prototype Label?
I got this in a trade 18 years ago from the owner of Mean Hamster Software.
At the time he said this was 1 of 2 with this label.
But that's all I know, Can anyone fill in more history about this cartridge, label or game?

Thank you

Steve

HauntedHouse2 3D.jpg

HauntedHouse2 3Db.jpg

Hi

i own the same....it was the label for the limited

first release and came also with a manual ?

i think around 200 were made

On 1/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, gambler172 said:

Hi

i own the same....it was the label for the limited

first release and came also with a manual ?

i think around 200 were made

Interesting.  I just looked at mine (can't remember how I got it - eBay or somewhere else), the box has artwork very much like the general release eyes/bow tie look, so does the manual.  But the cart has the "limited" label as shown by Steverd with the full moon.

It would be cool to get a couple controller overlays, had no idea anyone ever made a design for them.

• Like 1

the original release didn't have a box. It was a manual and cart only. I believe it was released sometime around 2004 or 2005? I know that is when I submitted my label for the games contest back then. I also remember the manual on mine is torn along the top of it but I don't recall why exactly? Doesn't effect the actual instructions or anything, just has a torn from sheet look across the top of it.

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, Albert said:

..Al

Al, ziggystar messaged you about the Mean Hamster games to be sold again on Atariage.  I'm down to buying some of the games I missed and I'm sure there are others.  Any chance we get to see these titles again for sale?