IGNORED

Old soviet arcade

Eyco

3 litres of vodka and the starter motor from a 1987 Lada Niva would be my best guess.

And, for anyone wondering about the Hebrew connection, @Eyco is correct - made in the USSR, exported to Israel.  There's an image of one at http://www.15kop.ru/en/ ; just scroll down to the page to the machine named 'Basketball' (Баскетбол).  The title in Cyrillic is visible on the sides on that one, whereas in Eyco's photos it has been painted over but parts of it are just visible through the paint.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

If you want a non-joking reply, heres my take: it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Really. These things are rare enough that theres no real pricing info and depending on your location this can be either very rare or somewhat common. If you're looking to sell, I would start high and lower it as time goes on. If you're looking to buy, I personally wouldnt pay more than $400 for a nice working example. But if you really want it dont feel bad about paying more.

Edited by BDW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BDW said:

If you want a non-joking reply, heres my take: it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Really. These things are rare enough that theres no real pricing info and depending on your location this can be either very rare or somewhat common.

Good points.  The difficulty with pricing an item like this is that it's not something that falls into the mainstream - sure, it's rare and definitely unusual, having been modified for the Israeli market.  But rarity doesn't necessarily indicate value or desirability.

If you're looking to sell, I would start high and lower it as time goes on. If you're looking to buy, I personally wouldnt pay more than $400 for a nice working example. But if you really want it dont feel bad about paying more.

If I were approaching the seller with a legitimate offer, I'd start at $100 and work up from there.  That might sound like a lowball number, but:

• It's untested at this point (as far as we know)
  • The cabinet has been modified
  • Parts are probably going to be difficult to obtain, or will need to be substituted and/or fabricated
  • It's electromechanical, so will require a fair bit of attention to get / keep running
  • Condition overall is unknown
  • While it's cool and different, I also have a rough idea of how much of my time and money will potentially need to be invested into it, and those numbers are significant

While it ticks a number of boxes (Soviet game, exported outside of the USSR, modified for local conditions) for things that I find interesting, there's just nothing to compare it against pricewise in terms of past sales.  I'd be willing to negotiate upwards, but really couldn't see going over $300 for it, and that would be a number I'd want to get to after seeing it in person.

Local conditions may affect pricing differently where the game is, but I just don't know enough about it to be able to say for certain.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...