IGNORED

atari800 compile errors on Ubuntu 20.04

dukes909

./configure isn't finding SDL for sound and joystick processing. With debian based distros I think this usually means you have to do apt-get install a dev version of it, maybe try looking for a match by doing an "apt-cache search sdl" I think. It will contain something similar to sdl2-dev in the name. If you already have it and it's not finding it you have to pass that to configure. Not sure about your make error. Someone more familiar with building will probably reply.

Edited by invisible kid
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, invisible kid said:

./configure isn't finding SDL

Yes, atari800 needs SDL V1.2.  The command to install the development files on Linux Mint 20 (and I think all other Ubuntu based systems) is:

• sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev

For some reason I am unable to find this package by searching for "SDL" in the Software Manager - but the above command works.

Edited by hatchcliff
typo error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hatchcliff said:

Yes, atari800 needs SDL V1.2.  The command to install the development files on Linux Mint 20 (and I think all other Ubuntu based systems) is:

• sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev

For some reason I am unable to find this package by searching for "SDL" in the Software Manager - but the above command works.

Doesn't atari800 support SDL2 by now?   If so, I'd go with that.