IGNORED

Doctor Who and the Planet of Death

blacka013

Which one of me is this, it might be 3 or 4....

There were two Doctor Who Type in's that immediately flashed in my thoughts, I might even have a book somewhere still but my pocket is clogged with jellies.... :) but other titles as well

One with Daleks twiddling about the screen, one that was for the most part a text adventure, one that was a maze, and a German language adventure as well (though it's a graphics maze IIRC

Might be a good move to post a disk image and see if anyone can run down a scan of their repositories and see what matches up

Edited by _The Doctor__

There were 3 Doctor Who text adventures on varying platforms as I think harder, Some written using the Quill adventure writer.

This particular screen might be tweaked artic adventure A version- planet of death type text game ported about the different platforms... so as I stated a quick upload of the disk and we'd know for sure.

I was only thinking about 1 text adventure in my post, so forgive the mistake, there have been some fan inspired releases as well. As my thoughts coalesced I am fairly sure I've thought it through now and will post more if it comes to me... I've at least provided enough for some searchers to track down

Edited by _The Doctor__

some quick searches

https://www.theregister.com/Print/2013/11/07/antique_code_show_doctor_who/

http://www.reviewgraveyard.com/00_features/08-07-03_who-computer.htm

http://gamingafter40.blogspot.com/2010/06/adventure-of-week-adventure-planet-of.html

Most of the Doctor who stuff could be ported more than likely, but our guys would have to rethink them as only possibly 3 offerings might be ok for gameplay or fun as is and could be fixed up to be better and provide a more enjoyable experience. Most of them were not worthy.

Let's see if what I've said pans out. It usually does ;)

Edited by _The Doctor__

Its a hack of Hibytes Star Trek Advenure game (just looked at the code), I guess from looking at the disk that some sort of Adventure creator was used to make the Star Trek game and this person has used that to to do his own thing. There's remnants of text allowing to Add Rooms etc hence the thought its from a creator software..

Also there's only 10 room files on the disk so not finished (?) and the parser is very unfriendly..

Will post the disk if the owner does not mind..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Thanks 2