IGNORED

Abbuc membership card

NuY

18 minutes ago, adam242 said:

Recently joined member here... Just received #141 along with my membership card today in the US.

I've had #142 along with Special Mag #52 for quite a while.. before the software competition ended.

No #143 yet.

I'm starting to think 2022 may be my year :)

Me asking US postal service - "Have you seen any of my shit that has been knowingly mailed 5 months ago?"

US Postal Service says

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/57/22/b35722655a9e8311c268340f17d36efc.jpg

It´s getting crazy. Unbelieveable how much time and energy I need to spend for simple tasks like shipping stuff.

The newest joke happened yesterday. I got a message from a German member, that his letter was returned, as the addressee couldn´t be found:

This is on front of the door to my house.

IMG_0135.thumb.jpeg.c7cd820b44289a03e96cdaf0bb68e675.jpeg

Those are the mailboxes in the house:

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.9e95cb0443e10fe0d6965954b59cfb5c.jpeg

Close up of my Mailbox:

IMG_0133.thumb.jpeg.28c5c9d2c4e0db36890de022e24925bf.jpeg

But German Postal service returned this to sender:

post.thumb.jpeg.4781d2e6a994f1df4062174d81586714.jpeg

Addressee not found:

nichtErmittelbar.thumb.jpg.1e8637bce6c95f4c75986219c456fc04.jpg

You can see, that he used the same address which is printed on the envelopes I use for the magazines. Some of them returned for different reasons, so in general, the address seems to work.

As there are other things I´m missing (a repaired 1050 was "delivered" to me regarding to tracking, but never showed up here) I´m really nervous about how many deliveries might have been lost.

So please: If you ever send something to the ABBUC headquarters, always send me a message via mail or messengers so that I know something´s on the way.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Postal service the world over...Rubbish...The number of times I get other people mail, other people get my mail, for a while I began to think my mail guy could not read but then they swapped him and I admit it got better but still pretty bad mistakes and of course now they don't even want to come in our block..

My address is Flat 1, ** Dabbs Hill Lane, the number of times I've had Flat 1, 9* Dabbs Hill bring down my mail..Needless to say we are many blocks apart.

I guess I should count myself lucky that people bothered to do the job the postie should do, they always get a huge thanks but dear oh dear..What a palava...

Hello guys

Way back when there was only one postal service in the Netherlands, we had mailmen who knew who lives where.  They even delivered the mail to the right address, when the address on the mail was wrong or missing information.  Nowadays we have multiple postal services who all fight to be the cheapest.  Stay-at-home moms and people with mental disabilities deliver the mail.  Some of them "forget" to deliver the mail (this week 15.000 pieces of mail were found in a garage box because the guy who rented it, and who was sacked by the postal company he used to work for, hadn't paid the rent), others can't find an existing mail address if it slaps them in the face.

Sincerely

Mathy   (who works at one of those other postal companies and has nothing against stay-at-home moms and people with (mental) disabilities.  But sometimes people just don't have the stuff you need for a certain job.  But unfortunately, often people that should be smart enough to realize that some people aren't fit to do a certain job, just aren't.)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Way back when there was only one postal service in the Netherlands, we had mailmen who knew who lives where.  They even delivered the mail to the right address, when the address on the mail was wrong or missing information.  Nowadays we have multiple postal services who all fight to be the cheapest.  Stay-at-home moms and people with mental disabilities deliver the mail.  Some of them "forget" to deliver the mail (this week 15.000 pieces of mail were found in a garage box because the guy who rented it, and who was sacked by the postal company he used to work for, hadn't paid the rent), others can't find an existing mail address if it slaps them in the face.

Sincerely

Mathy   (who works at one of those other postal companies and has nothing against stay-at-home moms and people with (mental) disabilities.  But sometimes people just don't have the stuff you need for a certain job.  But unfortunately, often people that should be smart enough to realize that some people aren't fit to do a certain job, just aren't.)

Wow - our postal service has not gone private yet.  I have no idea if that is a good thing or a bad thing, as these days, I have very little faith in government or private companies to do anything properly.

OK - I received issue #143 today!  The stamp from Deutsch Post was 22-12-20 (I can never get used that weird date format).  So, a month and 8 days to arrive.

I just want to confirm - it says my membership (number 312) expired 31-10-2019, but I did re-up for 2 years to cover the expired subscription, as well as a year into the future.  I sent payment on the 22nd, so this was most likely printed with the old information.

Hoping to get the next magazine and games disk soon!

22 hours ago, Stephen said:

OK - I received issue #143 today!  The stamp from Deutsch Post was 22-12-20 (I can never get used that weird date format).  So, a month and 8 days to arrive.

I just want to confirm - it says my membership (number 312) expired 31-10-2019, but I did re-up for 2 years to cover the expired subscription, as well as a year into the future.  I sent payment on the 22nd, so this was most likely printed with the old information.

Hoping to get the next magazine and games disk soon!

Thanks for the information. The stamp date should be the same on all envelopes, as all magazines shipped the very same day (boy, they´re heavy - or I´m gettin weak...).

As I was focussing on getting the magazines out, I´ve updated the database after christmas. All fine with your account, it currently reads 31-10-2021.

We´re already working on #144. There are still a few days left for transmissions (texts, graphics, sounds, demos, games...) ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, adam242 said:

I also received #143 today, same date stamp as Stephen's. Oddly my envelope was fully open (customs?) but the magazine and disk were both present.

Thanks! Now all I just need to learn to read German. And Polish while I'm at it.

Was it like opened, or like never closed (plastic above adhesive) ? The latter could be my mistake, but when it was like opened, someone was keen on looking inside. Maybe that happens due to the stamp: 3,20€ is a special price for magazine shippings, the same with a "personal" letter costs 3,70€. So they might just have checked if the content is a mass product and not an individual letter or so.

P.S.: 142 in english is finished (just wait for approvement from the translators) and will be tomorrow.

144 will finally be created in GE and EN simultaneously.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, skr said:

Was it like opened, or like never closed (plastic above adhesive) ? The latter could be my mistake, but when it was like opened, someone was keen on looking inside. Maybe that happens due to the stamp: 3,20€ is a special price for magazine shippings, the same with a "personal" letter costs 3,70€. So they might just have checked if the content is a mass product and not an individual letter or so.

P.S.: 142 in english is finished (just wait for approvement from the translators) and will be tomorrow.

144 will finally be created in GE and EN simultaneously.

The flap was sealed and it was clearly cut open. Surprised that they made no attempt to tape it shut.

I figured it was something to do with shipping price. Here is the US we have a less-expensive service called Media Mail with similar restrictions. People abuse it all the time. An eBay seller once sent me a car stereo at Media Mail rate.

Thank you again! It is truly exciting to peruse a printed magazine and new software on legacy media in 2021!

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I finally got issue #142, #143, Sondermagazin #52 and my membership card :).

Everything arrived in pristine order, all disks worked on the old XF551, great print quality, all good :). The fact that I don't speak a word of German doesn't alter my opinion a bit: this is a very high quality mag and I congratulate all the people that contribute to making it.

Now I have to make good on my promise and write something for the mag - it will get done @skr, no worries!

Edited by ggn

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered 2 HDD's Feb 12th. They show a label was printed and received by the post office on Feb 14th, in Baltimore, MD.  And the package has pretty much disappeared, no other updates in over a month.  I live in Michigan and have driven to Baltimore, it can be done in under 10 hrs.  I also ordered a 3d printer upgrade from Invent Box in Germany, about 2 weeks ago, It already arrived, but was shipped with UPS.  My wife worked for the post office for years, They have some really dedicated people but also way to many people who are doorstops, who will never be fired.  SAD 

• Like 1

Ordered on Dec 15th and arrived this morning. The packaging has seen better days but the contents arrived safe and sound.714322688_IMG_4177(1).thumb.jpeg.b53e32d31d9cd539de68559f4e6c0fed.jpeg

IMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.2f664d4b6190a6789f1f863d465b415e.jpeg

I looked for a thread about these keyrings but for some reason they never seemed to get mentioned here.

• Like 2

Oh, there were two keyrings and an Apple inside?  ;-)

Yes, the Apple packaging has seen better days... it did not fit the size of the computer at all.  ;-)

But since when is Abbuc sending Apple computers? When I entered the club, I did not get an Apple computer as a welcome gift. ;-)

• Haha 1

Don't know what's going on with shipping from Germany, but I still have not received issue #142 and the bonus #52 (I was told two copies have been mailed) or #144 and the membership card.  I did get #143 a couple weeks back.

2 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Oh, there were two keyrings and an Apple inside?  ;-)

Yes, the Apple packaging has seen better days... it did not fit the size of the computer at all.  ;-)

But since when is Abbuc sending Apple computers? When I entered the club, I did not get an Apple computer as a welcome gift. ;-)

I used the apple because I don't have a banana for scale ;) 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Ordered on Dec 15th and arrived this morning. The packaging has seen better days but the contents arrived safe and sound.714322688_IMG_4177(1).thumb.jpeg.b53e32d31d9cd539de68559f4e6c0fed.jpeg

IMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.2f664d4b6190a6789f1f863d465b415e.jpeg

I looked for a thread about these keyrings but for some reason they never seemed to get mentioned here.

Those are sweet, are they for sale on ABBUC?