IGNORED

Tombstone City Source

Retrospect

3 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

Hi all.

Can anyone here present me with the source code for Tombstone City, please?

Thanks in advance.  

Here is the source on one of the E/A disks for the non-ROM version:  Editor-Assembler Part B.dsk

Assembling TOMBS pulls in TOMBA – TOMBF.

...lee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

Here is the source on one of the E/A disks for the non-ROM version:  Editor-Assembler Part B.dsk

Assembling TOMBS pulls in TOMBA – TOMBF.

...lee

thanks lee.  I was rather looking for something written down that I can read, I should have stated that.  I want to know how John Plaster's code looked and what he did to get the monsters to move in the way they did etc 

44 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

thanks lee.  I was rather looking for something written down that I can read, I should have stated that.  I want to know how John Plaster's code looked and what he did to get the monsters to move in the way they did etc 

That source code seems very well documented to me. Here are TOMBA – TOMBF concatenated into one PC text file:   tombstone.a99 

...lee

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:27 AM, Retrospect said:
On 1/12/2021 at 7:54 AM, Lee Stewart said:

Great, I've got it up in Context notepad now :)

So......you thinking about doing anything with it? I have an idea for something using the original name.

Saguaro City — A Tombstone Tribute

Sort of a version following the original storyline as discussed here:

http://videogamehouse.net/tombstone.html

Maybe expanding in the whole shooter/puzzler idea. Enhanced graphics and perhaps a larger scrolling arena or multiple playfields for each day with new challenges?

Maybe add some purpose to the tumbleweeds. Some sort of reason to want to clear them out beyond points.

Also, that wonderful theme music playing throughout the whole game.

Having fun examining the code myself as TI intentionally shared it as a learning tool.

D55663B1-6430-453F-8FEC-51DF0CBC2871.jpeg

3B4AF441-05D7-4B3C-9956-C109A7D96A80.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Airshack said:

So......you thinking about doing anything with it? I have an idea for something using the original name.

I wasn't doing anything tombstone related, I was just seeing how the programmer did his code.  

It would be fantastic if you could make a Saguaro game, Airshack.  Especially after the travesty that was the Coleco version.  

1 hour ago, atrax27407 said:

Saguaro City was a beta version of Tombstone City the code of which escaped from TI.

Funny thing they changed the title - because Saguaro would much better suit the game as it is, than "tombstone" , originally the game showed tombstones instead of cacti.  But when it showed tombstones it was called saguaro, now it shows actual saguaro it's called tombstone.

The change was down to TI and "religious reasons"